PDA

View Full Version : need advice on cars

R!zz0
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
I am confused. I am looking for a car and can't debate on which one. 2007 civic ex or 2001 BMW 330ci with 98k on it. What do you guys think would be a better buy and why?

the civic will cost $30 thousand and BMW will be around $24 thousand.

Thanks.

kylemitz
11-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Well. In my oppinion...

going with the honda, its new, so the value is gonna depreciate like crazy. and its a honda btw.

The bmw is a sweet ride, but costly to repair. The value will still say fairly the same.

I would personally go with another car, but out of these two, i would go for the bmw. But thats just my 2 cents.

Good luck buying!

pinoyhero
11-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Couldn't agree more with the poster above, git yerself a nice ride, and save the extra dough for repairs incase you ever need it. In 3 years and when you're ready to upgrade yuou wont be sorry ayou didn't get the Honda which will depreciate an insane amount vs the bimmer.

BlueFrenzy
11-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I think it boils down to what you plan to do in a few years. If you think that you'll keep the car you buy until it blows up, then go with the Honda as they are reliable, you know exactly what it's vehicle history is, and it's "younger". The BMW does have a lot of mileage on it already and if you plan to keep it for a long long time ... my guess is that it won't outlast the Honda (being 6 years older)

If however, you plan to switch cars in a couple of years, then I would go with the BMW (the depreciation thing as kylemitz and pinoyhero mentioned).

bituerbo
11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Bimmer hands down. It will be a joy to to drive, and won't depreciate 6 grand once you drive it off the lot.

brandon
11-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
I am confused. I am looking for a car and can't debate on which one. 2007 civic ex or 2001 BMW 330ci with 98k on it. What do you guys think would be a better buy and why?

the civic will cost $30 thousand and BMW will be around $24 thousand.

Thanks.

Where the hell are you paying 30grand for a Civic EX....

the coupe fully loaded dealer priced is about 24500.

The civic has 5 year warranty on it... better to drive then the 330 (IMO) and has way more safety features and a better stereo.

ogpog
11-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by brandon

Where the hell are you paying 30grand for a Civic EX....

the coupe fully loaded dealer priced is about 24500.

The civic has 5 year warranty on it... better to drive then the 330 (IMO) and has way more safety features and a better stereo.

Agreed.

SilverBoost
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM
A 7 year old car is a 7 year old car, no matter how you slice it.

rc2002
11-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
A 7 year old car is a 7 year old car, no matter how you slice it.

^This guy is smart. The E46 body styles are going to start looking dated soon. Plus, it's a completely different ball game having a brand new car versus one that's coming up on 7 years.

The BMW warranty will be up soon if there's any remaining. A couple of big services on the BMW could very well equal the depreciation on the Civic.

You might want to check out a few more cars first. There's lots of cars in between the two that you're looking at.

lilmira
11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
I thought the Si is under 32k after tax and everything. 30k for an EX? You can get an Si in the states for probably under 30k though you lose your warranty in Canada.

topmade
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Go with the civic. BMW is nice, but it's a used car and costs more to fix. Not saying that you'll have to fix it, but just in general the repairs are going to be more expensive if needed. Civic is new with warranty and IMO they are great cars. Have had mine for 12 years now and I've beat it pretty good and it's still going strong. Only thing bad about honda's are the rust.

Dayclone
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
I have a bimmer and it's nice and all but I will regret getting it the day that something happens to it.

Steve

Canmorite
11-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Civic...BMW? Civic...BMW? :dunno:

I'd take the 330ci in a heartbeat.

Tai-Lun
11-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Riz.... Civic... do it, its gonna last so much longer and you know it. Lots of cars look good until they break something and cost a arm and leg to fix or wait for parts.

CivicTunr
11-20-2006, 08:52 PM
go civic si, for 32k, 200hp. nice looking too.

max_boost
11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
It just depends sometimes......on the condition of the car, options available i.e. sport/premium, its history in terms of previous owners, accidents and maintenance. It just depends.

The 330 is a sweet car. Fun to drive, very comfortable, gets lots of nice looks, drop it and slap on some wheels and it'll look a million times nicer than any Civic.

With all that said, post warranty period, bring it into the dealer, $110/hour shop rate, you can do the math.

So, I'll take the Civic :D