PDA

View Full Version : Feel like throwing up....

codo
11-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Lately I've been finding I have a tendancy to feel extremly sick to my stomache after my runs I do, for instance tonight I added 1.5 kms to my normal run, but I know I can handle it and I did fine throughtout the entire run but after I finished I was on the verge of throwing up.
I've also been finding this in the middle of abdominal excercises when I go to the gym. Given I'm pushing myself on some of these excercises but is this normal do any of you feel like this after or during a workout, or should i see a doctor?

Oh and my eating habits lately I've been eating healthy just I don't think enough during the day, do you think this could be the issue?

Any advice would be great.

hussein
11-21-2006, 12:56 AM
Yea, when running it might be because of all the blood in your legs instead of other places creating the feeling of nausia? ... and abs, I don't really know why?

It might be the fact that you get so many endorphines when you are doing those activites and when you stop, your feeling of euphoria ends, and you come crashing down?

This is just speculation. :)

ZorroAMG
11-21-2006, 12:58 AM
google lactic acid

codo
11-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
google lactic acid

I read it but nowhere did it say it caused nausea, it did howvere explain the burning in muscles which was kinda cool to learn.

ZorroAMG
11-21-2006, 02:14 AM
I do believe that it is tied to the nausea

sputnik
11-21-2006, 07:57 AM
If you tend to hold your breath or not breathe deeply while working out you can start to feel sick.

YCB
11-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
If you tend to hold your breath or not breathe deeply while working out you can start to feel sick.

:werd:

try forcing your breathing.. as in force in... and force out (controlled though).. not huffing and puffing.... this help relieves cramps while running too...

you just have to build your lactic acid threshold..

codo
11-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeh I dunno my breathing patterns are fine, I don't huff and puff it's more controlled deep breaths I was just not sure cause it seems this has only been happening recently, although I'm running at ten at night so maybe that could be the issue I don't know anyways I googled it and it said a lot of people who do high intensity excercise will generally feel like this after, so I'm not gonna worry about it until it becomes a problem, but I hope it wont and don't think it will.

Lo)2enz0
11-21-2006, 01:40 PM
when i used to go for run's ifi didn't eat i would feel like crap after/half way threw.

drink alot of water and before you go for a run, have an apple or something. worked for me

nos_efx
11-22-2006, 11:15 AM
^

Definetly make sure you have adequate nutrients before running, if you attempt a long distance run without a light snack before you can feel nauseated/feel like throwing up.

Try grabbing some fruit/yogurt an hour before you workout. Fruits you can usually eat 1/2 hour before as it is very light and easy to breakdown. Plenty of water to before you go.

Supa Dexta
11-22-2006, 12:51 PM
did it just start with the cold weather?

codo
11-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
did it just start with the cold weather?

It isn't really cold here, I'm in Victoria, but I dunno it kinda just fixed itself I think, lastnight after I went to the gym then went for a run and really pushed myself I didn't feel like puking along with today when I went running. I did however have a lot of water and ate properly that day so I think maybe it was just mal-nutrition that was getting to me, go figure. It was just kinda weird cause that was happening for about three days in a row and now it's gone, I was pretty hard on the bottle on the weekend though so I'm sure that had a little to do with it. Meh problem fixed and if there is still a problem I'm having a physical soon, anyways thanks for the advice people.