PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP Shell V-Power Gas at Monterey Shell!

BlueFrenzy
11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey guys

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but today I was running on empty and needed to gas up BAD. So drove to the local Shell here in Monterey Park (32Ave and 68St NE).

I usually fill with the V-Power anyways but much to my surprise it was 78.9cents/L!!! At first I thought it was a machine error and wanted to get out of there before anybody found out. Then the guy next to me says "WTF! Is this for real?" Apparently the underground pumps for the Bronze and Silver are down (or something like that), so the only gas available is VPower. Gas up quick before they fix the pumps.

For about 51Liters, I paid about 40bones. Score.

Canmorite
11-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Oil has been dropping like a stone the past couple days. Probably something to do with.

Yay for $45 a barrel oil :clap:

M.alex
11-17-2006, 09:14 PM
there's a 7-11 on the fringe of Shawnessy that sells regular for 74.4 (then something like 78 and 81 for the rest I believe).

barbarian
11-17-2006, 11:08 PM
"In the event of a discrepancy between this register and the cashier's register, this register shall be taken as correct"

That notice is on every gas pump. I believe that makes you in the clear for any price errors.

turab16
11-17-2006, 11:19 PM
i get mid grade at that price (78.9c) that is ......... at tsu tina....

M.alex
11-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by turab16
i get mid grade at that price (78.9c) that is ......... at tsu tina....

I'd be scared to buy out there.......god knows what they put in their gas out there.

However, they do have an okay golf course - buffallo run. Havn't been there in 5 or 6yrs, but back when it was first starting you could get on for $5

.........plus it ruled when me and my dad got to play with the chief's son - Randy - haha, the reservation police would always drive on the course to come pick him up, lol.