PDA

View Full Version : Trying to become an automotive apprentice...

bw54867
11-13-2006, 04:31 PM
I have had half a year at a dealership as a lube technician and have had alot of experience with repairs doing alot of work on friends and my own vehicles.

I am wondering if there is any point in taking a "Prior Learning Assesment" ? Would passing this entrance exam make me an apprentice automatically?

Thanks

HHURICANE1
11-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Go to www.tradesecrets.org , all the info you need about how apprenticeship works is there.

fast&dangr
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
To be an auto mech? I was going to say wash your face and put on some deodorant but you won't even have to do that. Walk into any shop and say "I'll be here 7am tomorrow. I'll bring my tools, fruitcake."

brownchild
11-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by fast&dangr
To be an auto mech? I was going to say wash your face and put on some deodorant but you won't even have to do that. Walk into any shop and say "I'll be here 7am tomorrow. I'll bring my tools, fruitcake."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Audio_Rookie
11-16-2006, 07:50 PM
alot of places are desperate hes trying to say lol.

tirebob
11-17-2006, 09:41 AM
A lot of places are desperate for employees for sure, but I don't know of any shop that just hands out apprenticeships. You would usually have to be already working for someone for a period of time and proven yourself worthy of sponsorship, or maybe you have already gotten yourself through some schooling etc.

Sure you can sometimes secure an offer through a referal or recommendation by a connection in the industry, but again this will usually happen with people who are alreafdy proven to be good employees.

If you already work in a dealership and you have a good reputation for conciencious and quality work, I would start by approaching your service manager and let him know of your intentions of wanting to persue this as a career and see if they will work with you, otherwise just start doing whatever you can to generate interest through other sources...

HHURICANE1
11-17-2006, 12:59 PM
^ :werd:

Graham_A_M
11-22-2006, 12:48 AM
well it doesn't much matter replying to this post since he's been banned. :nut: