PDA

View Full Version : Piston Rings

Dayclone
11-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Sooo my BMW 318i is pretty old nd i need to replaced waht's the best way or ideal way to appraoch this?

Steve

Supa Dexta
11-13-2006, 07:40 PM
first off, whats tests did you perform to come to the conclusion its the rings?

Lo)2enz0
11-13-2006, 08:02 PM
compression test won't bring up the rings, but if you add a bit of oil when doing it you can see the difference and it actually shows.

learned this from darren when my friend kyle found out his were shot

theken
11-13-2006, 08:11 PM
i think the "tests" he should take would be grade 3 english finals

Lo)2enz0
11-13-2006, 08:35 PM
lol thats harsh. some people just don't check there posts after they post. i do it from time to time and realize how much i sound like an idiot

Dayclone
11-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by theken
i think the "tests" he should take would be grade 3 english finals

First of all, I was in a hurry. If you were in my shoes you would fucking understand!

Secondly, I'd appreciate it if you didn't have to flame people like myself, all I was looking for was advice on my car.

Lastly, how about you go back to school and learn to be a proper gentlemen. Unless your just a cock sucking asshole, like any other guy out there! Well the majority of them.

On the other note, thanks for helping me out. I think my car is fine, atleast for now... just it has a sticky and slow accelleration. Also is it legal to sell a used vehicle to a 17 year old? Because this BMW I think there is a more serious problem to it than what it looks like on the outside. I'm 17 and I traded my car straight up without my parents concent, signed papers blah blah blah all that boring crap. Now... should I try to return the vehicle? even though it's stated to be FINAL SALE! but I'm 17. Can't legally sell a vehicle to a minor now... can you?

Thanks,
Steve

tsi_neal
11-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone

First of all, I was in a hurry. If you were in my shoes you would fucking understand!

Secondly, I'd appreciate it if you didn't have to flame people like myself, all I was looking for was advice on my car.

Lastly, how about you go back to school and learn to be a proper gentlemen. Unless your just a cock sucking asshole, like any other guy out there! Well the majority of them.

On the other note, thanks for helping me out. I think my car is fine, atleast for now... just it has a sticky and slow accelleration. Also is it legal to sell a used vehicle to a 17 year old? Because this BMW I think there is a more serious problem to it than what it looks like on the outside. I'm 17 and I traded my car straight up without my parents concent, signed papers blah blah blah all that boring crap. Now... should I try to return the vehicle? even though it's stated to be FINAL SALE! but I'm 17. Can't legally sell a vehicle to a minor now... can you?

Thanks,
Steve

when couldnt you sell a vehicle to a minor... its like buying a candy bar, just many thousand of them.

94SSEi
11-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Yeah I'm not aware of anything that would prohibit selling a vehicle to a minor. Sounds like you're hooped, caveat emptor.

Supa Dexta
11-14-2006, 10:22 AM
its called being young and stupid, and trying to get away with something without your parents knowing.. I'm sure you've tried before and got caught, so maybe learn the lesson this time, take it like a man, and use it as a stepping stone in growing up...

theken
11-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone

wouldn't that make you a cock sucker as well then?
I don't need to be a gentlemen to another guy, i will save that for my woman.

Zero102
11-16-2006, 05:49 PM
What the fuck man?
First you come on here with some half-put together sentence about what is involved with changing rings, then call people names for criticizing your english (which was almost impossible to read).
Next you ask about returning the car to the person who sold it from you because you're 17 and made a dumb decision?...
So, what position are you in to be insulting people?

Here is some advice slow acceleration does not equal needing rings.
ALWAYS get a PPI before you buy a car, and last but not least....
watch who you piss off on message boards, because people who don't like you won't help you in the future.

If you're 17 and act like this when people criticize your spelling/grammar then perhaps you are too young to drive a car, because what the hell are you going to do when you get cut off, go ape shit?
Take a minute to chill out before posting back, because calling people cock sucking assholes on a message board is a fast way to get banned.

As for the returning car question, I bought my first car with my own money at 16. The bill of sale was in my name and it was all perfectly legal. You're stuck. The words final sale mean final sale.

Take your car to somebody who has half an idea of how they work at least.

What is this you didn't have time stuff? If you don't have time to make a coherent post, then don't even post!

Supa Dexta
11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
What is this you didn't have time stuff? If you don't have time to make a coherent post, then don't even post!

In all fairness, he may have been grounded from the computer and had to sneak on quickly while his mom went to the bathroom..