PDA

View Full Version : Sirius install Help!

hoppy2018
11-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I was wondering if anybody could give me a hand on finding out what im doing wrond.

I want the sirius tuner to run off the power on my deck so i cut the ciggarette lighter adapter off the end and attached the one side ot the wire to the power (red) on the deck but i dont know where the other wire goes. I also have the rca's pl;ugged into the back of the deck and when i have it on (cd) the cd plays as well as the sattelite radio????????

any help would be appreciated

thanks

alpineguy
11-10-2006, 09:46 PM
the other wire needs to be hooked up to a ground. But you need to put a 7.5 fuse on the positive wire so you don't fry the sirius unit.

pm me if you need any more help

BlackArcher101
11-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Not sure on the Sirius unit you have... but some cigarette adapters lower the voltage from 12v to 6v. If you cut it off and wire directly to a 12v source, you may fry your Sirius. Double check that it isn't dropping the voltage before you hook it up.

silvercivicsir
11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
sirius radios work on 12volts so you don't even need to use the cig lig adaptor.. however Xm's you do.. they vary anywhere between 6v to 12v depending on how made them..

jza71
11-15-2006, 07:22 PM
when i hooked up rage2's sirius s50 in his benz, i tried to hardwire it by cutting off the cigarette adaptor and it did not work, i just ended up switching the lighter over to constant power. not sure if yours is different than his, but i would tend to agree with blackarcher101 on this one. as far as the rca's, what kind of deck is it, and what kind of input is it? aux? cd? etc. . .