PDA

View Full Version : life in the fast lane

fast&dangr
11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
We need to do like England and ban tractor trailers from using the left lane on all highways. I know I'm not the only one who gets peeved by the braindead trucker trash that nearly sideswipe people to get into the left lane only to dicker along on Deerfoot doing 90, spraying rocks and shit everywhere and absolutely refuse to get the eff out of the way.

tictactoe2004
11-17-2006, 07:39 PM
i just hate when i get stuck behind a mini van going 97 in the left lane on deerfoot..

scat19
11-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Here we go again.. another vent thread

SilverBoost
11-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Vent it out because keeping shit inside isn't good for ya. :)

I won't comment on the "fast lane" thing. I've wasted enough time venting on that. Besides, people get all upset and butt-hurt about it because they take the internet too seriously. :nut:

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-18-2006, 02:09 AM
The fast lane is for fast people... I just LOVE trailing the mom's in the suby wagons going 95... Then I can't get out from behind her because everyone behind me is switching lanes... No doesn't bother me at all. :thumbsdow

Hakkola
11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
:D Living in europe is so nice, the left lane is only occupied by fast moving vehicles overtaking slower vehicles, then promptly moving into the right lane for even faster moving vehicles.

When I come back to Calgary I'm going to lose my hair.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Well I'll just come out there and visit... sounds nice... Knowing me, I'd be at red line 5th gear every chance.... :thumbsup:

My car would be done in about a month lol

Tik-Tok
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
:D Living in europe is so nice, the left lane is only occupied by fast moving vehicles overtaking slower vehicles, then promptly moving into the right lane for even faster moving vehicles.

When I come back to Calgary I'm going to lose my hair.

On the highway, this is SUPPOSED to be true as well, I do it anyways. On deerfoot, I stick to the left lane and usually do 120, if I see headlights coming at me real fast in my mirror, and there's room to do it, I move over for them.

I think they need to change the speed limit on deerfoot, Left lane 120, middle 110, right/merging lane 100. It's pretty much how it works anyways.

khtm
11-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Seriously, semi drivers are some of the best drivers out there.

Why not rant about a vehicle type that actually has typical doucebag drivers...like say an SUV or a F-350?

Tik-Tok
11-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by khtm
Seriously, semi drivers are some of the best drivers out there.

Ever hear of Delta Driving School? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cword
11-21-2006, 11:43 AM
I spent part of my summer driving a truck in Germany and Austria.

Trucks over there are governed at 85 kmh, it's supposed to be 80, but everyone gets 5 kmh grace.

My most memorable moment was just outside Linz, Austria when two cars traveling about 160kmh both tried to take the same lane to pass the truck behind me. The debri cloud was twice the height of the semi behind me. Killed a family of four on vacation.

The truck traffic is pretty well regulated, but closing speeds on the highways over there are unreal and contribute to making minor errors grave.

khtm
11-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

No. But I really wish I could join in your :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

USED1
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I totally agree with this rant. I fuckn' hate when semi drivers are in the left lane. It's fine that they are there, but they never go back into the middle lane and they hold up the fast traffic. :banghead: :banghead:

Tik-Tok
11-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by khtm

No. But I really wish I could join in your :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

Truck driving school in Calgary that was busted last year for selling Class 1 licences without any training involved.

Tik-Tok
11-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by USED1
I totally agree with this rant. I fuckn' hate when semi drivers are in the left lane. It's fine that they are there, but they never go back into the middle lane and they hold up the fast traffic. :banghead: :banghead:

It's also fun when they get in the left lane to pass another semi, except it takes them 5 minutes to do so.

dericer
11-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Haha. Exactly.

I don't want to know how many tools on the road bought their license through them?

SilverBoost
11-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Funny Semi-in-the-fastlane story:

My neighbour and I were chatting about this one day, and he said he got behind a Semi on the deefoot/#2 and this guy just wasn't passing anyone and he wasn't moving over. He was driving abuot 15 kph under the limit and well, a long line of traffic was starting to pile up.

Anyhow, my friend notices that there's one of those "Hows my driving" tags on teh back of this truck. So after a while he grabs his cell phone and calls this number.

So the phone dials, and some guy picks up on the other end.

My friend says, "Yeah I'm behind one of your trucks on the deerfoot and he's not passing and he's not moving over"

The person on the other end of the phone says, "Actually, I'm the guy driving that truck, and I can't get over because people keep cutting into the middle lane before I get a chance to get over."

My frend, "Well, there's a huge lineup of cars back here"

Anyway, the guy finally is able to catch a break and get back over, but I thought it was pretty funny that it was like a one man business and the "Hows My Driving" number was his personal cell phone number. Too bad not everyone had one of those. I heard this comedian do a bit once where part of it was, "Wouldn't it be cool if your plate number was your cell number?" It'd certainly make things interesting that's for sure.

:D :D

ninjak84
11-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Haha!

^^ Funny story, and funny joke :D

Graham_A_M
11-22-2006, 11:08 PM
^ LOL Shouldn't that truck driver speed up a tad so he could properly merge into the middle lane?:nut: