PDA

View Full Version : alarm/starter

whitexboi69
11-14-2006, 11:27 PM
anybody know a good starter/alarm combo? whats a decent one to get? all i want extra is keyless entry.

Talonstylz
11-14-2006, 11:30 PM
compustar pro.

whitexboi69
11-15-2006, 11:36 PM
anything other then compustars?

silvercivicsir
11-16-2006, 12:23 AM
everything else is garbage.. if you want range, get a compustar or a rebadged compustar ie artic start or a nustart.. Viper is garbage..

Strugari
11-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Viper (DEI) now have a 1 mile range remote start/alarm.
One thing Viper has is a real time 2 way, meaning the transmitter is always corresponding with the remote starter. If the vehicle quits for any reason, the remote transmitter will let you know the vehicle shut down. Compustar verifies the start function, then the transmitter shows the run time for the duration, even the vehicle stalls, or you shut it off with the brake.

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Phat_Tercel_YO!
11-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Strugari
One thing Viper has is a real time 2 way, meaning the transmitter is always corresponding with the remote starter. If the vehicle quits for any reason, the remote transmitter will let you know the vehicle shut down. Compustar verifies the start function, then the transmitter shows the run time for the duration, even the vehicle stalls, or you shut it off with the brake.

Not to mention 2^29 rolling codes so you'll never be hacked, 6 onboard output channels, linking channels, and amazing alarm module integration.

I currently have a Compustar 2wfm8000-AS and put the new Viper SST 5900 alarm starter in my brothers truck.

We parked our trucks beside each other. Head to head, the viper had almost 1.5 times the range of the compustar in a regular suburban community street... and then we turned the vipers rolling codes off. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Viper FTW hands down.
Evolve or get left behind.

GT-R rated
11-18-2006, 03:06 PM
id go with a dei product aswell, i've got a UNGO system in my skyliene and im quite pleased with it.

Talonstylz
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Strugari

just so you know the compustar pro does all that and more.
The regular compustar, does not.

I hav the pro in my car, i can program it to start at any time i want not just every 3 hours, or when it reaches a certain temp, you can do that also , but the best feature is that you can have it start at any time. Also it gives you a reading of the temp in your car, your batt voltage, etc.. on the remote.

The new unit is pretty intense, and thats just a small fraction of what it can do.:thumbsup: