PDA

View Full Version : M.alex

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ogpog
11-15-2006, 11:11 AM
No one cares buddy.

Originally posted by M.alex

MK3 FF5 cobra I'm building - it will have ~580-600hp/tq and weigh 2,000lbs (see sig ;) )..........it's going to be pretty hard to find something that could lay the smackdown on it :angel:

hehe

you can always buy my acreage - $3.6M...beyonder's discount to $3.5M :love:

LMK :love: :love:

How about a discount on those 315 Sumitomos I ordered last week :drool: :angel:

Are V12s welcome......a V12 is technically V8less :D

No need for Race City anymore. My new driveway should make a decent track :angel:

http://members.shaw.ca/irondog/house6.jpg

I like it :clap:

http://members.shaw.ca/irondog/house.jpg (again, summer-time picture, lol)

I'm not much an inside-house-type person - i spend 95% of my time in 1 room running my hedge fund; however, I am an out-side type person:

Purty landscape

i don't know :(

what would a choke look like?

You would think someone who doesnt shutup about how they are building a "MK3 FACTORY FIVE COBRA OMGahhhh" would know what a "choke" would look like haha.

there's this lever that can go up or down (or mid-way through, etc...). At the top of it there's a bunny, at the bottom there's a turtle.....I guess that has something to do witht he throttle :confused:

I ordered some 315/35/17 Sumitomos from them yesterday (11/9/06) (kinda odd because I was told tirecraft is the only dealer for them in Calgary), for a price less than tirerack.com.

So so far I'm a very happy puppy.......now let's see if I stay that way :D

Mmmmmmm, 315s, meatyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :drool:
OMG MK3 COBRA FTW!!! TEH hoT

I wish the FF5 MK3 chasis could take 365s :nut:

I will never own another Porsche (911) again.

Is it fast - decently so (unless it's a GT3 or TT :D )
Does it handle well - yes
Does it look good - yes

So what's the problem? - for me it was 2 told - they're so common, anybody with 5cents to rub together has one, and it gets boring to drive after a few years - the thrill just rubs off.

For example, with a MK3 cobra (what I'm building :D ), 2000lbs, 600hp. Looks like sex on wheels. Can out-run an Enzo (except in turns :D ) and looks pimp doing it. What more can you ask for 60k?

The guy doesnt know what a choke is.

Has anybody ever had any dealing with ZR Auto (Actual $$$$ deals, not looking around) - I've been thinking about buying a 97ish Diablo, but a few people have told me I should avoid them and just take the extra trouble of going to BC and flatbedding it here.

Yea, asking a bunch of 19 year old guys these questions is where a real ly loaded guy would search for information.

They're assholes over there and at the BMW dealership at the auto mall - the guy at the BMW dealership wanted me to put down a 10K 'refundable' deposit to test drive a new M3 - WTFBBQ???

Anton
11-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I've been noticing his posts lately and I must say that I agree. People with that stature normally don't flaunt their wealth, assets.

You are either fake or stuck up.

nadroj23
11-15-2006, 11:19 AM
^^^ why do you read it then? i have no problem with tis guy. does he intimidate you cause he is richer then you? older then you? nice cars then you?

he has just as much right as you do to come on here and post this trash. this is a CAR FORUM.

the part about a choke...he is building the car right? from ground up? maybe its a project that he just started and doesnt know much about cars? hmmmmm MAYBE

fuck off with this trash about other members.

KEEP UP THE POST M.ALEX I WANNA HEAR PROGRESS ABOUT THE COBRA

benyl
11-15-2006, 11:20 AM
:drama:

I think you must have a hard on for him.

nadroj23
11-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Anton
I've been noticing his posts lately and I must say that I agree. People with that stature normally don't flaunt their wealth, assets.

You are either fake or stuck up.

lol wow who cares? people with that stature dont flaunt their wealth? ARE YOU KIDDING then whats the point in buying an exotic car? to drive no to show you have money. whats the point for a big house to show you have money.

ogpog
11-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by nadroj23
^^^ why do you read it then? i have no problem with tis guy. does he intimidate you cause he is richer then you? older then you? nice cars then you?

he has just as much right as you do to come on here and post this trash. this is a CAR FORUM.

the part about a choke...he is building the car right? from ground up? maybe its a project that he just started and doesnt know much about cars? hmmmmm MAYBE

He doesnt know if the turtle or the bunny on the throttle means fast. You might want to PM him with the answer to help with his build.

there's this lever that can go up or down (or mid-way through, etc...). At the top of it there's a bunny, at the bottom there's a turtle.....I guess that has something to do witht he throttle :confused:

Lo)2enz0
11-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by benyl

couldn't have been said any better

ogpog
11-15-2006, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

couldn't have been said any better

You think I wasnt ready for this garbage? Yea, you can go away now because you are absolutly right. All i want to do is suck his cock and bathe in his money. Good investigating guys!

writhen
11-15-2006, 11:26 AM
All I know is it took a lot of effort to try and inculcate dislike towards someone you don't even know. A lot of effort for a lot of nothing...

Let him do whatever he wants, its the internet for crying out loud.

Anton
11-15-2006, 11:27 AM

Don't get me wrong there, I don't mind hearing about his project or what not but he doesn't have to mention it in almost every post. He can make a thread about it.

For example, he made a thread about his house which I had no problem with and posted in it but when he mentioned selling it to a beyond member for an amount, I'm not sure if he was actually offering to sell it or just wanted to mention the value of it.

I'm not "trashing" him but the only posts that I saw from him mentioned one of his posessions whcih I didn't like and like him I have a right to speak my mind.

Lo)2enz0
11-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by ogpog

You think I wasnt ready for this garbage? Yea, you can go away now because you are absolutly right. All i want to do is suck his cock and bathe in his money. Good investigating guys!

dude, who gives a shit if he has all of this stuff. ignore this is you don't like it. but to pick and find a bunch of his posts and make a thread about it is usless. how about you start ranting on about other peoples car's?? some people are proud of what they have done and his house is a huge investment and i would be proud of it, but still i wouldn't post it but who cares. just don't respond to his posts and maybe he will stop. all your doing by creating a thread like this is giving him more attention

Anton
11-15-2006, 11:29 AM

lol wow who cares? people with that stature dont flaunt their wealth? ARE YOU KIDDING then whats the point in buying an exotic car? to drive no to show you have money. whats the point for a big house to show you have money.

I meant to add "on an internet forum".

EnRich
11-15-2006, 11:31 AM
M. alex what do you do for a living? Did you inherit all this cash, or make it yourself, how old are you? you really do flaunt your shit though, on the other hand, if any of us were in his situation, I bet you'd do it too. I'm sure hes just proud, maybe a little too proud ;). Or he could just be some teenager still living with his parents. I dunno.

marko polo
Originally posted by writhen
All I know is it took a lot of effort to try and inculcate dislike towards someone you don't even know. A lot of effort for a lot of nothing...

Let him do whatever he wants, its the internet for crying out loud.

:werd:

ogpog
Thanks to an anonymous Mod~

I guess 99atlantic and m.alex have a lot in common.

rage2
11-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Yea, asking a bunch of 19 year old guys these questions is where a really loaded guy would search for information.
Who says there's nobody here on beyond that can answer his questions? If you read the thread about him wanting a Diablo, all his questions were answered by people who have experience with lambos.

Just because you're 19 doesn't mean everyone else is. There's a lot of old timers here.

benyl
11-15-2006, 11:33 AM
new signature.

EnRich
11-15-2006, 11:34 AM
new signature.

lol Ben!

writhen
11-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Yay for another bitchfest :rolleyes: . This one was completely unnecessary too haha. Poor guy is gonna come on here and find all these people hating him :(

QuasarCav
11-15-2006, 11:37 AM

You have alot in common with him and your other 3-4 aliases.

Cruz
11-15-2006, 11:41 AM
new signature.

:rofl: Classic

Lo)2enz0
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM
so dude, i would like to welcome you to beyond

like i said who cares. he could be making everything up, it could be his parents. but there are people on here who say that they have this and that. but there is no point making a scene over it, its the internet...

tentacles
11-15-2006, 11:50 AM
http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/11/ford_cobra_mashup.jpg

writhen
11-15-2006, 11:53 AM
that thing is fucking UGLY.:barf:

l8braker
11-15-2006, 11:54 AM
^ My GOD! That thing is hideous! :rofl:

Hopefully he buys the Diablo SV and gives us all some rides :thumbsup:

ogpog
11-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by l8braker

Hopefully he buys the Diablo SV and gives us all some rides :thumbsup:

You might be peddling with your feet.

writhen
11-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Ahaha that was funny.:D

M.alex
11-15-2006, 12:15 PM
you hot, let's sex :drool:

Originally posted by EnRich
M. alex what do you do for a living? Did you inherit all this cash, or make it yourself, how old are you? you really do flaunt your shit though, on the other hand, if any of us were in his situation, I bet you'd do it too. I'm sure hes just proud, maybe a little too proud ;). Or he could just be some teenager still living with his parents. I dunno.

23, hedge fund manager

I never said I wasn't......but I guess it does take more than half a brain to figure it out :rolleyes:

Originally posted by frostyda9

:banghead: One ban wasn't enough [99atlantic]?

That was for questioning somebody's choices in modding their car (which, i admit, was kind of rude)...........not for expressing my distaste in internet cult followings. :thumbsdow

nadroj23
11-15-2006, 12:17 PM
^^ see this is the way you should be ogpog not giving a shit about what others say, whether its about you or not.

ogpog
11-15-2006, 12:28 PM
^^ see this is the way you should be ogpog not giving a shit about what others say, whether its about you or not.

The point is its annoying to see it in every thread.

FS: Season One and Two Star Trek DVD's

Just selling my collectors set of dvd's. $50 OBO.

How bout some Dvd's to go with my 335's!

:drool: :drool: :D . Those Star Trek Dvd's wont get you far when im building my MK3 COBRA Owow!. 900HP + :hitit: :hitit: Im building it right now!!
By the way, anyone know how to mix gasoline for a grass trimmer?

topmade
11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Shit who cares what he say's, it's his right and he's using it. All I can say is at 23 and being a hedge fund manager (if that's true) making that kind of money would be awesome. What's your secret? and how does someone get into that type of business? If I had those cars, house, money, etc, etc.... I would be even worse then him at flaunting it.

B17a
11-15-2006, 12:42 PM
What's the name of your fund?

M.alex
11-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by topmade
Shit who cares what he say's, it's his right and he's using it. All I can say is at 23 and being a hedge fund manager (if that's true) making that kind of money would be awesome. What's your secret? and how does someone get into that type of business? If I had those cars, house, money, etc, etc.... I would be even worse then him at flaunting it.

I get a laugh over people who get their panties in a wad over me :rofl:

Long story short - worked at a managed futures firm as a data donkey (typing stuff), learned the operations quickly (apparently I'm pretty smart, who knew), demonstrated my knowledge, was brought on full time, developed a bunch of models for energy based derivatives, company went bust after Refco and I was picked up by another whose portfolio structure was having trouble due to mutual fund timing allegations and fixed it up.

rc2002
11-15-2006, 12:47 PM
ogpog, Good post. I think 99% of beyond was thinking the same thing. One of my biggest pet peeves are people who flaunt their money. Some people just aren't as fortunate as others. People should have the common decency not to rub it in.

Mitsu3000gt
11-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
[B Hopefully he buys the Diablo SV and gives us all some rides :thumbsup: [/B]

Haha thats what I was thinking. Who cares what he says/does on the internet, I would just like a ride in the Diablo :thumbsup:

B17a
11-15-2006, 12:50 PM

Long story short - worked at a managed futures firm as a data donkey (typing stuff), learned the operations quickly (apparently I'm pretty smart, who knew), demonstrated my knowledge, was brought on full time, developed a bunch of models for energy based derivatives, company went bust after Refco and I was picked up by another whose portfolio structure was having trouble due to mutual fund timing allegations and fixed it up.

That's cool. As long as your name isn't Brian Hunter!:D

4doorj
11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
that house is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!:thumbsup:

topmade
11-15-2006, 12:52 PM

That's awesome, I'm giong to look into that a bit more as I want to get out of the IT industry. But Cheer's man, keep on posting what you have been and keep us posted on your MK3 cobra project.

M.alex
11-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by topmade

That's awesome, I'm giong to look into that a bit more as I want to get out of the IT industry. But Cheer's man, keep on posting what you have been and keep us posted on your MK3 cobra project.

If you're wanting out, unless you're working at a financial institution right now and have some hook-ups who can bring you in and train you, the best bet would be to look into getting a CFA - http://www.cfainstitute.org/

Unless you've got a way to get your foot in the door, it's generally your best bet.

Si_FlyGuy
11-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Jealous people suck. :drama:

bituerbo
11-15-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't know - it's not so much jealousy here - it's how you should act. 23 and a hedge fund manager. Does daddy own the bank?

I just don't have the respect for people that have everything handed to them. Buddy who worked his ass off stocking shelves to buy his first '93 civic worked his ASS off.

I mean malex could very well have earned his position rightfully and respectfully, however I just see his possessions as a glorified allowance at this point.

01RedDX
11-15-2006, 02:13 PM

ogpog
11-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
I don't know - it's not so much jealousy here - it's how you should act. 23 and a hedge fund manager. Does daddy own the bank?

I just don't have the respect for people that have everything handed to them. Buddy who worked his ass off stocking shelves to buy his first '93 civic worked his ASS off.

I mean malex could very well have earned his position rightfully and respectfully, however I just see his possessions as a glorified allowance at this point.
Exactly my point :)

Originally posted by 01RedDX

:werd:

Sure, jealousy is a bitch, but so are people who have a lot of money, but not a lot of class. I always say live and let live, but ogpog has a very good point, read malex's posts and you will get it.

:D

Xtrema
11-15-2006, 02:18 PM

People who usually act like M.Alex get there without any hardships. (i.e money come easy)

Nothing wrong with that. Just an observation.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
ogpog, Good post. I think 99% of beyond was thinking the same thing. One of my biggest pet peeves are people who flaunt their money. Some people just aren't as fortunate as others. People should have the common decency not to rub it in.

No kidding... Love to hear about the MK3, but seriously, an MK3 can't relate to everything here, and he uses it to do so. It is flaunting it, and not everyone is so fortunate... And I AM that guy who worked his ass off for his 92 Civic! I mean, congrats on enjoying your car, but seriously, make a single thread and don't bring it up everytime you speak.

BrknFngrs
11-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

No kidding... Love to hear about the MK3, but seriously, an MK3 can't relate to everything here, and he uses it to do so. It is flaunting it, and not everyone is so fortunate... And I AM that guy who worked his ass off for his 92 Civic! I mean, congrats on enjoying your car, but seriously, make a single thread and don't bring it up everytime you speak.

Wicked nice project car hes got goin by the sounds of it but its pretty much irrelvant in alot of the threads it shows up in....which makes me agree with the flaunting comments

bituerbo
11-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Value of a dollar? LOL what's that?

... MKIII COBRA!!!!

BrknFngrs
11-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Value of a dollar? LOL what's that?

... MKIII COBRA!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: exactly!

max_boost
11-15-2006, 02:45 PM
There's a point to be made on both sides here. We don't really know M.Alex since he's a newbie on the site.

nadroj23
11-15-2006, 02:49 PM
well to me people that flaunt their shit more then others are the ones that had to work hard for it, by i guess we all have different views and i could be wrong, daddy could have bought everything for him....but either way i still wanna see that cobra....

M.Alex can you make a pic trail thread if you can :) that will keep it in one spot and im sure lots of people would enjoy to see something like that....

JordanEG6
11-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

:werd: So what if your rich, it's best to keep it to yourself and not shove it in people's faces all the time.

Also, Beyond has rules, he was banned once before for breaking Rule #9, he might get banned again, because his posts are annoiying.

On the other hand, I'm quite interested in the Cobra he is building. He should make a thread about it instead of hi-jacking other threads blabbing off about it.

Anton
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
A lot of beyond members are well off but they don't go around stating how much money they have or what car they have in every thread.

m.alex, if you worked your way up then great for you but I don't believe that's true. If someone actually had to climb the ladder and start at the bottom they are much more humble. There is a difference between being proud of what you accomplished and gloating.

Also, since you're 99atlantis, you didn't have respect for other people's cars and their choice of styles/mods. If you struggled to get where you are, you would have more respect for the people that work hard everyday and take pride in their cars, spend all their money on them. Not everyone has the same opportunities as you.

Jealous people suck.

The topic is a pet peeve of mine, I worked hard to get where I am but I never gloat about what I accomplished to others. When others do it, it irritates me just like a lot of other members, nothing to do with jealousy.

M.alex
11-15-2006, 03:05 PM

I wish Daddy owned the bank :(

YTD I've returned a hair under 37%.....and I doubt that regardless of how powerful Daddy is, he doesn't own the US economy and order the stuff I buy to go up/down in value as needed :rofl:

Originally posted by max_boost
There's a point to be made on both sides here. We don't really know M.Alex since he's a newbie on the site.

actually, I was registered at the end of 05 on my other handle, and I posted quite frequently in 02/03/04 on that other alberta board ( i forget the name of it, I don't think it exists anymore) - I've met with MeMyStealthandI (I remember seeing him a few times on this board recently) a few years ago at Glenmore park (just for a meeting, none of that hanky panky that goes on in those bushes there :barf: ) , he'd probably remember me - kid with the G35, heh.

bituerbo
11-15-2006, 03:12 PM

I wish Daddy owned the bank :(

YTD I've returned a hair under 37%.....and I doubt that regardless of how powerful Daddy is, he doesn't own the US economy and order the stuff I buy to go up/down in value as needed :rofl:[/i]

It's not about him ensuring your continued profitability, it's about him getting you in the position that you are in which is a major contributing factor of your success. Basically - without daddy would you be where you are now?

01RedDX
11-15-2006, 03:21 PM

Orbie
11-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Don't worry ogpog, I'm sure a lot of people share your opinion and it's definitely a class issue. Sure some people do better than others in life but those people are split into two groups. The ones who care what other people think and want everyone to know what they have done, and the ones who could care less what other people think because they know what they have accomplished and don't need anything else to convince them of that.

There are many people on Beyond that have done well for themselves. You don't hear people like Rage bragging about all he's done to get where he is, although he definitely has all the opportunity. Judging by some of the quotes that were posted, this guy has gone out of his way to boast about his material possessions. Also seeing that he has been banned and still comes back to talk about this stuff makes me think he needs the attention.

If I remember correctly Benyl had a great signature with a saying that would address this very topic, but I can't remember what it was since he changed it!!

nadroj23
11-15-2006, 03:26 PM
^^ by making this thread isnt that giving him the attention? why just not answer back give him no attention and maybe he will stop.

but i still feel this thread is pointless whether you people agree with the OP or not this is pointless. i love how we have to go back to highschool and single one person out because he is/acts different then others. sorry but thats just how i feel about this thread. its the internet expect every type of person you can think of, and they will be there. i just dont understand why it bothers you guys so much....honestly other then your pet peeve why?

Lo)2enz0
11-15-2006, 03:28 PM
i don't know why you guys are doing this. who cares if his damn helped him get a good position. guess what my dad is doing the same for me when i graduate.

there is nothing wrong with this, if you have the opportunity who won't take it

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-15-2006, 03:30 PM
But you won't be coming on beyond and bragging about this car you have, and this house you have... oh and holy post whore batman (Dear god Laurier, and I thought I was bad!)

nadroj23
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
i don't know why you guys are doing this. who cares if his damn helped him get a good position. guess what my dad is doing the same for me when i graduate.

there is nothing wrong with this, if you have the opportunity who won't take it

i dont see either..............my parents have helped me out, does that make me a worse person then the next? im on the same page as you Lo)2enz0 i just dont understand.

nadroj23
11-15-2006, 03:40 PM

It's not about him ensuring your continued profitability, it's about him getting you in the position that you are in which is a major contributing factor of your success. Basically - without daddy would you be where you are now?

pretty sure without his dad he wouldnt be here. wow family helping family NO WAY i just cant see that happening cause you know family members never do anything for any other family member they are all about themselves.

M.Alex if you read this PM me i would love to have a talk and take a look at your cobra.....

M.alex
11-15-2006, 03:45 PM

yes/no - and I've never tried to portray anything else (e.g., look at me, I was born in the ghetto and worked my way up the ladder)

Would I get where I was today without him - absolutely not - HIs success opened a lot of doors to me which would be unavailable to most; however, once those doors were opened, it was up to me to make the most of them.

E.g., my very 1st job ever was at that futures investment firm when I was 19 or so - his contacts got me in the door as a general secretary type function (data entry) (normally you'd need a few years investment banking (or similar) experience or a CFA), but I made myself an analyst by proving myself valuable to them..,......if I just sat on my ass , if the firm hadn't gone bust, I'd still be a general entry-level data entry person.

:dunno:

FlySi
11-15-2006, 03:49 PM
so what fund is it that you manage again?

abyss
11-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

If I remember correctly Benyl had a great signature with a saying that would address this very topic, but I can't remember what it was since he changed it!!

Correct me if I'm wrong Benyl, but I believe it was "Humble people don't think less of themselves, they just think of themselves less."

Clever
11-15-2006, 03:51 PM
HERE IS A KISS FOR ALL YOU HATERZ!!!!!

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9233/gingerblowingakiss8hh.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rav4Guy
11-15-2006, 03:55 PM
You need to be a CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst for those who don't know) to be in data entry?

You definitely want to be "in the right place at the right time".

Supa Dexta
11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
fack that picture is gross....

:barf:

M.alex
11-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
You need to be a CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst for those who don't know) to be in data entry?

Lol, no, but most of these companies arn't looking to hire unless you're super impressive (after SRT went bust after Refco, I tried to shop around Calgary for another futures firm, but it was very hard to get anywhere) - sometimes you have to start at the bottom just to get the foot in the door. Heck, one of my friends has his CFA and MBA and right now he's making, I believe, 35k/yr as just a junior futures analyst - poor timing for him + (at least last time i looked, which was last October, heh) there isn't (wasn't) a huge demand in Calgary right now unless you know somebody.

Lex350
11-15-2006, 04:05 PM
Having a great deal of money does not mean you have a great deal of character. This guy is quite full of himself. When I was in Mexico last year I met the grandson who is the heir to the Scott Empire (paper goods - sporting doods etc...) The guy is very young but very down to eartin character. He didn't brag about his wealth and only offered up the info in conversation. Something that M.alex can't comprehend.

But maybe he places his value in how much money he has...to each their own.

Rockski
11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
i just wanna get in here before it gets closed

abyss
11-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
Having a great deal of money does not mean you have a great deal of character. This guy is quite full of himself. When I was in Mexico last year I met the grandson who is the heir to the Scott Empire (paper goods - sporting doods etc...) The guy is very young but very down to eartin character. He didn't brag about his wealth and only offered up the info in conversation. Something that M.alex can't comprehend.

Proof that money can't buy class.

M.alex
11-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

Ask him if I can have some of his money :drool:

Money aside, I'm cocky because I have to be - I'm heavily involved in corproate governance (mostly hostile take-overs and liquidations) - it's an uphill battle on every side - less than a 50% success rate in the industry, so you have to be cocky to convince investors you can do it, and even more cocky to have the balls to confront management and basically say 'Yea, hi, we're planning on taking control of your commpany and liquidating it :) '.

Go talk to other dissident activists like Goldstein (who mentored me a bit) and you probably won't want to be in the same room as him We're cocky because we have to be to live these lives (not that I didn't always have a big ego, this just swlled it up a bnit :D )

benyl
11-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by abyss

Correct me if I'm wrong Benyl, but I believe it was "Humble people don't think less of themselves, they just think of themselves less."

ok... fixed... haha

Si_FlyGuy
11-15-2006, 04:13 PM
It wouldn't bother you as much if you took his comments with a grain of salt. However, by starting this thread, you've inadvertently brought more attention to how rich he is. :nut:

vadeit
11-15-2006, 04:20 PM
M.alex, it has been asked before but you haven't answered yet, what is then name of the fund you manage. I am considering moving some of my money around and if you are making 37% returns on the funds then I would like some more info on your fund. I.e. name of it, what it is into, how aggressive it is, etc.

rage2
11-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Orbie
There are many people on Beyond that have done well for themselves. You don't hear people like Rage bragging about all he's done to get where he is, although he definitely has all the opportunity.
You must not have known me during the albertacars.net days lol.

When you're young, and have a lot of disposable income, you tend to do stupid shit. And brag about it. I went through that phase too, so I have no right judging someone for doing something that I did myself.

Lex350
11-15-2006, 04:26 PM

Ask him if I can have some of his money :drool:

Money aside, I'm cocky because I have to be - I'm heavily involved in corproate governance (mostly hostile take-overs and liquidations) - it's an uphill battle on every side - less than a 50% success rate in the industry, so you have to be cocky to convince investors you can do it, and even more cocky to have the balls to confront management and basically say 'Yea, hi, we're planning on taking control of your commpany and liquidating it :) '.

Go talk to other dissident activists like Goldstein (who mentored me a bit) and you probably won't want to be in the same room as him We're cocky because we have to be to live these lives (not that I didn't always have a big ego, this just swlled it up a bnit :D )

being cocky in business has nothing to do with being cocky all the time. You business is not unlike many others in that how you portrait yourself goes a long way in sealing a deal. But it's how you handle yourself outside of that situation that defines you.

Let your accomplishments do the talking instead of your mouth (or keyboard)

I'm curious as to why you feel the need to post what you do. Are you looking for some validation? Is it a way of convincing yourself that you arrived?...or maybe you just like to blow your own horn. Either way, it shows immaturity.

Supa Dexta
11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2
When you're young, and have a lot of disposable income, you tend to do stupid shit. And brag about it.

Like that kid that just got that sweet new beamer..!

7thgenvic
11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
I find it hard to believe that any intelligent corporation would hire a uneducated individual in a financial position with no past education. I know there are certain individuals who say you don’t need post-secondary….what is the name of this fund?

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not coming on here to be jealous. I have a driveway full of goodies, but I think its funny that a 23 year old comes onto a local forum to brag about all the shit he has…… And makes all these claims. GIVE ME A BREAK.

And posting the CFA link. UMMMM do you understand that you can’t get your CFA level 1 without a post-secondary degree?

USED1
11-15-2006, 04:30 PM
At the end of the day it is the internet and people can be whatever they want behind a keyboard. BTW I'm an airforce fighter pilot that is a majority owner of a major corporation but I can't disclose which one.

:rofl: :rofl:

E36M3
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
To be fair, you were a cocky ass way before you had any money.

You must not have known me during the albertacars.net days lol.

When you're young, and have a lot of disposable income, you tend to do stupid shit. And brag about it. I went through that phase too, so I have no right judging someone for doing something that I did myself.

7thgenvic
11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
did i mention im the CFO of talisman with my Level 4 CFA,,,o ya i didn't graduate highschool

B17a
11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Not that I'm approving of being cocky but his type, I know them, the hedge fund/trader guys are often the cockiest in the industry, not too far ahead of I-bankers so it is understandable why he is the way he is.

bituerbo
11-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by USED1
At the end of the day it is the internet and people can be whatever they want behind a keyboard. BTW I'm an airforce fighter pilot that is a majority owner of a major corporation but I can't disclose which one.

:rofl: :rofl:

Tom is that you? It's George from that other HUGE non-disclosed company name. We met at the billionaires club meeting, remember? How's your private island doing? Still waiting on approval for the personal 12km bridge? It'll really cut down on the travel time what with warming up the chopper.

Let's get together and burn another pile of money sometime this week!

B17a
11-15-2006, 04:35 PM

Tom is that you? It's George from that other HUGE non-disclosed company name. We met at the billionaires club meeting, remember? How's your private island doing? Still waiting on approval for the personal 12km bridge? It'll really cut down on the travel time what with warming up the chopper.

Let's get together and burn another pile of money sometime this week!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's gold!!!:rofl:

rage2
11-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
To be fair, you were a cocky ass way before you had any money.
:rofl:

msommers
11-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Out of all the rich people I know, its those people who never talk about money. The ones who do OK are the ones gloating that their cheque was high, well compared to what they've made before, it just makes you laugh.

I can totally see where people are coming from on both sides. However, m.alex, I think you need to realize the difference between all these words: class, cocky, gloating and confident.

About the MK3 cobra, excellent choice to build a car yourself, second good choice to go with the cobra. Make one thread about it, and keep updating rather than letting EVERYONE know, some people don't care about older mustangs, others love it. You'll get the mustang friends together and all will be well and no thread like this will have to be made.

Unless you're a prodigy child, being 23 and making millions is hard to believe. If your father has helped you out to get where you are, who cares, you're self sufficient now and no one is looking after you still (I would assume). There is no shame in people helping you. Not everyone gets that chance and are usually jealous and feel you don't deserve it, basically, if I don't get it, why should you. Well that's a fact of life people will have to deal with. It's the same as why some parents refuse to pay for post-secondary while others are more than happy to do it. I know I've definitely had discussions with my parents about what they should have to pay for:D Some feel because they suffered, so should you. While others have suffered and don't want you go to through the same shit.

But to cap this lovely post off, I'll quote a very respectable billionaire

"a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing." -Warren Buffett

lint
11-15-2006, 04:47 PM

When I knew you waaaaaaaaaay back when, I don't remember you being all that cocky. Course I don't remember much from back then either.

heh

benyl
11-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Sure a lot of talk about cock and ass in this thread...

abyss
11-15-2006, 04:55 PM

Lo)2enz0
11-15-2006, 04:56 PM

LOL, dude prime post

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
oh and holy post whore batman (Dear god Laurier, and I thought I was bad!)

thats what happens when you work in the middle of a mall and all you have is sweet beyond:thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
At the end of the day no one knows who he is, what he does, or what he owns.. perhaps it's all real, perhaps he's trying to get that lawn tractor going because thats all his father will let him drive, maybe he'll use it to plow the driveway this winter for his allowance, who knows..

EK 2.0
11-15-2006, 05:10 PM
holy cow what happened here??

7thgenvic
11-15-2006, 05:10 PM
computers are a good device for lies...oo ya same with the internet....I tell those Damn MBA students and their smart ass replies...

5hift
11-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Its pretty gay that theres a 3 page thread about whether a Beyond member is fake or real, but on some forums, they have threads just where people can call others on on this kinda stuff.

For me personally though, if I was already in the millions, theres a ton of other things I'd be doing besides posting pics of my house and talking about some mustang im building non stop on a internet forum. Usually guys in this kind of industry and making that kind of cash are so wrapped up in their work and spending that dough, that they dont have time to waste showing off to a bunch of kids on a car forum.

M.alex why dont you just come down to a couple of meets with your g35 and your 911. Maybe if people knew you (or saw your cars) they'd read your posts and actually believe some of what you type.

Either way though, your either fake or desparate for attention.

Lex350
11-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
Its pretty gay that theres a 3 page thread about whether a Beyond member is fake or real, but on some forums, they have threads just where people can call others on on this kinda stuff.

what else am I going to do to avoid working?:D

ICEBERG
11-15-2006, 05:15 PM
This thread should be :closed:

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

benyl
11-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
Usually guys in this kind of industry and making that kind of cash are so wrapped up in their work and spending that dough, that they dont have time to waste showing off to a bunch of kids on a car forum.

I would agree, but there are a number of people on Beyond, heck even in this thread, that make serious coin.

Go to any BMW, Audi, Porsche, MB forum and there will be plenty of the rich guys you talk about arguing with kids that want to own the same kinds of cars. They show off their shit and gloat about this and that.

eb0i
11-15-2006, 05:42 PM

This thread was becoming boring until this post:thumbsup: :rofl:

7thgenvic
11-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I can't believe im wasting my time with this damn report for my MGIS class when i could be day trading and playing with my hegdge fund...im bored. time to take the Jag for a spin around the block