PDA

View Full Version : Did honda make a B series soch vtec?

Vtecmini
11-21-2006, 02:28 AM
That should read SOHC^^^^^^^

The reason I ask is because im building a vtec austin mini and the kit that I purchased wants a b16 or b18. I looked to turboing the motor. But with no success because of the space issue. So i was wondering if there is any b seires motors that came sohc because it might be slim enough to squeeze it and a turbo in there.

Lo)2enz0
11-21-2006, 02:29 AM
nope, b series motors were all dohc

but there is the sohc zc motor

Vtecmini
11-21-2006, 02:32 AM
Well DOHC it is then. What is the smallest turbo kit out there then that would give me a 0.5 bar increase ( 6 -10 psi)

Bottom mount would be best. I thinK. Check the avatar its pretty effing tight in there.

rc2002
11-21-2006, 08:01 AM
AFAIK, the subframe you buy to fit the Honda motor into the mini extends the front of the mini. The motor is right up against the firewall but there should be more than enough room to do a custom turbo kit at the front of the car.

I doubt any of the bolt on civic/integra turbo kits will bolt up to your mini. You'd be looking at custom work.

Vtecmini
11-22-2006, 04:07 AM
Ya it would have to be custom for sure. what would is the smallest (decent ) turbo kit that could get me anywhere from 6 to 10 psi boost? the only thing im worried about is finding a intercooler too fit in there aswell.