PDA

View Full Version : Rsx Type S 02-04 OR 05+

azcop
11-15-2006, 06:20 AM
So i have decided to get an Acura Rsx Type S after xmas, and i am trying to decide which year to get. after 2004 the rsx had a redesign which is different from the 02-04 in a few ways. Im trying to decide which would be the better choice instead of going back and forth.

I wanted to get soem other opinions on what is better or more preferred.

Pocza

SilverBoost
11-15-2006, 07:58 AM
What's your price range? I'd prefer to go newer if I were you. I think the tweaks they made are an improvment. Plus, it's a newer car.

rc2002
11-15-2006, 08:29 AM
:werd:

And since this is the last model year. If you wait a few months for them to start clearing out their stock, then you can probably get a smoking deal on a brand new one.

BigMass
11-15-2006, 08:43 AM
05 had quite a few benificial performance and cosmetic changes. It is a better car, but in the end go with the one you like the looks of. 02-04 or 05 are both great cars. I'd go with the 05-06 just for the upgrades they did to the car.

From accounts of people that are trying to buy last remaining new Type S, you'd be surprised. Because theyre stopping production of the RSX, a lot of dealers are actually less likely to negotiate on their last remaining stock as much as they did when they were in full production. Maybe they think the Type S is going to be rare or something i really dont know.

4doorj
11-15-2006, 09:35 AM
i personally love the bumps on the 02-04 headlight/taillights....

but yeah both are sexy cars!:thumbsup:
good choice on the car!
u will be very happy

nj2Type-S
11-15-2006, 10:05 AM
i like the seats better on the '05 models but i'm biased cuz i've got an '03 lol. i just can't stand that black rubber piece on the rear bumper of the '05 models!

dam_guy
11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
^
haha, yeah, i hate that rubber strip as well, but a mugen rear lip fixes that.

imo, the last model seems to have the most perks, and would be the ideal choice here.

rc2002
11-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
From accounts of people that are trying to buy last remaining new Type S, you'd be surprised. Because theyre stopping production of the RSX, a lot of dealers are actually less likely to negotiate on their last remaining stock as much as they did when they were in full production. Maybe they think the Type S is going to be rare or something i really dont know.

You have a point there. But I remember dealerships blowing out 2001 Preludes and Integras for well below MSRP. If Acura is going to come out with a new coupe anyway (that's what rumour says), then I'd probably go with the new car. The technology will be newer, and if the car is designed as an RSX replacement then it'll probably drop the resale value on RSX's.

spyce
11-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Definitely get the 05+ model. I think it looks better personally. Has a more agressive look to it. And has a sleeker look. Nicer rims too. The engine upgrades are minimal but I believe some parts are actually from the Type R in Japan. The leather is also upgraded at this time and the new gauge cluster is pretty sexy too.

Lo)2enz0
11-15-2006, 03:19 PM
i personally like them when they first came out, thats what i would go for

but the new ones are slick

azcop
11-15-2006, 04:20 PM
yah i looked into the upgrades they made on the 05+ rsx and it was quite a list of upgrades and tweaks. I was leaning towards the newer one sort of and this list made it almost a no brainer :thumbsup:...check it out here is the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_RSX

its at the middle under "Changes from 2004 to 2005." I had no idea there was so much changed

thanks for all the opinions, time to start searching.... :burnout: