PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your pants hemmed downtown?

DowntownCowboy
11-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I usually go to Mirabella's in Energy Plaza, but they charge $10 a hem, $20 for original.

The Vietnamese lady there does a good job, but I have 3 pants I bought on vacation to hem and was hoping someone here has a good recommendation?

JWL
11-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh I know the lady that owns that place. She does a good job, and that is the going rate nowadays.

I guess you can go to chinatown. There is a place or two in the Dragon City Mall, but I'm not too sure how much they charge. I guess another option is that I can do them for you. PM me if you want more details.

Speed_69
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JWL

I guess you can go to chinatown. There is a place or two in the Dragon City Mall, but I'm not too sure how much they charge. I guess another option is that I can do them for you. PM me if you want more details.
I always go to the one upstairs of Dragon City Mall to get my jeans/pants hemmed. It's called Bernice's. She's on vacation right now till the end of December so it's only open on weekends right now with two other ladies working there. They only charge $5 for hemming.

DowntownCowboy
11-20-2006, 11:48 AM
$5 for original hem? and they do a good job?

jacelin
11-21-2006, 11:10 AM
theres a place downstairs of that mall where try again is located. I 6-7 bucks for an original hem.

soupey
11-21-2006, 11:12 AM
shit ive gotten so lazy with getting things hemmed...

its all about the iron on adhesives to fold up the bottom of my pants and hold it there for good..haha

teggypimp95
11-21-2006, 11:14 AM
I have a lady who comes to my house, measures my pants there, she then takes them to her store, drops them off a few days later all done for 5 bucks. she does a good job and its free to fix if they fall out later.

DowntownCowboy
11-21-2006, 04:14 PM
How does she make money?? How many pants do you got?! haha...

Pass me on her contact if she needs the business, it doesn't get any more convenient than that.

tylere
11-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
I have a lady who comes to my house, measures my pants there, she then takes them to her store, drops them off a few days later all done for 5 bucks. she does a good job and its free to fix if they fall out later.

Can you PM me her info? I gots a bunch of pants I need hemmed.

Supa Dexta
11-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by DowntownCowboy
How does she make money??

simple, you pay 5$ for the hem, you then tip 10-20bux and next time you put on your pants, theres a little gift (bag) in the pocket.. maybe I'm onto something here

:rofl:

Spatz
11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
dont go to holt renfrew they screwed up on my last pair of jeans

Gondi Stylez
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
either i get my aunt to do them for me and if not then ill take it to moores... its like 7-8 bux and they do a good job plus its overnight if u ask...and any messups they fix it!

Speed_69
11-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
either i get my aunt to do them for me and if not then ill take it to moores... its like 7-8 bux and they do a good job plus its overnight if u ask...and any messups they fix it!
Overnight is nothing, the one i go to in Dragon City Mall as i stated above, done in 30min if you want, sometimes 1hr and again, only $5. As for fixing messups? i dunno, she's never messed any of my pants up.

saiyajin
11-22-2006, 07:17 PM
^^^ is this for Original hems or just regular???

Mixalot27
11-22-2006, 10:45 PM
This might be a stupid question but what is the difference between original and regular hem?

For hemming I go to a place on acadia drive, near southcenter mall and governers pub. They charge only $5. Not sure if thats for original or regular as I don't know the difference.

Impreza
11-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Original or Euro Hem keep the original bottom of the jeans whereas the regular hem just cuts ur jeans shorter and sews them up.

Original >>> Regular

I'm lucky though, I never have to hem my jeans! :D

infected
11-23-2006, 01:03 AM
How much are you guys hemming? I'm to lazy to get my jeans hemmed so usually I just flip them out about an inch.

DowntownCowboy
01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I went to Bernice's and a hem is $5, original hem is $12 (not $5 like originally posted). She does an OK job, 1 day turnaround. I told her to do an original on one of my pants but she forgot and did a normal hem. It didn't matter much so I didn't argue.

Weird hours, closed Tuesdays, 2-6pm on weekdays, 11-6 on weekends.