PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Compustar Alarm

PalakSagun
11-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I bought a 2004 Hyundai Elantra VE used and it came with a compustar alarm/remote start. It was working perfectly fine till about 2 weeks ago when it stopped responding to the arm/disarm buttons. When I hold them down my car's parking lights flash two times. On the odd chance it does respond to them by it's completely random. The remote start feature seems unaffected by it and I can usually start it most of the time. The controller i'm using is 1WFM4R. Any ideas what might be going on?

yellowsnow
11-13-2006, 12:33 PM
check the battery

PalakSagun
11-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Guess another question I have is that if I arm it and it works and I fail to disarm it cause it buggers out again, how do I manually disable my alarm when it goes off without hte controller?

andres_mt
11-13-2006, 01:16 PM
^ your just gonna need the spare remote to do that. Which is why first thing you should do is check the battery of the remote, then if thats not the problem then check the settings of the system via your user's manual.

'93 SR-V
11-13-2006, 01:22 PM
If you can't turn it off and need to get in the car, open the door with the key (alarm will go off), and put the key in the ignition and turn it forward and back 5 times. The siren should chirp indicating the unit is in valet mode.

PalakSagun
11-13-2006, 11:52 PM
Gonna go to bestbuy tomorrow and get new batteries for them. Opened the remote and found it's a CR2025 lithium battery. Searched the bestbuy website and found the one they have is the duracell DL2025. Is that the same deal as the CR one?

PalakSagun
11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
UPDATE

Went to best buy today and bought the batteries and replaced them in the remote. Went and tried the unlock/disarm button and still didn't work. It still flashes twice , although I noticed that after doing that the car alarm seems to arm itself. After trying the unlock/disarm then going to the door and opening it up with the key the alarm goes off even though I never armed it. When it goes off I can use the unlock/disarm to disarm the alarm and it works pretty much instantly :confused: .

Every other feature seems to work except the unlock/disarm button. When using the lock/arm button it works pretty much right away although holding it again after hitting to arm the alarm sometimes proves to be troublesome but not usually.

I found the manual for my alarm on the website but it doesn't really provide much help Manual (http://www.compustar.org/user_manuals/1WFM4RE_F.pdf)
Any idea what is going on?

Strugari
11-14-2006, 09:15 PM
You may have the unit in the Passive arming mode.
The alarm will automatically arm (30 seconds) after you disarm.
Follow the instructions in the manual and this will shut off the passive arming.
The parlights should flash twice when it is turned off, and once when it is turned on.:thumbsup:

What is the make and model of your car? Some cars need a double pulse to unlock the doors, and your remote amy need to be set to do that.:thumbsup:

PalakSagun
11-15-2006, 01:29 AM
It worked :D Disabled passive locking just like you suggested and all seems good now. Thanks :) One more question I have though I thought that with turning that off my car would stop locking itself after the doors close after 30 seconds. Any idea how to stop that? Doesn't really work well in winter when I start my car and go to clean off my windshield and I get locked out :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
11-15-2006, 01:47 AM
Why not use the remote start to start the car...

Unlock the doors...

Grab your scraper...

Scrape...

Then get in, insert the key and drive away??

93mr2gt
11-15-2006, 02:03 AM
since someone made a thread asking for help with compustar alarms...i have a questoin too...

whenever i use the remote to start my car, my alarm goes off (factory alarm) it didnt do that before...i dont know why it started doing that now....what should i do?

and to reset the compustar remote, i have to turn the key 5 times then press button 1 correct?

PalakSagun
11-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Why not use the remote start to start the car...

Unlock the doors...

Grab your scraper...

Scrape...

Then get in, insert the key and drive away??

Could do it that way except the car eventually turns off by it self and then I'd have to turn it on again. Would just be easier if I could leave it running while I'm doing it, especially seeing how winters in Winnipeg are sometimes a battle just to get your car started in the first place.

Strugari
11-15-2006, 09:50 PM
The remote should not lock the doors unless you have the ignition controlled doorlocks turned on. Do the doors unlock when you shut the car off?
If so you may have to change the setting to ignition controlled locks = off.:thumbsup:

Boostn
11-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Question: how do you verify if the timer feature is turned on or off (not turbo timer)? I know you must press both the unlock and key button to cycle this mode. If you do want to use it, how would you program the time intervals or is there just a default setting??? So basically it just auto starts the car for XX minutes every few hrs or so?

Strugari
11-16-2006, 08:23 PM
When setting the timer feature, one flash of the parklights means it is on, two flashes means it is off.
Default is every 3 hours, it can be programmed to every 1.5 hours.:thumbsup:

Boostn
11-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the help Strugari, it's much appreciated!