PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Supra is a Chevrolet SS knock off?

Gripenfelter
05-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Chevrolet SS knock off??

2004 Supra

http://www.mindspring.com/~werginz/misc/supra2004.jpg

Chevrolet SS

http://www.mindspring.com/~werginz/misc/chevyss.jpg

R-Audi
05-07-2003, 02:26 PM
While your at it, might as well throw in a pic of the RX-8

Stratus_Power
05-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
While your at it, might as well throw in a pic of the RX-8

thich
05-07-2003, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it were...
I mean Toyota and GM have been working together for a loooooong time.

look at the Matrix and the Vibe.... :P

the Cavalier is marketed as the Toyota Cavalier in Japan....

Wildcat
05-07-2003, 05:24 PM
like i said, i HATE the direction car design is going nowadays... its just horrible :dunno:

Dope Dealer
05-07-2003, 05:49 PM
The SS looks way more like the RX-8 than that Supra Concept.

Redlyne_mr2
05-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Toyotas vechiles never come out looking like the conceptual drawings..at the supra will be uil tin Japan...Toyota woudl never allow Gm to take part in such a project

Wildcat
05-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Toyotas vechiles never come out looking like the conceptual drawings..at the supra will be uil tin Japan...Toyota woudl never allow Gm to take part in such a project

What the hell are you talking about??? if it wasent for GM and for like half of every other manufacturer out ther, U WOULDNT HAVE A SUPRA!!!

Toyota got the engineers from almost every company out there and they developed the supra u see today. They overenginerd the car and they put more money into R and D than they got back from selling them. Which is the reason why they discontinued it. Like how many cars do u know of that have a factory rear-end that can take 900rwhp??

tulit
05-07-2003, 06:55 PM
haha. They better not actually call it the SUPRA DUPRA

Redlyne_mr2
05-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

What the hell are you talking about??? if it wasent for GM and for like half of every other manufacturer out ther, U WOULDNT HAVE A SUPRA!!!

Toyota got the engineers from almost every company out there and they developed the supra u see today. They overenginerd the car and they put more money into R and D than they got back from selling them. Which is the reason why they discontinued it. Like how many cars do u know of that have a factory rear-end that can take 900rwhp??
What are you talking about?...the Supra was not a collaborated project..it was built by Toyota strictly by Toyota Engineers...the supra was also only discontinued 2 years ago and that only because a new Supra is in the works..they stopped selling it in North America because of lack of interest and the ever increasing pricetag but continued to sell and improve it in Japan until 2001 or 2002. Sorry to dissapoint you but the Supra was built for japanese bragging rights to show the detroit muscle that Japan coudl built a "muscle car" too

topher91
05-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by thich
look at the Matrix and the Vibe.... :P

the Cavalier is marketed as the Toyota Cavalier in Japan....

Ferr reall???

Wildcat
05-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

What are you talking about?...the Supra was not a collaborated project..it was built by Toyota strictly by Toyota Engineers...the supra was also only discontinued 2 years ago and that only because a new Supra is in the works..they stopped selling it in North America because of lack of interest and the ever increasing pricetag but continued to sell and improve it in Japan until 2001 or 2002. Sorry to dissapoint you but the Supra was built for japanese bragging rights to show the detroit muscle that Japan coudl built a "muscle car" too

Ya toyota Engineers that were BOUGHT, do u think they just plucked them outta the ground or what??? they had no plans for a new supra!! why would they discontinue something for 5 years when they could be making money instead??? think about what your saying, just because i drive a domestic doesnt mean i live on an import free island.

Everything is about money, toyota wasent making money with that car, now they have a celica= they are making tons of cash; and yes it is true that they built a car to compete with the domestic muscle which dominates the market in japan which are even more popular ther as imports are in north america. If u know anyone that has ever been to japan u would know that if u had a cobra ther u would be the biggest piamp on wheels

Toyota is putting out a supra comeback because they know that they can bounce back and profit huge..... and we all know why theres a sudden extreme intrest in the supra name..

:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :rolleyes:

Redlyne_mr2
05-07-2003, 07:40 PM

Ya toyota Engineers that were BOUGHT, do u think they just plucked them outta the ground or what??? they had no plans for a new supra!! why would they discontinue something for 5 years when they could be making money instead??? think about what your saying, just because i drive a domestic doesnt mean i live on an import free island.

Everything is about money, toyota wasent making money with that car, now they have a celica= they are making tons of cash; and yes it is true that they built a car to compete with the domestic muscle which dominates the market in japan which are even more popular ther as imports are in north america. If u know anyone that has ever been to japan u would know that if u had a cobra ther u would be the biggest piamp on wheels

Toyota is putting out a supra comeback because they know that they can bounce back and profit huge..... and we all know why theres a sudden extreme intrest in the supra name..

:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :rolleyes:
I never debated that the engineers might have been from gm...hell they coudl have been from lada..it doesnt really matter where they came from. What matters is that the Supra was conceptualized and produced by Toyota. Im not sure when plans were established for the MkV Supra I do know however that there were concepts of the mkV floating around back in 2000 so who really knows what Toyota had in mind. toyota has always been considered the most conservative japanese manufacturer when compared to Nissan and Mazda...they were the last to release a super car back in the early 90s and they'll repeat that pattern again in this decade. Had the 350 and rx8 not been released in North America Japan might have been the only recipients of the mkV but that is again is something I dont know or cant prove. All I know is that GM HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUPRA!

l/l/rX
05-07-2003, 08:35 PM
like i said, i HATE the direction car design is going nowadays... its just horrible :dunno:

im sooo with you on that one, the cars designs are turning too "futuristic" :thumbsdow looking. i dont like that.

Wildcat
05-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

im sooo with you on that one, the cars designs are turning too "futuristic" :thumbsdow looking. i dont like that.

word up! if thers one person that runs shit like diarrhrea on this board its you :thumbsup: hahahahahaha, that sig is golden!

l/l/rX
05-07-2003, 10:08 PM
fa shoooz, thanx mang im glad you like my sig ahaha, thats a first ^__^

Zephyr
05-07-2003, 10:15 PM
i read that article on road and track and it says thats just one of the many concept designs, and it may get a name change, most likely 5000GT or so to redo the old school 2000GT the original supra.

Rabbit
05-08-2003, 08:50 AM
i think they are just two totally cars that people want to say that toyota is ripping of GM of the SS. who cares if they both get into production and then we'll see what sells better.

Goliath
05-08-2003, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gripenfelter
[B]Chevrolet SS knock off??

2004 Supra

Toyota better keeps the old design coz this is just plain ugly

Wildcat
05-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Goliath
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gripenfelter
[B]Chevrolet SS knock off??

2004 Supra

Toyota better keeps the old design coz this is just plain ugly

thanks for stating the obvious budday :thumbsup: , jk

XylathaneGTR
05-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Hah...Almost every sports car concept that comes out from toyota is rumored to be the new supra. The FXS Concept was rumored to be the new supra a while back as well. And it wasn't.

You could go on and on and on about how this cars a knock off of that car and so on...And its true...A lot of cars are somewhat inspired by other cars. The SS is a knock off of the RX8, Supra an knockoff of SS, blah blah blah...
And of course Toyota's engineers came from other companies...A lot of engineers in companies they're in now, came from other companies. Thats nothing new. The supra was fully designed by Toyota tho, So what if the engineers that designed it didn't start with toyota in the first place

my 0.02

Tc Super
04-04-2005, 05:52 PM
wut r u talkin bout
all this crap about the celica and mr2 spyder. the mr2 spyder and the celica are being discontinued and it has nothing to do with profit. the new concept will never replace what the supra is.and toyota doesnt intend it to. designs and cars get old and toyota is one of the few componies smart enough to cycle them. i gauranty u that the supra celica and the mr2 spyder will be back.

statick
04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
2 year old thread homie

finboy
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Tc Super
wut r u talkin bout
all this crap about the celica and mr2 spyder. the mr2 spyder and the celica are being discontinued and it has nothing to do with profit. the new concept will never replace what the supra is.and toyota doesnt intend it to. designs and cars get old and toyota is one of the few componies smart enough to cycle them. i gauranty u that the supra celica and the mr2 spyder will be back.

self-owned

Wildcat
04-04-2005, 06:06 PM
hehe did he pm you guys too? ;

Tc Super wrote on 04-05-2005 12:56 AM:
wut r u talkin bout

:banghead:

you my friend are a fucking clown.

finboy
04-04-2005, 06:07 PM
hahahahaha, noobs are awsome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GoChris
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
rofl what a moron

iceburns288
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by finboy
hahahahaha, noobs are awsome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:werd: :rofl: :rofl:

1badPT
04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
omfg thats awesome :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ninspeed
04-04-2005, 08:49 PM
ha ha ha

gorillam
04-04-2005, 11:48 PM

Every single 9" ford rear end in the mustangs and pickups.
Every single diesel pickup truck that's domestic.

:>

Wildcat
04-05-2005, 01:39 PM
^i wrote that 2 years ago buddy :rofl:

edit: and your wrong anyways. even if the rear end could hypothetically take 900hp, theres no way the rest of the drivetrain could keep up. so what exactly is your point?

:drama: :closed: