PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Clarkson's Top 100 cars

trev0006
11-12-2006, 05:05 AM
Jeremy Clarkson's Top 100 cars (http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/11-13-06page-Jeremy-Clarksons-Top-100-cars.htm)

James
11-12-2006, 09:03 AM
nice find:thumbsup:

hjr
11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
neat

Mikey_008
11-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Awesome find, but if you have all the time in the world to watch them all, then it'll be perfect! The color underwear in part 2 was interesting:thumbsup:

clem24
11-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Yah I saw this a while back.. Too bad it's very, um, UK biased. But an entertaining watch anyways.

silver_gs-R
11-12-2006, 05:23 PM
well i actually got around to watching most of show. prety good vid, but like clem24 said its very UK biased.

good find anyways.

#73 Honda Prelude.

Really surprised Type-R wasn't on his list.

James
11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Yah I saw this a while back.. Too bad it's very, um, UK biased. But an entertaining watch anyways.

After watching it I'd have to say that too, alot of european cars that most north americans have barely heard of.

streetarab
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
you bastard, i just watched the whole thing, i probably had something more important to do

kylemitz
11-12-2006, 11:24 PM
that was rediculous. that guy doesnt know a thing about any other cars than lotus, bmw, and ferraris. he should not be making a top 100 list, especially if a golf makes the list over a talon :D.

anyway... i couldnt agree on any of the choices he picked, and rx7 should be way higher than 92 or whatever he said. I cant believe he said that the range rover was "stylish" that man should be shot...

EK 2.0
11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by kylemitz
he should not be making a top 100 list, especially if a golf makes the list over a talon :D.

Golfs are wayyyy more fun to drive over DSM's...

kylemitz
11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
too bad they are waaaay slower...

EK 2.0
11-12-2006, 11:48 PM

not some of the Golfs I played with with I had my AWD DSM...

A790
11-13-2006, 12:59 AM

And much more reliable, not to mention an automotive icon.

Hell, if we're gunning for speed here, why wasn't the Quad Turbo Veyron up there?

euro_racer
11-13-2006, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by A790

And much more reliable, not to mention an automotive icon.

Hell, if we're gunning for speed here, why wasn't the Quad Turbo Veyron up there?

:werd: talons are not really known anywere else in the world other than N/A and over here they are mostly known to be very fast in a straight line with their AWD launch and at the same time very unreliable that only a few brave people dare to own one :D

the golf on the other hand is an history icon in the industry and in motorsports all over the world :thumbsup:

streetarab
11-13-2006, 10:11 AM
this wasnt made recently, so new cars arent gonna be up there, and it wasnt an unbiased report of the top 100, it was jeremy clarksons top 100, he made it and he can make it any way he wants

BigMass
11-13-2006, 10:41 AM
some people need to realize that Clarkson is NOT a reporter or analyst. He's a pundit. He makes statements based on his own personal opinon. That's what he gets paid to do and thats what peope want, not some scientific list that reads like a shop manual.

Like on Top Gear where he likes certain cars which really arent that good, or hates some very good cars just because he doesnt get a "good vibe" from them. Thats the whole point of Jeremy Clarkson and why he's popular

DUNDEM
11-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
some people need to realize that Clarkson is NOT a reporter or analyst. He's a pundit. He makes statements based on his own personal opinon. That's what he gets paid to do and thats what peope want, not some scientific list that reads like a shop manual.

Like on Top Gear where he likes certain cars which really arent that good, or hates some very good cars just because he doesnt get a "good vibe" from them. Thats the whole point of Jeremy Clarkson and why he's popular

HE ALSO NEVER SEEMS TO HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT REAR/MID ENGINED CARS ESPECIALLY IF THERE'S NO EXTENSIVE IDIOT PROOF STABILITY/TRACTION CONTROL BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE THEM. :guns:

Nissanaddict
11-13-2006, 02:33 PM
*shrug*. Find me a more entertaining journalist that talks about cars...rather tough. I don't watch Top Gear to get informed...I watch Top Gear because it's entertaining, and at times, absolutely hilarious. Ever see the "cool wall"? That's what this is. Nothing scientific, just cars that Clarkson likes. De-wad your underwear everybody. Dandem, you should also shut off your caps lock.

trev0006
11-19-2006, 05:21 AM
top gear has got to be one of the most entertaining car shows ever.