PDA

View Full Version : A whole lota trouble

dazzdillinger
11-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Off topic but an important and informative thread.

I have a 21 year old brother. In january of this year, he bought a civic with the intent of fixing and driving after he gets his liscence.
Incredibly stupid of him, he took the car out for a spin and got stopped by the cops. The car had no insurance, no title, no plates, and he had only a g1 liscence. (Requires an acompanying driver for learning purposes only) He has been scheduled for a trial in april of next year with the follwing violations.

Driving a car without a liscence.
driving a car without an accompanying driver.
Driving a car without insurance
and two others. Speeding i think.

5 convinctions in total. Last month he got his g2 liscence and he is driving legally now; I guess because he has not been convicted in court yet. He pays $240 a month single coverage .
My question is this, because this incident occured with him only having a g1 liscence, and no driving record, will this incident affect his insurance rate now that he has a liscence to drive?

Secondly, should he be convicted, how long will it take before this incident stops affecting his insurance rate.

Finally if he was to move from Ontario to Calgary, will insurance companies in Calgary still charge him premium rates?

88CRX
11-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Yea, his insurance rate are gonna be fucked.... and rightfully so, what was he thinking?

topmade
11-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah his insurance won't go up until it's on his record. Although those charges are pretty cut and clear, I would suggest getting a laywer

Mitsu3000gt
11-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Talk to Points or someone like that, definately go to court to get it lowered as much as possible. It was a retarded move though, anything he gets he deserves IMO.

Weapon_R
11-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Invest in a lawyer for this matter. You can expect his insurance rate to at least double, maybe triple as a result of those charges.

CRX-R
11-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure your insurance does not go up if you get caught driving without insurance, well it didn't for me 8 years ago anyway (got pulled over on a side street driving a "parked for the winter" car on a nice day). Speeding ticket will increase insurance, driving without a license may not do anything either as it's not a moving violation. Seek PROFESSIONAL advice, even that of an insurance company (not the one you deal with). If you move from Ontario to Alberta your record follows you though, that I do know.

marko polo
11-16-2006, 12:36 PM
im not sure how it works in ontario but if g2 means he is still gdl than he could possibly lose his license depending on how many demerits he will get, but its hard to determine as we dont know what the other 2 tickets are for.

M.alex
11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R
I'm pretty sure your insurance does not go up if you get caught driving without insurance, well it didn't for me 8 years ago anyway (got pulled over on a side street driving a "parked for the winter" car on a nice day). Speeding ticket will increase insurance, driving without a license may not do anything either as it's not a moving violation. Seek PROFESSIONAL advice, even that of an insurance company (not the one you deal with). If you move from Ontario to Alberta your record follows you though, that I do know.

Sounds like you had a bit of luck on your side that day; usually they end up towing and reaming you and basically you're forced into the high risk insurance category - i believe one of the few suppliers for it is something like Kingston/Kensington/something that begins with a 'K'

Tik-Tok
11-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R
I'm pretty sure your insurance does not go up ...you though, that I do know.

Nice tits...

Back to topic, you really have to talk to a pro about this, but his rates won't get affected until he renews AFTER his conviction... and then it will probably take 6 years for these to disappear.

Teggy
11-16-2006, 01:57 PM
had a cousin do the samething last summer, they let him off with a few violation tickets because he was only 14, but your bro is 21 so ummmm he's screwed up the ass. As far as insurance goes, i don't think it will affect him at all because he wasn't a registered driver with someone like an insurance company covering his ass. Anyways, cheers to the retatrds in our families:thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
11-16-2006, 02:05 PM
lol agree'd. its one thing for a 14 year old to go for a joy ride but when your 21 and your dumb enough to do this you know they aren't going to just give you a slap on the wrist, they are going to teach him a lesson. get a lawyer asap.

kdwebber
11-16-2006, 02:24 PM
I remember when I was in court fighting a speeding ticket I saw a case of a young guy, prolly 17-20 years old who had been caught driving with no insurance. He got lucky and they imposed the minimum sentence on him, but that was a $2800 fine. He might have got his license suspended as well but that I can't remember. Either way the insurance ticktet alone is gonna break the bank thats for sure.

Annoyingrob
11-17-2006, 11:23 AM
No offence or anything, but I think your brother is an idiot, and deserves the premiums. I mean, it's one thing to drive without a licence, but to drive without a licence, insurance, registration, while speeding, that's just silly. Maybe he'll be a little more cautious about his driving after this incident.

Just out of curiosity, but why is he 21, and still only has a G1? I had a G2 by the time I was 17.

dazzdillinger
11-17-2006, 01:04 PM
yeah, cheers to the retards in our family for sure. :thumbsup:

Last weekend, he got his ass wooped by a black biatch too.

note to self - Don't ever call a girl "hoe" while drunk.;) :)

codepoet101
11-17-2006, 01:22 PM
up from 240 on a civic, damn im 19 and my insurance is only 128 on my turbo talon