PDA

View Full Version : Motorola L6 vs L7

SuPhistiKatEd
11-13-2006, 06:36 PM
My plan is almost up and I'm in the market for a new phone.

So far, I've looked at:

1. V360
2. L6
3. L7

From the selection, I found these phones to be the best.

The V360 looks nice, but I had a flip-phone and the hinge kept braking, so I'm not sure if I want another one.

The L6 and L7 are so sexy and sleek. I love the style/appearance fo the phone, and both suit my needs.

However, I'm debating the price difference between the two. The L6 is 39.99 and the L7 is 149.99. The only difference between the two is that the L7 has iTunes, MP3 player, and a higher resolution screen. Considering I already have an iPod, is it really worth paying the 149.99, when it's practically the same phone? When you think about it too, I'll only be in a plan for 2 years, and knowing how fast technology changes, the L7 could be obsolete in a few months.

toyboy88
11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
well if u stick to your ipod for itunes/music with your new phone...

question to ask yourself is...do i want/use/need 1.3MP camera or not?

If yes, go L7 if not, go L6...:D

SuPhistiKatEd
11-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Quality of the camera is not an issue to me, as I have an 8MP shooter anyways. Indeed, it's a nice feature to have when you really need a camera (ie: Beyond Spotted Thread :) ) but, I won't really be upset if it takes a bad picture.

Most reviews I've read, people seem to be happy with it if you just want a decent phone, without the bells and whistles. If it makes calls, has text messaging, decent battery life, and is user friendly, I'm happy. The L6 seems to do the trick for me.

Some reviews complained about the resolution of the LCD screen (128 x 160 pixels; 65,000 colors) The L7 and V360 are higher. When I compared them, I couldn't notice a difference. I guess you must have to be really anal to notice it. As well, it's the same res as my current phone, and I'm happy with it.

Many complain about the 10MB storage limit, without expandable memory. To me, 10MB seems enough...I'm not sure how much a picture would consume...but I don't think I would need a ton of memory anyways, as I can just upload the pictures to my computer.

Does anybody own any of the phones mentioned?