PDA

View Full Version : Why is this Porsche so special?

Redlyne_mr2
05-08-2003, 06:58 PM
http://media.canadatrader.com/canadatrader/317/1111/1/03017.jpg
Price: $140,000.00

Description : 1985 PORSCHE GEMBALLA AVALANCHE, new motor and front end, DVD player, reverse view, only 2 in the world, appraised at $170,000, $140,000. Ph John (403) 608-0155 or Ed (780) 479-3028. Edm
Can someone shed some light into why this car is so special?

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-08-2003, 07:01 PM
me and shadowz raced one similar, it was a crazy wide 911 flatnose gemballa, in white.... hella fast

Wildcat
05-08-2003, 07:01 PM
wtf? never seen that before (probly cause theres only 2 in the world but somehow i find that hard to beleive :nut: )

XylathaneGTR
05-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Yah...I saw that add in Autotrader too at work, i was like...WTF?
Gemballa is a really exclusive porsche aftermarket tuner, More exclusive than TechArt...The reason its so special, is because its a Gemballa. They pretty much take a porsche right outta the factory, and totally redo it. They're almost like an exculsive dealer. *i think* Bodywork, Suspension, Wheels, Engine, Chassis, most of its all beefed up in some way...All their cars are to die for.

Seems like most of they're cars go to rich oil tycoons in middle eastern countries...

Weapon_R
05-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Why is this Porsche so special?

Extremely rare and clean. I have not even heard of that model before.

4wheeldrift
05-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Well, if it really is a Gemballa car, that's your answer right there. That particular model went through a similar process to what RUF does, body in white from the porsche factory, add all kinds of interesting performance parts, then hopped up to ungodly levels of performance.

air_mikey
05-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Gemballa is a really exclusive porsche aftermarket tuner, More exclusive than TechArt...The reason its so special, is because its a Gemballa. They pretty much take a porsche right outta the factory, and totally redo it. They're almost like an exculsive dealer. *i think* Bodywork, Suspension, Wheels, Engine, Chassis, most of its all beefed up in some way...All their cars are to die for.

in comparison, is it like amg with mercedes?

Wildcat
05-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

Seems like most of they're cars go to rich oil tycoons in middle eastern countries...

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Well, if it really is a Gemballa car, that's your answer right there. That particular model went through a similar process to what RUF does, body in white from the porsche factory, add all kinds of interesting performance parts, then hopped up to ungodly levels of performance.

so... Gemballa is to Porsche as say... Lingenfelter is to Corvettes?

4wheeldrift
05-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

so... Gemballa is to Porsche as say... Lingenfelter is to Corvettes? A better comparison would be Callaway. Lingenfelter, AFAIK only hops up already assembled cars. Those particular Gemballa cars arrived as just a body shell, without anything else. They then fitted their own drive lines, running gear, etc. RUF uses the same process, they are treated just like a new vehicle manufacturer basically. Gemballa stopped building cars this way quite awhile ago and went to just tuning and performance parts.

Wildcat
05-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
A better comparison would be Callaway. Lingenfelter, AFAIK only hops up already assembled cars. Those particular Gemballa cars arrived as just a body shell, without anything else. They then fitted their own drive lines, running gear, etc. RUF uses the same process, they are treated just like a new vehicle manufacturer basically. Gemballa stopped building cars this way quite awhile ago and went to just tuning and performance parts.

ooooic cool; you learn something new like... everayday :D

chrisgushue
05-08-2003, 07:58 PM
shit that looks sweet, and it bettter for the price

ZorroAMG
05-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey

in comparison, is it like amg with mercedes?

Actually, no....more like an AMG Benzo with full Kleeman or RENNtech mod specs

XylathaneGTR
05-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Yah...
AMG is like RUF...Gemballa is on a whole different level.
Uhhh, i cant really think of how to compare it...But Gemballa is like, Brabus and AMG combined...and still better.
It might not be one of two in the world...but theres prolly definitly less than 10.

Wildcat
05-08-2003, 09:56 PM
i think 4wheeldrift said it best..

A better comparison would be Callaway (to Corvettes)

Fuji
05-08-2003, 11:17 PM
There is a Gemballa Porsche in town... the guys own that not to mention a couple o Lambos and Porsches and AMG's

RiceCake
05-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Damn that looks interesting! :hitit:

Moonracer
05-08-2003, 11:40 PM
Here's another Gemballa to drool over.

The 2001 Gemballa 911 GTR 600 is hands down the top 996 based porsche. How can I say this? On three separate occasions, Gemballa has beat the record for road going supercars around the north circuit of Nurburgring. TechArt have been challenging the record with their 911 based TechArt GT Street for some time.

Just weeks after Gemballa set a 7:44.7 time, TechArt beat the record with a 7:43.4 lap. Not giving up, Gemballa then retuned with thier GTR to take back what was theirs. 7:32.5 was the result which still holds to this day!

The GTR package is based on a Porsche GT3 with a twin turbo upgrade.

Individual Upgrades:

BiTubo engine with air intercooler
Sport exhaust system
GT3R transmission oil cooler
Suspension with double, adjustable springs & stabilizers.
Brembro brake kit.
Updated Interior with sport seats

ninspeed
05-09-2003, 12:46 AM
also this car has been in a front end accident. i saw it happen right in front of my eyes.. it was not bad, but some dude in an s-10 riped the front end off his car pretty much

Ben
05-09-2003, 02:39 AM
slantnoses are rare :drool:

Wildcat
05-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ben
slantnoses are rare :drool:

whats the dealio with the slant noses? is it Gembella's trademark or does it concern aerodynamics more?

rage2
05-09-2003, 10:33 AM
The slantnose is a factory Porsche option.