PDA

View Full Version : Shipping car from New Zealand to Canada

LUDELVR
11-12-2006, 09:47 PM
There was one guy on here who specifically shipped from New Zealand to Canada, I can't quite remember who it was but anyway, if he's on here I'd like to get some info.

I'm looking to ship a car from NZ back home to Calgary and just want to know exactly what I need to be able to do this as well as how much it costs and if in the end it'll be worth it. I want sound advice here and not what you think or heard, but rather, I want real answers please! I've tried looking and asking around here but I think I'm going to the wrong places.

msommers
11-13-2006, 12:21 AM
From talking to some aussie imports(close to NZ sorry) it was ~1000-1500 to get to the port in BC and ~550 from the port to calgary.

Hash_man
11-13-2006, 12:41 AM
I had been considering doing the same... The few companies that I found which would do this out of NZ, said it would be around 1500-2000 to get it to BC

LUDELVR
11-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
I had been considering doing the same... The few companies that I found which would do this out of NZ, said it would be around 1500-2000 to get it to BC

hey thanks guys, any idea of what the company names were? Also, what exactly do I need (or the car needs) to have in order to make it street legal in Calgary?

FYI, it's a del sol.

el_fefes
11-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Needs to be at least 15 yrs old..

Linky: http://www.transportcanada.com/roadsafety/importation/impxus_e.htm

LUDELVR
11-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Another question here guys, once I land the car over to BC, how do I get it over to Alberta? What do I need in terms of registration and driving it across the province?

rage2
11-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Buy a temp transport permit and drive it to Calgary.

Is it 15 y/o?

msommers
11-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Since it is a car that was sold here from the get go and was no technically imported, I don't think it would matter if it is 15 years old or not. Don't quote me on that though.

As for the question about getting it from BC to Calgary. Well you can do as rage said and get a temp pink slip essentially. Or CP rail if you don't want to drive. Hope that helps.

LUDELVR
11-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Buy a temp transport permit and drive it to Calgary.

Is it 15 y/o?

Yah man, it's a 92 del sol. By the time I leave here and head back to Calgary it'll be pushing '08 so I should be sweet with the age of the car. Any idea how much the temp transport permits are, how long it takes to get them and how long the permit is valid for? Where do I get them from? Thanks Yo!:thumbsup: