PDA

View Full Version : Selling Vehicles age limit?

Dayclone
11-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Alright here's the situation,

I'm 17 and I straight up traded my 96 Integra LS, for a 92 BMW 318i... sure I was fed a lot of bullshit about the BMW. It's a nice car and all but now it has a flip side. I believe there's a huge problem with the engine... as in it's going to blow one day, or it's just not running right with a high idle. Me being stupid traded in a 96 Integra, for a 92 BMW which is pretty much worthless.

First question, Is it legal for a dealership to legally sell me a used vehicle even though I'm 17?

Second of all, Can I sue? or do anything about it to get my old car back or atleast some $$$ hehehe. Even though it was clearly stated that it's a final sale. This has not only almost cost me my life but my school and job ontop of that and also affected my family since I did take a nice road trip up to Edmonton to buy it, and then secondly didn't as my Dad for permission.

Thanks,
Steve

Talies R
11-14-2006, 12:23 AM
How long ago did this trade take place?

msommers
11-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Did you sign the bill of sale? If you're old enough to get a driver's license, I think you're old enough to buy a car. I thin you're pretty much shit out of luck man. Sorry to hear about that. should have gotten it taken to a BMW dealership so when stuff like this happens, the ownus is on them.

Weapon_R
11-14-2006, 01:52 AM
You made an awful trade and now you're going to have to live with it.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Take it as a learning experience. You made a bonehead maneuver, and now you're going to have to live with it.

hjr
11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
depends. a minor can contract for nessesities of life, which transportation is one sometimes. phone them up and say you are avioding the contract on the advice of your lawyer as you are a minor. try to scare them. it may work. if you sue you may win. best to talk to a lawyer though if you are gonna sue.

Supa Dexta
11-14-2006, 10:41 AM
fuck that^.. stop being a little bitch, you were old enough to think you needed a bmw, now you have it.. Whiners grow up thinking they can get out of things if they complain enough, you have to grow up sometime, we all make mistakes growing up, take it like a man, princess...

blitz
11-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone
Alright here's the situation,

I'm 17 and I straight up traded my 96 Integra LS, for a 92 BMW 318i... sure I was fed a lot of bullshit about the BMW. It's a nice car and all but now it has a flip side. I believe there's a huge problem with the engine... as in it's going to blow one day, or it's just not running right with a high idle. Me being stupid traded in a 96 Integra, for a 92 BMW which is pretty much worthless.

First question, Is it legal for a dealership to legally sell me a used vehicle even though I'm 17?

Second of all, Can I sue? or do anything about it to get my old car back or atleast some $$$ hehehe. Even though it was clearly stated that it's a final sale. This has not only almost cost me my life but my school and job ontop of that and also affected my family since I did take a nice road trip up to Edmonton to buy it, and then secondly didn't as my Dad for permission.

Thanks,
Steve

You seriously want to sue because you're unhappy with a used car purchase? I don't think you can ask for damages because your Dad's pissed at you for doing something stupid.

Trust me, this isn't "costing you" your life, school, job, and family :rofl:

rc2002
11-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Sounds like an expensive lesson. Taking this thing to court would just be a big waste of your time.

jasonrx-7
11-14-2006, 10:51 AM
It doesnt matter if its a dealer or private, the trade was made

If on the contract it states "as is", then your pretty screwed.
Some dealers however give a 30 day warranty for anything leaving there lots...
If that period has passed, sorry to say, you fucked up bad.

You ALWAYS take cars in for inspections before buying them..

The only thing is if your lucky you can call BMW give them your VIN # and HOPEFULLY but i doubt it, they still have a recall on something with your car that they will fix.
But being its a BMW its highly doubted.

Get the car inspected, and find out what it is.. then fix it

QuasarCav
11-14-2006, 10:53 AM
This has not only almost cost me my life but my school and job ontop of that and also affected my family since I did take a nice road trip up to Edmonton to buy it, and then secondly didn't as my Dad for permission.

Thanks,
Steve

Whoops,

I'm amazed that someone traded a BMW for your Integra.

Supa Dexta
11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Actually, you should try and sue, just tell me when you'll be on judge judy, because I would LOVE to see her rip into this one

:thumbsup:

black_2.5RS
11-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Lesson learned buddy.

BrknFngrs
11-14-2006, 11:20 AM
As much as you fucked up in this situation I have to agree with hjr, you should be able to void the contract on the grounds that you signed a contract for a non-neccesity item (i cant see a trade for one car to a bmw being seen as neccesity) when you were under the age of majority. Assuming that you are still 17 and you were the only signer on the contract you should be able to void it. If you do want to try and go that approach, do it soon, once ya turn 18 it'll be alot harder if not impossible.

Arthur Dent
11-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Sounds rip for a cool engine swap project ...

AsianCaucasian
11-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
As much as you fucked up in this situation I have to agree with hjr, you should be able to void the contract on the grounds that you signed a contract for a non-neccesity item (i cant see a trade for one car to a bmw being seen as neccesity) when you were under the age of majority. Assuming that you are still 17 and you were the only signer on the contract you should be able to void it. If you do want to try and go that approach, do it soon, once ya turn 18 it'll be alot harder if not impossible.

This is true. Driving is NOT a neccesity and the contract can be voided. Take it back ASAP.

Cruz
11-14-2006, 11:27 AM
This has not only almost cost me my life but my school and job ontop of that and also affected my family since I did take a nice road trip up to Edmonton to buy it, and then secondly didn't as my Dad for permission.

Thanks,
Steve

Looks like we're missing some vital information here. Did you almost die as a result of your actions? Are you now addicted to crystal meth or crack because of the trade?

Saying that it almost cost you your life, school, job, and family implies that something went very wrong as a result of the trade. If not, then then it's probably not anywhere near as bad as you think. Life sometimes doesn't go as planned but look on the bright side: you can now look forward to riding the big blue limo.

seer_claw
11-14-2006, 11:29 AM

I don't think that this qualifies in this situation due to the fact that it was a trade. He already had a non-necessary item. Just made a change to the item. If the dealer was selling a vehicle to a person with no previous car than it would be as you commented.

I guess its just an expensive lesson. I hope that the OP has learned that inspections are there for a reason. ;)

BrknFngrs
11-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by seer_claw

I don't think that this qualifies in this situation due to the fact that it was a trade. He already had a non-necessary item. Just made a change to the item. If the dealer was selling a vehicle to a person with no previous car than it would be as you commented.

See i thought about that too before i posted and i cant see that being relevant, they still formed a contract for a non-neccesity item with a minor. Which to the best of my knowledge means the non-minor party is basically out of luck, unless they can prove it was neccesity or provided substantial benefit to the minor. The fact that the contract doesn't directly involve cash doesn't mean this non-neccesity contract with a minor wasn't formed.

Darkane
11-14-2006, 11:57 AM
The contract is to protect the seller not the buyer. Your fucked buddy. Deal with it.

GOnSHO
11-14-2006, 12:23 PM
go buy a new engine from manchester auto... he specializes in BMWs... lots of nice engines :thumbsup:

max_boost
11-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Take responsibility man. You were more than willing to make the trade at the time. Live with it!

seer_claw
11-14-2006, 12:26 PM

See i thought about that too before i posted and i cant see that being relevant, they still formed a contract for a non-neccesity item with a minor. Which to the best of my knowledge means the non-minor party is basically out of luck, unless they can prove it was neccesity or provided substantial benefit to the minor. The fact that the contract doesn't directly involve cash doesn't mean this non-neccesity contract with a minor wasn't formed.

It wasn't a non-necessity item that they traded for. If he was getting a car before he owned one than its a different story. He had a car before and he has a car now. There has been no change in teh ownership of a non critical item. I don't think that it can be held against the dealer.

XylathaneGTR
11-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Take responsibility man. You were more than willing to make the trade at the time. Live with it!
werd.

Just grow up, and take something away from your experience.

toyboy88
11-14-2006, 12:35 PM
didn't you get it inspected by like a BMW dealership first?

if not, that's what u should have done...

i think your outta luck man

slickk
11-14-2006, 12:50 PM
You signed a contract man. That's ur word. Done Deal.

LuxCars
11-14-2006, 12:52 PM
You should be able to do something, speaking from experience and selling and buying cars when i was under 18, i was not allowed to purchase or trade in a vehicle without a parent consent..

the dealership fucked up on that one.

best bet is to do a little research and ask around at other dealerships and see what they say towards your situation.

good luck man..

and to all the jerks who say this isnt costing him his life......your right in a way..

when your 17 your obviously still in highschool (unless you dropped out) and money is a serious issue to you, and when your worried about money and how you just got royally screwed over its hard to focus on school, meaning you risk the chance of lowering your grades and possibly not getting accepted into Uni or college.

so in the long run this could ruin his life...a little support from this forum would probably help.

pyar_deewane
11-14-2006, 12:55 PM
which dealer was it that sold it 2 u?

GTS Jeff
11-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Dude, it did not ruin your life, school, work, etc...haha. It's just a car, so calm the fuck down.

Chalk this up as a learning experience. The take home message here is that YOU ARE A DUMB TEENAGER. The sooner you learn that, the sooner you'll stop having these "learning experiences."

blitz
11-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars
when your 17 your obviously still in highschool (unless you dropped out) and money is a serious issue to you, and when your worried about money and how you just got royally screwed over its hard to focus on school, meaning you risk the chance of lowering your grades and possibly not getting accepted into Uni or college.

so in the long run this could ruin his life...a little support from this forum would probably help.

You could apply this to any stage in life. "My wife was pissed at me for trading our mini-van for those magic beans, I fell into depression, lost my job and now I'm divorced." Now would you blame the magic-bean selling Gypsy for that?

yellowsnow
11-14-2006, 02:09 PM
get an inspection and get it fixed BEFORE it "blows" :rolleyes:

it could be a simple fix for all you know. but buying a old used bmw is gonna cost you money in maintenance.

get a job, or get two jobs if u need and fix 'er up.

Which dealer did you buy it from? Don't all dealerships usually offer a warranty on used vehicles... especially if it's from a bmw dealership.

chris
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
get an inspection and get it fixed BEFORE it "blows" :rolleyes:

it could be a simple fix for all you know. but buying a old used bmw is gonna cost you money in maintenance.

get a job, or get two jobs if u need and fix 'er up.

Which dealer did you buy it from? Don't all dealerships usually offer a warranty on used vehicles... especially if it's from a bmw dealership.
i'm guessing it's some shady "dealership", the ones that just sell used cars.

Xtrema
11-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I think you should learn a few things from the kids by trading Pokemon cards first before moving up to cars.

:rofl:

jasonrx-7
11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
^^^^ :rofl:

max_boost
11-14-2006, 03:39 PM
hahaha

You know most people try to figure out a solution if they have a problem, not directly blame someone else to weasel their way out of it. :D

Tik-Tok
11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Own up to it kid.

I once bought a car off a used lot... was told it hadn't been inspected yet, bought it anyways because it was cheap... turns out the subframe was so rusted out no place in the city would pass it's inspection... then I looked at the paper work and the salesman had signed that it HAD been inspected, but FAILED...

In other words it was my fault I got screwed. Did I go back and bitch, nope, because I'm a man, and I should have looked closer at the paperwork. LESSON LEARNED.

At 17 you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to buy a car.

msommers
11-14-2006, 05:25 PM
the best part is I think he is too ashamed to reply here as there are 34 replies and no OP response:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Nothing like 33 people pointing out you're an idiot:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AsianCaucasian
11-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Own up to it kid.

I once bought a car off a used lot... was told it hadn't been inspected yet, bought it anyways because it was cheap... turns out the subframe was so rusted out no place in the city would pass it's inspection... then I looked at the paper work and the salesman had signed that it HAD been inspected, but FAILED...

In other words it was my fault I got screwed. Did I go back and bitch, nope, because I'm a man, and I should have looked closer at the paperwork. LESSON LEARNED.

At 17 you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to buy a car.

I dont think some of you guys understand. Anyone undergoing a contract with a minor for a non-necessary item assumes full risk and responsibility. He can void the contract at any time without consequences.

Palmiros
11-14-2006, 05:42 PM
How about, instead of waiting for replies, you go and talk to the DEALERSHIP that sold you the POS BMW.

Dayclone
11-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Alright guys here are my response to your entire question hopefully I can answer all of them.

1st

Today I called my Dad's lawyer and have a very nice chat with him. He said to me that it's illegal to be selling a vehicle or even trading a vehicle into a dealership/private sale without parents consent. Even though I am under the age of 18 still, my signature doesn't mean anything. Which means there is no contract?

2nd

The dealership that sold this to me is Family Motors in Edmonton on 112st and 107 Ave.

3rd

The manager there gave me a inspection sheet that checked everything off to be "Good" or "Working Order" when I arrived at the BMW which was parked at his house because the lot was full.... My friend and I checked what seemed to be tranny dipstick. But soon realized that it wasn't the tranny dipstip! It was the Engine dipstick that has no OIL! Luckily I had brought along Mobil1 Synthetic Oil which I use in my integra and topped it off in the BMW.

The inspection I believe was FALSE and signed by a Mechanic.

4th

Yes, life is a bitch and I learned my lesson. It comes at an expense and I think the dealership fucked up big time selling a vehicle or at least trading it to a minor, I never got parents consent, because I went behind my parents back, and my entire family's back and traded my car.

First of all my parents didn't know I went to Edmonton, and then when they saw me drive back here I had to go to work and didn't return till 1AM. So if you were my parents how pissed would you be if your son traded in a 96 Integra for a 92 BMW and not only that but did this all behind your back?

Secondly, all of you were a big help in teaching me to grow the fuck up. As adulthood has hit me pretty hard, all of a sudden...and that yes we all have to learn a lesson. Perhaps an expensive lesson when I pay lawyer fees and all that but in the end I’m sure I can win. Because they didn’t do fair business and if I did take it to my friends to inspect the car there is surely something wrong. Stay in touch! I’ll get news and update on this situation. If I have to you’ll see me on global news hahaha!

This trade took place Friday, Nov.10th

5th

My uncle has talked to the dealership about this, and they we lying saying my car was sold, and that he’d call my uncle back in 1hr. The guy never called back, and now my uncle keeps calling them to leave a message but their not returning his messages. Not only is this going to upset my uncle even more but we’ll have to take a nice trip up to Edmonton this Saturday and have a little chat.

Another thing I want to add if this can't be fought we'll then I guess I tried and it's an expensive lesson I have to learn. We've all done some pretty stupid shit in highschool I must say. I've never done stupid shit but I did get suspended one time from school trying to plant a trojan on the computers. But I'm sure you guys can think of times you've done stupid shit. :D

Thanks,
Steve

Please post any more questions or concerns. I like to hear them. As much as it seems you guys have been flaming me it’s all good. Some people have to learn some way but never the less I appreciate the help ladies and gents.

A790
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Alright guys here are my response to your entire question hopefully I can answer all of them.

1st

Today I called my Dad's lawyer and have a very nice chat with him. He said to me that it's illegal to be selling a vehicle or even trading a vehicle into a dealership/private sale without parents consent. Even though I am under the age of 18 still, my signature doesn't mean anything. Which means there is no contract?

2nd

The dealership that sold this to me is Family Motors in Edmonton on 112st and 107 Ave.

3rd

The manager there gave me a inspection sheet that checked everything off to be "Good" or "Working Order" when I arrived at the BMW which was parked at his house because the lot was full.... My friend and I checked what seemed to be tranny dipstick. But soon realized that it wasn't the tranny dipstip! It was the Engine dipstick that has no OIL! Luckily I had brought along Mobil1 Synthetic Oil which I use in my integra and topped it off in the BMW.

4th

Yes, life is a bitch and I learned my lesson. It comes at an expense and I think the dealership fucked up big time selling a vehicle or at least trading it to a minor, I never got parents consent, because I went behind my parents back, and my entire family's back and traded my car.

First of all my parents didn't know I went to Edmonton, and then when they saw me drive back here I had to go to work and didn't return till 1AM. So if you were my parents how pissed would you be if your son traded in a 96 Integra for a 92 BMW and not only that but did this all behind your back?

Secondly, all of you were a big help in teaching me to grow the fuck up. As adulthood has hit me pretty hard, all of a sudden...and that yes we all have to learn a lesson. Perhaps an expensive lesson when I pay lawyer fees and all that but in the end I’m sure I can win. Because they didn’t do fair business and if I did take it to my friends to inspect the car there is surely something wrong. Stay in touch! I’ll get news and update on this situation. If I have to you’ll see me on global news hahaha!

This trade took place Friday, Nov.10th

5th

My uncle has talked to the dealership about this, and they we lying saying my car was sold, and that he’d call my uncle back in 1hr. The guy never called back, and now my uncle keeps calling them to leave a message but their not returning his messages. Not only is this going to upset my uncle even more but we’ll have to take a nice trip up to Edmonton this Saturday and have a little chat.

Thanks,
Steve

Please post any more questions or concerns. I like to hear them. As much as it seems you guys have been flaming me it’s all good. Some people have to learn some way but never the less I appreciate the help ladies and gents.

What I've taken from ALL OF THIS is that you are, without any reasonable doubt, an idiot.

You'll probably get your car back, but you have got to be one the dumbest people I've seen.

Idiot counter + 1

Dayclone
11-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by A790

What I've taken from ALL OF THIS is that you are, without any reasonable doubt, an idiot.

You'll probably get your car back, but you have got to be one the dumbest people I've seen.

Idiot counter + 1

Tell me about it... I don't like to think about shit, when I want something I want it right away... perhaps it's time to slow down in the right lane and think for a second of the consequences.

Moral of the story: Be smart and think about shit before you buy it cause it'll come at a price. Maybe an arm and a leg. Stupidity is definitely a consequence. I'm sure I just proved to all of you people how stupid I am... or just meerly growing up :)

Steve

mekeni
11-14-2006, 06:43 PM
All I can say is, good luck !! :D

Akagi Redsuns
11-14-2006, 06:50 PM
3rd

The manager there gave me a inspection sheet that checked everything off to be "Good" or "Working Order" when I arrived at the BMW which was parked at his house because the lot was full.... My friend and I checked what seemed to be tranny dipstick. But soon realized that it wasn't the tranny dipstip! It was the Engine dipstick that has no OIL! Luckily I had brought along Mobil1 Synthetic Oil which I use in my integra and topped it off in the BMW..............

Engine or Transmission, it doesn't matter. The fact that the BMW had no oil would be enough reason for almost 99% of the people to not walk, but run away from this car.....yet you bought it. Ouch.

Dayclone
11-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Engine or Transmission, it doesn't matter. The fact that the BMW had no oil would be enough reason for almost 99% of the people to not walk, but run away from this car.....yet you bought it. Ouch.

We'll dude all I thought was it just needed oil... Nothing more... and you'd think the Mechanic would check that!? like comeon what mechnaic would not check engine oil... and not only that but when I had traded the car they had to top off my fluids mainly washer fluid. But wish me luck.

Steve

Akagi Redsuns
11-14-2006, 06:56 PM

We'll dude all I thought was it just needed oil... Nothing more... and you'd think the Mechanic would check that!? like comeon what mechnaic would not check engine oil... and not only that but when I had traded the car they had to top off my fluids mainly washer fluid. But wish me luck.

Steve

Here is a tip.....a healthy engine NEVER needs oil topped up, unless you have a rotary engine of course. If it's empty of oil, there is a good chance that it was driven that way unless there is a huge puddle on the ground. Not sure if you are aware, but an engine driven with no oil, BMW or not, is not good sign that the car will last a while.

89s1
11-14-2006, 07:08 PM
I really cant say anything that hasn't already been said.

The thing that irks me most about this is that deep down, you still feel this is their fault, when clearly, it is your own, dumbass fault.

That dealer did what any dealer did talking to a person as dumb as you've proven to be. They lick their chops and they sink in. The reason that this bmw was at his house was because he or one of his sons was bagging on it day in and day out, as it was lacking oil no yet! Another reason this car may not have been on the lot is that it was clearly not up to his standards to what he would sell a civil, intelligent person.

i could write 10 pages about this, but i digress.

I'll say it again, i agree with everyone here except you, and those that have sympathy for you.

zieg
11-14-2006, 07:14 PM

Rule number one... never trust a dealer inspection. Of course they're gona say it's all ok.

It sounds like you had no idea what you were doing when you traded. This becomes evident when you say 'what you thought was the dipstick'. If you dont even know that much, what were you doing trading cars around, especially without your dad's permission? There's a reason most people call BMWs Bee-Em-Troubleyou. And furthermore, you got the 4 banger version? :banghead:

I say hawk it and go get something else.

Gurpy
11-14-2006, 07:19 PM
No oil? and you still bought it? Wow. Used car dealerships are always a screwjob anyways, I was at the chevy one on mcleod looking at some trucks a few months ago, and the sales person goes on about how this trucks the best deal on the market, never an accident, etc. Emphasized on the never an accident part - funny part was there was a huge dent (obviously a decent accident) at the front of it and all he had to say when I showed it to him was "So? it's still a great deal!"

Dayclone
11-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Well I fix my own dumbass fault, through legal means of course. If that doesn't work we'll it'll be taken care fo another way. People should learn not to take advantage of minors. And yes I was a dumbass for doing this in the first place. As I've probably lost a lot of sympathy from you guys, I will post back when their's a resolution until then have fun flaming me.

big mooe
11-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Gurpy
No oil? and you still bought it? Wow. Used car dealerships are always a screwjob anyways, I was at the chevy one on mcleod looking at some trucks a few months ago, and the sales person goes on about how this trucks the best deal on the market, never an accident, etc. Emphasized on the never an accident part - funny part was there was a huge dent (obviously a decent accident) at the front of it and all he had to say when I showed it to him was "So? it's still a great deal!"

lol i remeber that gurpy. But bmw is still nice but i wouldnt of traded a 96 integra for a 92 318i just do an engine swap and ur good to go

GTS Jeff
11-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Well it's good that you've admitted to fucking up and are now working on damage control. Don't sweat it too much...as you said, everyone makes a lot of dumb mistakes when they're young. But not everyone learns from them...

Just think back to this before you rush into any future purchases. I've lost thousands of dollars on dumb shit when I was a teenager too. :)

msommers
11-14-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm just curious but was this a straight up trade or was there + cash involved? Was that 96 integra your car or your dad's? Did he buy the intergra for you? If you answered yes to either of those, I'd like to kick you in the face right now. If not, well that's one thing you can leave blank on the "Are you an idiot?" checklist.

Things to take from this:

1) If you don't how to check the god damn oil yourself, maybe you should get it looked at by a professional before you buy it.

2) While this isn't always the case, guys that emphasize that the car is sold "as is" repeately seems to have shit wrong with it.

3) Don't take advice from your obviously dumb 17 year old friends on purchasing vehicles.

4) Do research on a vehicle and it's common problems before you either decide on a potential vehicle or before you go and look at it. These are things that you can look at specifically. Also if the present owner has no idea what the hell you're talking about, you can assume it hasn't been fixed and can be used to lower the price.

5) Maintainence records are a good indication the vehicle has been kept well.

6) Is the car even clean? People that care about their cars realize that to sell a vehicle, you want to show you take care of it. Think about it, would you rather buy a car from the guy with mcdonalds bags in the back seat or the guy with an airfreshener and vaccuumed carpet?

I'm not going to bother going any further with this. You realized you fucked up and no one needs to beat a dead horse, unfortuntely some people are idiots and will continue to flame you regardless, even if you know you're wrong. It's shitty this lesson learned the hard way was an expensive way but at least, for the love of God never would do it again. Good luck in your search and let us know what is happening. What is the other guy in edmonton saying about this whole issue or have you not brought it up with him yet?

P.S. Read the book lemonade. It is a good source to find goodt cars with values and also includes a buyers guide which you may/should take a look at.

Dayclone
11-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Well it's good that you've admitted to fucking up and are now working on damage control. Don't sweat it too much...as you said, everyone makes a lot of dumb mistakes when they're young. But not everyone learns from them...

Just think back to this before you rush into any future purchases. I've lost thousands of dollars on dumb shit when I was a teenager too. :)

Well thanks for having some sympathy for me. I'm doing whatever that's in my power to get things straightned out, and yes do a lot of damage control. I will learn from this for sure.

Steve

natejj
11-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Sucks dude, thats life. I figured I would modify your sig to better reflect you.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1041/sightf8.jpg

GTS Jeff
11-14-2006, 11:06 PM

Well thanks for having some sympathy for me. I'm doing whatever that's in my power to get things straightned out, and yes do a lot of damage control. I will learn from this for sure.

Steve Yeah, don't worry about any more of the you're an idiot posts...they're mostly knee-jerk reactions from posters are looking for a chance to rant. It sounds to me like you're doing ok, and years from now you can look back and have a chuckle over the whole thing.

When this is all over, make sure you thank your parents for putting up with you. :D

James
11-14-2006, 11:22 PM

Yeah, don't worry about any more of the you're an idiot posts...they're mostly knee-jerk reactions from posters are looking for a chance to rant. It sounds to me like you're doing ok, and years from now you can look back and have a chuckle over the whole thing.

When this is all over, make sure you thank your parents for putting up with you. :D

Something dosnt sound right about this.... Jeff DOES have a heart afterall! :D j/k...........But He is right, just learn from this and look back on it when your older as a reminder to think things through.... I as well made alot of stupid mistakes when i was younger buying cars etc.., dont sweat it too much ,hope it works out for ya :thumbsup:

Donmega
11-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by A790

Idiot counter + 1

For fuk sakes, he gets it already lol

Sorath
11-15-2006, 12:03 AM
dont dealerships have some sort of 30 day warranty? or 1 year warranty?

A790
11-15-2006, 09:09 AM
What about the buyers remorse laws? Don't you have x amount of business days to reverse a major purchase?

Though what you did was definately stupid, I've done my fair share of dumb things (trying to Rally Race my 91 Civic HB and getting it high centered...).

Try and see if you can swing it that way. OR, heh... just get everyone you know to mombard them with e-mails/phone calls till you get it back.

And then keep the damn Integra!

rc2002
11-15-2006, 01:01 PM
There's such thing as buyer remorse laws? I've regretted buying every vehicle I've ever owned. I'd have no vehicle if there was such thing as buyer's remorse laws.

signature7
11-15-2006, 01:30 PM
im sure i read somewhere like a canada government website that for major purchases they have to give an X amount of days so you can return it..hah i have such bad memory i might have just read it here but everything i've bought there has been a number amount of days to change my mind and return or refund it and it seems like the bigger the purchase the more amount of days you get to change your mind or whatever..ie) clothes- 7 days electronics 30 days ect...

the only thing i can think of is private sales because those aren't refundables.... something doesn't add up with having the car parked somewhere else other than the dealership

sr20dets13
11-15-2006, 01:52 PM
YOU GOT HUSTLED!!!:dunno: :rofl: :rofl:

marko polo
11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
did he ever call u back? he's prolly to busy getting rid of youre car

Cruz
11-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Situations like these are exactly the reason behind parental consent and having to be 18 before signing a contract.

1. There is a general assumption that by 18, people have enough sense to think before they enter into a legally binding contract.

2. In the absence of the above, parents can substitute as the thinkers and authorize the signing, thereby removing the responsibility from the minor and assuming it themselves.

3. The explanation or excuse that being a minor absolves you of contractual responsibility indicates that you shouldn't have signed it in the first place. It's not the dealership's fault, it's yours.

The day you jump off a bridge and mangle yourself in a failed suicide attempt, will your daddy's lawyer advise you to sue the bridge engineer first, or the city for failing to post a 'Suicides Prohibited' sign?

dharminder
11-15-2006, 04:08 PM

Steve

I dont think there is anything left to say because everyone has covered it. I personally do feel bad for you because you got hussled. At the same time its your fault for doing so because you put your self in that postion.

Will you learn from this, not at all. They only thing i see you learning from this is that dad, uncle, lawyer who ever it maybe will be right there to bail you out.

Buyer Beware! maybe instead of asking people what you should do, study those two words that will save you alot of pain later in life.

Good Luck

Dayclone
11-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Alright I have an update so the guy apparently sold my integra,
for $5300... and my BMW they were selling it for more than that.
To be exact $6000 so either I want the $6000 back or I want a
different car... Cash will make my life a lot easier cause it's going
towards a downpayment for a nice 350z hehe. <---- JUST A JOKE COMEON GUYS!

Also, I must say this that my parents and any of your parents are probably frigging awesome. Your parents are there in life to help bail you out in bad times... especially when you do the most stupiest shit. Their your parents and I guess it's their job to care for you and make sure your safe. They'll provide you with everything and all they ask in return is that you study good and when they turn 65 heading to retirement, that YOU will take care of them.

Steve

Palmiros
11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Alright I have an update so the guy apparently sold my integra,
for $5300... and my BMW they were selling it for more than that.
To be exact $6000 so either I want the $6000 back or I want a
different car... Cash will make my life a lot easier cause it's going
towards a downpayment for a nice 350z hehe.

Also, I must say this that my parents and any of your parents are probably frigging awesome. Your parents are there in life to help bail you out in bad times... especially when you do the most stupiest shit. Their your parents and I guess it's their job to care for you and make sure your safe. They'll provide you with everything and all they ask in return is that you study good and when they turn 65 heading to retirement, that YOU will take care of them.

Steve

Careful with the 350Z... you don't wanna get involved in something you can't pay off..

kaput
11-15-2006, 06:51 PM

Supa Dexta
11-15-2006, 07:01 PM
hahaha.. his insurance would be more then 5k on that car...

Dayclone
11-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Eh yeh? Well they offered me an option.

1) Cut me a check for how much they sold my integra for! But that's bullshit cause my BMW here is like $6000, and they said my car was sold for $5300 which is another bullshit cause it's right there listed on their website.

http://showrooms.canadatrader.com/showrooms.asp?RowID=24786315&Dealer_id=936-396&Pagecount=1

sale for $9950

2) He can give me an alternative car but I'd have to pay, either way he doesn't want to loose money.

Suggestions?

Steve

msommers
11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Get your parents to help bail you out. Seems that they have an endless supply of money for your "teenage years"

Supa Dexta
11-15-2006, 07:12 PM
this one? your link doesnt work

http://ppgmedia.canadatrader.com/ppgphotos/200451995629706/200451995629706_200611159254726-display.jpg

kaput
11-15-2006, 08:15 PM

Dayclone
11-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Yes that's the one

sr20dets13
11-15-2006, 08:27 PM
lets see a pic of the bmw lol

big mooe
11-15-2006, 09:37 PM
dam thats a nice teg I would of traded u my my 1993 bmw 318is for that and mine is mint shape with nothing worng with it

Dayclone
11-16-2006, 12:06 AM
http://showrooms.canadatrader.com/936/396

Is the dealers site,

and the BMW
ummm
hmmmm

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6853/0192mb8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Something like that but lowered and it's all white.

Steve

sr20dets13
11-16-2006, 11:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :banghead:

hjr
11-16-2006, 11:39 PM
seems as though you are out of luck. if they have a bill of sale w/ the value of the car @ 5300, thats the total damages you can get. you can't generally get the car back if its in an innocent third parties hands (wouldnt be fair to them)