PDA

View Full Version : marco polo chinese restaurant in edmonton

googe
11-15-2006, 02:48 AM
wtf :barf: :barf:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/features/restaurants/gallery/index.html

the health and safety board should be sued for allowing places like this to remain open at all...

Hash_man
11-15-2006, 02:57 AM
OK now that is disgusting... ugggh.:barf: :barf:

nos_efx
11-15-2006, 09:08 AM
They should be doing weekly health inspections at Chinese Buffets, thats just nasty.

Theres been more then one occasion I've gone to a buffet and get the runs right after.

gerrycurl21
11-15-2006, 10:00 AM
im sure alot of other chinese establishments are just like that, just to not that extreme of a degree.

There was that other one by Kingsway that they found coyote in the freezer

Im sure i wouldnt like to know exactly how my food is prepared in sum places, but live white worms?!? Hope she got a huge settlement

rage2
11-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
There was that other one by Kingsway that they found coyote in the freezer
That was Panda Garden, think it's in the same strip mall as Marco Polo.

It's sad, but I actually liked both those places. Maybe it's cuz my asian DNA is coded to let me process chinese restaurant foods :rofl:.

marko polo
11-15-2006, 10:16 AM
thats so fucking nasty, and who the hell names a chinese restaurant marco polo?

gonefishing
11-15-2006, 10:44 AM
i go there for dim sum everytime i go home to Edmonton

Speed_69
11-15-2006, 10:48 AM
that is f'kin gross!!! :barf:

Supa Dexta
11-15-2006, 10:56 AM
I used to be in A LOT of kitchens here in calgary, there were a few iffy ones, but for the most part things weren't too bad..

Whitetiger
11-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Marco Polo "USED" to have a Calgary location too, where the old "Foody Goody" was in the South (by Toys R Us)... Both got "shut down"???

This was like at least 7-8 years ago, for those who don't know Calgary that well.

spyce
11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I use to love that place when I was younger. Always went there for dim sum when I was in Edmonton.

I wouldnt really go to any of those places in the Chinatown there anymore though :barf:

REFLUX
12-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Some of that was disgusting but others didn't irk me at all
Like using the same cutting board for vegetables & raw meat

Unlike Canadian cuisine, Chinese food is COOKED before it's eaten
Of course I'm no health inspector but if you're making a dish that involved raw meat & vegetables combined, they would be cooked together.
There will be a time when the meat is raw and comes in contact with the vegetables.
In the end they are both cooked.

I mean, if that cutting board was dirty & bacteria ridden, then by all means that falls under unsanitary conditions.

Am I mistaken though?
Does thoroughly cooking raw food NOT make it safe to eat???

Chicken feet and veggies in the same sink......honestly, off the top of my head I can't name a single Chinese dish that has uncooked food in it.

Again, the other things the video showed were truly beyond dirty and they did get what was coming to them.

Si_FlyGuy
12-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Please realize that you don't cook vegetables nearly as long as meat, increasing the chances of the bacteria to survive.

GQBalla
12-01-2006, 10:33 AM
the more dirty a kitchen is the better the food taste!!!

:rofl:

some of that was kind of disgusting but like reflux says all chinese food is cooked.

sure some vegetables don't get cooked as much but some vegetables are boiled first than put in the wok.

must be the chink dna in me that has kept me alive eatin at chinese places here and in hk.