PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for those snow drifts !!

fast95pony
05-07-2003, 04:00 PM
I went to visit my friends yesterday .they live about 30 minutes east of cowtown on Country hills Blvd. The roads were okay in the city but just after I left the city limits ,I crested a hill and there was a huge snow drift all down the road . I couldn't slow down to miss it . The car started drifting sideways and I ended up heading east in the west bound lane . I kept going .The snow was about 1 1/2 feet deep and if I stopped I would have been stuck.After about a 1/4 mile, I was able to get out of the tire ruts and into the correct lane. I couldn't turn around ,so I kept busting through the drifts til I reached my friends house .I stopped for a coffee ,Then I tried to leave ,but the winds had blown a 2 feet high drift across their gravel road.I ended up staying the night. This afternoon , we phoned a farmer who drove his tractor over and dug out all the drifts so I could get back on to Country Hills. Be careful if you are driving in the rural areas . Those drifts are deep !!

chrisgushue
05-07-2003, 04:21 PM
ya thats hwy i stay on the main roads or highway as much as possible

Rsxstacy
05-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Snow is GAY

chrisgushue
05-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Rsxstacy
Snow is GAY
yup i live inedgemont on a slanted street, its a bitch

4wheeldrift
05-08-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Rsxstacy
Snow is GAY Not if you have decent tires and know how to drive in bad conditions.

Weasel
05-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Not if you have decent tires and know how to drive in bad conditions.

I don't know about you but I have a stock car that is designed for daily driving and 2 feet of snow still makes it useless.

three.eighteen.
05-08-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Not if you have decent tires and know how to drive in bad conditions.

have decent tires, i think im ok at driving in snow...got high centered on like 2 feet when the city of edmonton plowed the back alley :rofl: :banghead: