PDA

View Full Version : vacuum cleaners (lame topic alert)

TimG
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
my 982693756934958 year old vacuum is about to die and i need to get a new one.

what's something decent for under $300? which brands should i avoid?

bag vs bagless?

upright vs cannister?

justincalgary
11-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Eureka makes a great upright vacuum if you spend the right amount. I am pretty sure the one that gets the highest rating in consumer reports is usually around $299. It is the wide head and bagless with true hepa not just plain hepa which basically doesn't mean anything anymore. Go to Calvac Vacuums just south of Mcknight on Centre, very small store and he tends to have the best prices.

djayz
11-22-2006, 11:52 AM
get a kenmore from sears. seriously they have the best suction and hold up to abuse.

we bought a eureka and everytime you push forward you could hear the belt squeel because it couldnt handle the carpet and if you raised the brushes it wouldnt even touch the carpet

avoid vacuums from canadian tire and walmart.

and bagless if you dont like going out and buying bags. and bagged if you dont like the messy clean up with the bagless.

TimG
11-22-2006, 11:56 AM
what about upright vs cannisters?

djayz
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM
well i prefer upright just cuz you dont have to drag the cannister around everywhere and have a super long hose and all that extra stuff.

and upright is easy to store just wind up the cable on it and put it in a closet and if you get one thats not so heavy you can vacuum the stairs quite easily wihtout using any of the attachments.

its all up to you but i think upright is better and the kenmore ones are pretty light so you dont have to worry about weight.