PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6265i USB cable, car charger, n00b questions

nonlinear
11-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I just bought a 6265i yesterday, but I didn't want to pay Telus $40 or whatever for car charger and USB cable.

I've been looking on eBay and there are lots available there. The car chargers are all really cheap. For the USB cables, there are some cheap ones that just include the cable, and then ones for like $30 that include some software etc. (and they claim that you need this to make the PC recognize your phone).

So, I have a few questions. Does anyone have any expereince with these types of cables on eBay? Are cheap cables going wreck my phone (overcharge it, etc.)? Do I need special software, or will any USB cable work.

If the eBay cables are sketchy, is there a reputable place to buy cables at a reasonable price?

Thanks!

GQBalla
11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
a cable is a cable - but why do you need a usb cable for your phone? telus locks out all the functions on your phone anyway, so the cable will be of no use

nonlinear
11-23-2006, 02:21 PM
those functions can be unlocked using Diego software from Nokia

spike98
11-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
those functions can be unlocked using Diego software from Nokia

:werd: diego FTW!!

There is soo much that you can unlock that telass locked out

look for the CA-53 cable i think its USB 2.0 compatible and faster than the DK-U or whatever its called.

nonlinear
11-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I ended up getting both a car charger and the USB cable for only $8 USD (damn cheap). I just hope that this car charger has an IC chip to prevent overcharging my phone. I don't really trust cheap ass cables but we'll see :D

has anyone else used the Diego software before? I have two versions of 3.07, but one came with a crack that ended up being 3 files (one dll). I'm not sure if i need to do anything special with these or not. When I run the crack program it attempts to extract these files to C:\windows\system32 :dunno:

I guess i'll just try diego without it first.

spike98
11-23-2006, 03:48 PM
You will need the crack

And you will need to install nokia phone tools for the proper drivers (available on the nokia website)

Install NPT THEN diego then the crack

nonlinear
11-23-2006, 03:52 PM
I installed Diego, then the Nokia PC Suite, and then the crack. I am able to open Diego (and it's not asking for the dongle) and the PC Suite. Seems like everything is working! Now I just need the faqwking cable :D

spike98
11-23-2006, 04:00 PM
It may look like its working but you never know untill you hook it up. You may not find the phone. It does work in the order you have done it but sometimes computers are finiky.

mard
11-23-2006, 04:17 PM
soo why all the fuzzzz with the cable and downloading or installign the software???

is it for like uploading thigns to ur phone or transfering files from PC to fone or fone to PC???

spike98
11-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Using nokia software developement tools are you do certain things with your phone that telus has locked out.

IE. Using MP3's as ringtones that arn't copyrighted (purchased from telus)

Getting rid of the annoying SHOP soft key and changing it to your address book

Removing the clicking sound when taking a picture (great for upskirting!!)

Its all just stuff that would take the good telus version of the 6265i turning it into a GREAT version.

The OEM nokia theme is pure sex compaired to the telus crap.

Joint www.howardforums.com if you want to do some good reading on the art of phone hacking.

afrotl
11-23-2006, 06:14 PM
What ^ he said

Grip172
11-23-2006, 08:59 PM
oh god..it took me about 8 hours to get my 6265i and cable working properly together....diego was a bitch to get installed haha