PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of left over construction material

5hift
11-23-2006, 10:49 AM
I have to help my Dad clean out his garage this weekend and he has a ton of leftover construction material/wood/scraps, and just crap in general that he just wants to get rid of.

I was told that there are some companies you call and they will show up and drop off a dumpster for you to throw your crap in at your own pace, and when your done, call them and they come and take the dumpster away. The reason this appeals to me over just calling some junk hauler, is I can move at my own pace cleaning the garage and take a few days to do it instead of having to have everything ready for pickup at the same time.

If anyone knows a company that can do this please let me know.

djayz
11-23-2006, 11:01 AM
310-dump

or if you have a truck or trailer just load it up and take it to the dump

Weapon_R
11-23-2006, 11:25 AM
It's not necessarily at your own pace. The box is put in front of your house for 2 days and you're expected to fill it by then. It's pretty expensive too, I remember paying $450 per 48 hrs on a renovation project I did a little while ago.

rc2002
11-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah they're not cheap - the longer you have them the more they cost. And there's always idiots who will come by and throw their junk into your container too since most of them don't have lids.

bigboom
11-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Yeah they're not cheap - the longer you have them the more they cost. And there's always idiots who will come by and throw their junk into your container too since most of them don't have lids.

werd when we got one idiots from the neighborhood pretty much filled 1/4 of it with their junk.

benyl
11-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
It's not necessarily at your own pace. The box is put in front of your house for 2 days and you're expected to fill it by then. It's pretty expensive too, I remember paying $450 per 48 hrs on a renovation project I did a little while ago.

woah, that isn't right. It is also based on weight, so if you were throwing out some lead, maybe that is why you paid so much.

I remember it being $40 for them to drop off and pick up for 1 week. Then the weight charge.

Weapon_R
11-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by benyl

woah, that isn't right. It is also based on weight, so if you were throwing out some lead, maybe that is why you paid so much.

I remember it being $40 for them to drop off and pick up for 1 week. Then the weight charge.

Who did you use? You're saying that I can get a company to drop this thing off, not dump anything in it for 1 week and only pay $40? Sign me up.

benyl
11-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I will check when I get home later tonight.

Weapon_R
11-23-2006, 12:09 PM
thanks, sounds like i was getting raped if thats the case

topmade
11-23-2006, 12:17 PM
There are companies that will remove all that crap for you. I used one on a move a while ago and they were great. Came in, took all the crap that filled up their extended cargo van. Costed about $100.

5hift
11-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by topmade
There are companies that will remove all that crap for you. I used one on a move a while ago and they were great. Came in, took all the crap that filled up their extended cargo van. Costed about $100.

That sounds good. the cheaper the better, I dont mind doing it all at once, I just thought the bin would be cheaper than the hauling.