PDA

View Full Version : What kind of lugs are these?

New2Talon
11-11-2006, 03:11 AM
Does anyone know what kind of lugs these are, or where I can get another set?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/crazyazn69/IMG_0583.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/crazyazn69/IMG_0584.jpg

VetteRacin
11-11-2006, 01:30 PM
those are just a regular splined wheel nut, often refered to as tuner nuts, you can get them at almost any parts store

Evolize
11-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Yep, and chances are the socket you can pick up for $9.95 at can tire will fit 75% of all tuner lugs. Now you can go find yourself a new set of wheels :)

Honda_002
11-11-2006, 01:43 PM
hahaha^
yeah they are just spline drive lug nuts, you can find them anywhere

New2Talon
11-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Alright, thanks. I've always thought tuner lugs were the ones that look like regular lugs, but has a smaller star shaped pattern inside the nut. What are these then? Locking nuts?

BTW I like the wheels because they are super light weight, but the fact that im broke and cant afford new ones might play a factor... :rolleyes:

EK 2.0
11-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by VetteRacin
those are just a regular splined wheel nut, often refered to as tuner nuts, you can get them at almost any parts store

No, they are "spline drive"...not a "tuner nut"

VetteRacin
11-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

No, they are "spline drive"...not a "tuner nut"

same thing

Evolize
11-12-2006, 03:09 AM

No, they are "spline drive"...not a "tuner nut" Then why does Can tire sell them with the packaging showing "Tuner Lugs" on the front, yet they are a spline drive nut. :rolleyes:

EK 2.0
11-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by VetteRacin
same thing

Originally posted by Evolize
Then why does Can tire sell them with the packaging showing "Tuner Lugs" on the front, yet they are a spline drive nut. :rolleyes:

yes but no...to the people on the other side of the counter that sell these for a living...and NO not Crappy Tire, or Auto Value, but a true wheel/tire shop. The Spline Drive nut is what you see pictured above, the tuner lug is where the Key inserts inside the lug and not on the outside.

A2VR6
11-12-2006, 12:57 PM

yes but no...to the people on the other side of the counter that sell these for a living...and NO not Crappy Tire, or Auto Value, but a true wheel/tire shop. The Spline Drive nut is what you see pictured above, the tuner lug is where the Key inserts inside the lug and not on the outside.

:werd: hes right. The package you saw at Crappy Tire was probably the Mcgard spline drive nuts... they come with a set of 4 tuner locking nuts as well as with the regular spline drive nuts for extra security.