PDA

View Full Version : I know I shouldn't be posting this...

LUDELVR
05-07-2003, 11:40 PM
But one was kinda wierd and the other was just dumb.

second race, I drive by some talon in the N.E. and I look over and he's on the phone, so I continue to drive. It had the turbo logo so I was interested but he seemed busy so I ignored it. Next thing you know, I see him in my rear view from about 7 or so car lengths drastically picking up speed. I'm like, what the fuck, he's gonna pull a fly by!! As he flys by, he's a few car lengths in front of me, and surely enough, I pass him. At the light, he makes a right turn and tells me to roll down my window and then he says, he was just messing around and he has nothing done to his car. Then he complimented my car and just drove off.

First race I didn't even know what the hell was going on. I'm at a red light on mcknight and I see in my rear view some taurus pulling up to me very slowly but there is no one in the lane next to me and he's about 2 cars back. As the light turns green, I hear this deep growl and I see the taurus start to fly by and I look down and see an SHO emgraved on the bumper, so I'm like sweet and then start to gun it. Soon enough, I'm a car length ahead of him, then 3, then 4 then 7 then I decided to shut it down. I slow down and he drives by me and has this big grin and gives me the thumbsup.

To my surprise, it's some old dude that looks about 50!! hahaha, I smile and wonder since when geriatrics are aloud to drive!! haha, anyway, I thought those SHO's were faster than that. I've never raced one but some guy used to brag about how fast it was blah blah blah. I'm not really impressed.:dunno:

To all those concerned about the road, the roads weren't too bad and the snow had stopped up hear. Just a few puddles so it wasn't bad at all.

04blackMAX
05-07-2003, 11:42 PM
is your life a video game???mine is, but not a car game, more like leisure suit LARRY!!!

max_boost
05-08-2003, 01:51 AM
No one is interested in the races anymore......but rather interested in dyno and 1/4 mile numbers

04blackMAX
05-08-2003, 01:57 AM
iam sure some people are intrested in races!!...cause i know i could give a shit about dynoing my car and quater mile time..

max_boost
05-08-2003, 02:07 AM
LOL
Every race he has posted, he has won!!!!

So maybe not the 1/4mile because so many factors go into running a real good time. But if he dynos the car + curb weight we can do some real good bench racing!!!

buh_buh
05-08-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by vsmSIR
iam sure some people are intrested in races!!...cause i know i could give a shit about dynoing my car and quater mile time.. well I am sure some people are interested in dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times. Cause I know some people could give a shit about street races.

04blackMAX
05-08-2003, 02:21 AM
i dont have a fast car, :( hahahah thats why i dotn care hahaha

Ashkente
05-08-2003, 03:49 AM
We should dyno my car..then everyone will feel fast :rolleyes:
I probably put down about 63HP, so I wouldn't be complainin'...

Cueman
05-08-2003, 08:02 AM
TE72!! hehe...

T for torque! T for tractor! I used to own one of those cars.

63hp maybe... but 126lbft. ;)

Initial-D-Nerd
05-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

First race I didn't even know what the hell was going on. I'm at a red light on mcknight and I see in my rear view some taurus pulling up to me very slowly but there is no one in the lane next to me and he's about 2 cars back. As the light turns green, I hear this deep growl and I see the taurus start to fly by and I look down and see an SHO emgraved on the bumper, so I'm like sweet and then start to gun it. Soon enough, I'm a car length ahead of him, then 3, then 4 then 7 then I decided to shut it down. I slow down and he drives by me and has this big grin and gives me the thumbsup.

To my surprise, it's some old dude that looks about 50!!

Was this SHO silver with Dual Exhaust??

Ben
05-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Leo, I have some dyno time next week, come dyno your car bro.

CRXguy
05-08-2003, 06:19 PM
aloud

For a guy that majored in English, you sure suck at spelling. :rofl:

Originally posted by Initial-D-Nerd

Was this SHO silver with Dual Exhaust??

Ummmm...... didn't they all come with dual exhausts in stock form?

Seanith
05-08-2003, 06:28 PM
i thought SHOs only came in white? (championship white? :D )
not too sure though.. :confused:

4wheeldrift
05-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Leo, I have some dyno time next week, come dyno your car bro. When? I'd like to get the 'stang dynoed.

ConVict
05-08-2003, 06:47 PM
SHO's are fast for a taurus, but dont get that confused with fast. Two different things. My first race in my probe was against a old school SHO. I put a good 10 car lengths on it on deerfoot.
But arnt the bran new SHO's V8's ? I know the old ones are V6's?!?!

Good kills non the less. When the probe is out im hunting for you leo :tongue:

LUDELVR
05-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

For a guy that majored in English, you sure suck at spelling. :rofl:

Aloud vs. allowed...it's not wrong spelling, it's wrong word choice!! haha

emgraved

that's poor spelling!! hahaha but then again, I said I have a degree in it...I never said I was any good at it! :dunno: :rofl:

4wheeldrift
05-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
SHO's are fast for a taurus, but dont get that confused with fast. Two different things. My first race in my probe was against a old school SHO. I put a good 10 car lengths on it on deerfoot.
But arnt the bran new SHO's V8's ? I know the old ones are V6's?!?!

Good kills non the less. When the probe is out im hunting for you leo :tongue: The older ones are yamaha tuned V6s. Newer ones are V8s, but I'm not sure who did the work on them.