PDA

View Full Version : Wow

a social dsease
11-20-2006, 10:12 PM
To the idiot in the orange Ford truck who almost hit the pedestrian in the crosswalk this evening @ u of c around 8:30, get the fuck off the roads!!!

I know the driver will never read this but to make a long story short, I was driving along Collegiate Blvd in the left lane and stopped at the crosswalk between Kines & lot 10/11 to let a few girls cross. The first pedestrian was in line with the passenger side of my car when a big orange F-350 crew cab rips by on my right, without even slowing down, going at least 65-70ish. Missed the pedestrian by about 2 ft. Now for one you've got to be retarded to be going that fast on that road, but secondly, if a car is stopped at a pedestrian crossing to let someone cross, you can't just drive right on through, I mean have some fucking common sense. I was stopped for a reason (to let people cross), not because I get a kick out of stopping in the middle of the f***ing road. And you can't use the excuse that you didn't see the pedestrian, I mean she was wearing white and my lights were shining on her, plus your eye level is at least 2 ft above the roof of my car, so there is really no excuse at all. Get the f*** out of calgary you frickin idiot!!!

anyways no real reason to this thread, just had to vent because I was in shock all the way home, I mean this guy had absolutely no regard at all for human life, none at all. Makes me kinda think there should be some additional licensing to drive a fullsize truck, because hitting a pedestrian even going 65-70ish in that massive tank is surely going to be fatal.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

KK07
11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
One day last week at SAIT, there was a group of people crossing the road at the crosswalk and the pedestrian lights were flashing. On one side, a cop and another car stopped and on the other side another car was stopped like you. All of a sudden this van rips through just barely missing the group of people and right away the cop pulled a u-turn with his lights on, it was awesome.

Drivers like that seriously need to learn a lesson, I hope the idiot driving that van enjoyed that extra 1 minute he would have had to wait for the pedestrians to cross with his ticket + the time he was stopped.... :dunno:

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Was crossing the road to the SAIT/ACAD parkade.. a sunfire see's us ready to cross, so instead of braking, you hear him hit the gas... I look at the guy beside me... "Wow, must be in a rush" he just laughs... Real smart

hussein
11-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Yea, now that its getting nice outside I started walking to school, and I always wait for the car to stop before crossing, today 2 people didn't stop for me, but the rest were curtious. I will definetly have to watch out for that orange truck though!

Spatz
11-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by a social dsease
To the idiot in the orange Ford truck who almost hit the pedestrian in the crosswalk this evening @ u of c around 8:30, get the fuck off the roads!!!

I know the driver will never read this but to make a long story short, I was driving along Collegiate Blvd in the left lane and stopped at the crosswalk between Kines & lot 10/11 to let a few girls cross. The first pedestrian was in line with the passenger side of my car when a big orange F-350 crew cab rips by on my right, without even slowing down, going at least 65-70ish. Missed the pedestrian by about 2 ft. Now for one you've got to be retarded to be going that fast on that road, but secondly, if a car is stopped at a pedestrian crossing to let someone cross, you can't just drive right on through, I mean have some fucking common sense. I was stopped for a reason (to let people cross), not because I get a kick out of stopping in the middle of the f***ing road. And you can't use the excuse that you didn't see the pedestrian, I mean she was wearing white and my lights were shining on her, plus your eye level is at least 2 ft above the roof of my car, so there is really no excuse at all. Get the f*** out of calgary you frickin idiot!!!

anyways no real reason to this thread, just had to vent because I was in shock all the way home, I mean this guy had absolutely no regard at all for human life, none at all. Makes me kinda think there should be some additional licensing to drive a fullsize truck, because hitting a pedestrian even going 65-70ish in that massive tank is surely going to be fatal.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

was the truck bright orange, and raised a little bit?

a social dsease
11-21-2006, 12:21 AM
^^

yep it was bright orange, raised maybe 3-5"ish lift, was a 4door (crew cab?) and I think was a F-350, but could have been F-250. Might have also had some decals on it like a work truck but not too sure on that, kinda hard to tell when it whizzes by you at 65 ..... I would have liked to have caught up to the guy (or girl) and given em a piece of my mind, but that would have required me to sink to their level and endanger even more pedestrians..

HiSpec
11-21-2006, 12:09 PM
I saw a very similar event at Northland mall 2 weeks ago. Some lady in a jeep saw a very small opportunity to get between pedestrians infront of the Timmy crosswalk. Lite up her tires. Good thing another mid 20s girl about 2 ft away, took out her swiss army all-in-one knife and gave her jeep a nice deep scar starting from the rear passenger door till the end.
Then she smiled at me, and i gave her a thumbs up.

DoubleLP
11-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I was crossing near my place one night and I was nearly hit by a Lancer. I was half way through the crosswalk and I was crossing on his side of the road with no obstructions so he could see me plain as day.

I turned around to get out of the way and my elbow hit his mirror on the drivers side. I heard a cracking sound so I am pretty sure I damaged his mirror. And this fucker keeps on going!!

Needless to say I was very close to being put in the hospital.

codepoet101
11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
that would be good a better licence test for people with big suvs and trucks because they are the killers in accidents too

Annoyingrob
11-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by codepoet101
that would be good a better licence test for people with big suvs and trucks because they are the killers in accidents too

There should be better license tests for people period. Drivers licences are way too easy to get a hold of these days. There are WAAAAY too many people on the road that shouldn't be. Hell, I saw a 240 driving like an idiot, and almost hit a truck this evening. He had to get on his brakes, and swerve into my lane to avoid it. Good thing I decided to leave some space in front of me.