PDA

View Full Version : ITR@Horton Used Cars..

Darkane
11-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Im not actually sure what the place is called but the one on Horton road just south of Heritage Dr... Anyway on with the story.

I noticed this car in thier lot today as I take the train everyday and see what they have in stock. Nice looking STOCK '01 ITR. I thought great!.. I should swing by and maybe drive the piss out of it to see how it goes.

I drove to the dealership and got out of my car. Walked close to the ITR and immediatly noticed one thing, Car has rock Chips EVERYWHERE. I literally mean everywhere. It was so bad its rusting, Its even rusting on the rear quarters, Just starting but its there.

I then procceded inside to talk to a Used car salesmen (my favorite people in the world). I talked to the guy, nice guy actually honest haha tough trait to find in that buisness. The story goes as follows:

Fresh Trade in as in 12 noon today.
New motor Installed at Acura(car has 135,000km)
Asking 14,900.

That is all the info this guy had for me. Its fresh I dont blame him. I grabed the key from him and went outside. I got in noticed the interior. Red, not ricaros but the Rare-ish Canadian red interior. It looked ok for a 20 year old car. Terrible for a 5 year old car. The seats stitching was starting to come unraveled. No biggy what do i care? If it were up to me I'd have an aluminum seat and nothing else in there.

I fired the car.. Listening closley.. What do I hear? knocking.. Didnt quite, quite* sound like a rod knock but I couldn't tell. It was to noisy with macloed and trains going by, whatever. I told the guy it was making noises. He listens as well.. He agreed. A noise but not sure. May be a pulley.

Anyway, we got talking he said they were probably going to ask 14,900. He went inside to confirm this. I stayed behind and looked at the car. I noticed the front passenger side was hit, just by the rad support it was rusting, may have been really hard who knows.

Hes still inside... I check the oil (THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WHEN BUYING A USED CAR!) and to my surprise it was BELOW the fill mark. Hmm wierd.. Ive heard of vtec's eating oil but that bad? I mean the oil was fairly clean. I revved it by hand a couple times, seemed ok.

I noticed the Valve cover was painted.. I thought ITR covers were kinda textured? This was a glossy red...

Now, this IS a real Type R, badging, number 1273 If i remember correctly. On the side it did NOT say Type R, it just had an enlarged "R".

Closing thoughts... DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! It apperantly has a new motor from acura with receipts. Why i dont know.. It was a B18c5 in there though. To finish the story the guy found how much they were going to ask. 18-21k.
I was going to lowball that 14,900 with 10grand but that wasn't the price.

This guy is calling me back probably tommorow with more info, and an inspection report. I'll fill in some more details then. Oh, also an alberta car bought from Calgary.

dj_rice
11-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Due to my prior confusion, I apologize :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow to this car...

BOOO URNNNS!!

Type_R_Prince
11-21-2006, 06:57 PM
:whocares:

Tik-Tok
11-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I went to that place once, to look at a Nissan Pick-up, it too had "just arrived" on the lot, but the "owners son" had been driving it for a few weeks... oddly enough the odomoter was disconnected. Go figure.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-21-2006, 06:58 PM
No he's warning that if your looking for an ITR, to watch out for this one.

Darkane
11-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Closing thoughts... DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

:thumbsup:

dj_rice
11-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

When he said Closing Thoughts, I thought he was talking to himself like in the 3rd person in his mind sayin to himself DONT BUY THIS CAR :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But yeah bad car

Lo)2enz0
11-21-2006, 07:50 PM
poor itr, did you check the block to see if it was an actual b18c?

Darkane
11-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
poor itr, did you check the block to see if it was an actual b18c?

Absolutly. It was a B18c5. One thing I noticed was the block was fresh and clean, while the tranny and head were gummed with grease. Also valves were ticking like crazy. Needed an adjustment something fearse.

azndragon1234
11-21-2006, 09:55 PM
SAME SAME SAME STORY!!!!

A integra type r YELLOW for sale at "Gallery"

Edit: the car is still for sale...atleast it was still for sale yesterday

It is the color of a type r, but it definetly had some flaws, such as:

-non carbon vents
-missing front and rear upper strut bars
-had a b18c5 engine, but no headers (should of been stock)
-had the side skirts painted horible, and the under color was obviously black, that means the skirt was originally black...hard to explain but if you see it in person youl kno why

then theres the screwed up parts of the car:
-the interior was painted RED originally, and then changed back to black...which was THE BAD THING...black paint was coming off and the red was showing again, making it look like shit.

But the Vin number SUPPOSE to be a type R but i dono if thers some kind of vin swap...not sure...

it was a 1999 integra type (r?) selling for 17000

*i was so looking forward to a DECENT type r*

Hash_man
11-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I think I have seen that Type R before that you are talking about Darkane. I believe it was owned by a native guy before, and the car looked to be in such rough shape I feel sorry for it. Poor ITR :nut: ... Not often that you see an ITR in that bad of shape.

gerrycurl21
11-21-2006, 11:44 PM
wasnt there some guy on the forum sellin a white "r"? w/o side decal

i assume these 2 had atleast the 5 lug?

rc2002
11-22-2006, 08:14 AM
I feel sorry for the poor sucker who buys this. If it weren't for those people, these used car lots wouldn't be in business.

kerry
11-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Ummmmm you guys know who Gallery is right?

Good ol Hotwheels.

That's lame that people don't take care of ITR's... such nice cars.

Graham_A_M
11-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Some poor high school kid is going to buy that car and not even notice those things:cry:

Darkane
11-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Some poor high school kid is going to buy that car and not even notice those things:cry:

Some poor high school kids PARENTS will buy that and not notice anything :)