PDA

View Full Version : nikon coolpix l2

pyro
11-22-2006, 09:16 PM
just curious if anyone has or used this camera. whats ur thoughts on it? how much did u pay for it and where at?
thanx

Pihsiak
11-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Camera is nikon's entry level camera, above the L1

I like it for it's slim design (unlike the Canon A series) and the fact that unlike alot of other brands, nikon is giving rechargable AA and this model had the mic for recording with sounds.

Things like grids in landscape and Left/Right focusing on portrait mode make the camera really easy to use.

The bad stuff about the camera is, being entry level, it's slow and has a smaller screen

Great portable fun camera for first time users or just as an emergancy. A camera you can keep on you all the time or use it roughly.

$230 at Best Buy... Get the L3 instead.. 5 meg over 6 meg and around $200 mark (that mp doesn't make that much of a difference)

btw, camera has been out for a little over a year. More L series to follow with bigger screen, bigger zooms and slight bigger bodies. VR will also be in the new ones.

pyro
11-22-2006, 09:38 PM
thanks for the relpy. this camera i basically just want to use if for like road trips, bars, parties, boarding ect...
i checked out best buy today im not to sure the diffrence between the l2 and l3 besides that the l3 has only 5 meg and the l2 has 6 megs...whats better about the l3?

Pihsiak
11-22-2006, 11:45 PM
nothing.

it's a darker silver?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=nikon_cpl2%2Cnikon_cpl3&show=all

Edit: ouch, those user reviews are bashing the hell out of the L cameras... but nothing I havn't listed up top. (Slow and small screen)

Ever consider taking over my Panasonic LZ5?
Bigger body, but 6x optic and image stabilizer