PDA

View Full Version : Help: Speeding ticket

Teggy
11-24-2006, 11:19 AM
hey guys i got a speeding ticket the other night. anyways the cop was a huge jerk but just doing his job i guess whatever. Anyways i was reviewing the ticket the other day and i had noticed the officer failed to mark down my postal code on the ticket. "The tiket has a place on it marked postal code but nothings there. From what i understand if a ticket is not filled out correctly it gets thrown out when you go to fight it. Does anybody know exactly what might happen with this ticket. any help would be great:thumbsup:

accord885
11-24-2006, 11:20 AM
No you have to pay it.

sr20dets13
11-24-2006, 11:26 AM
ahhh im happy sum1 made this thread i also got a ticket..
and where they wrote the speed i was going down..its reaaaaally
smudged up or sumthing i cant even read the number..does that
help me in any way? lol sory for hijacking the thread here but i
would like to know lol

zieg
11-24-2006, 11:27 AM
An old friend of mine got out of two because the officer didn't spell her last name right, but that's a bigger mistake than not writing in the postal code. You can always try though.

adam c
11-24-2006, 11:41 AM
OR u could stop being gay and speeding on ice covered roads

sr20dets13
11-24-2006, 11:44 AM
what makes you think we wer speeding when it was snowing
dosent say anywhere in teh post here bud..get your shit straight:guns:

retro-steve
11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
postal code does not matter, you still have to pay, talk to the crown for a reduction

Teggy
11-24-2006, 11:48 AM
this was last friday when the roads were still dry, and yeah i am going to fight i just wanted to know if it was going to get thrown out.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Teggy
hey guys i got a speeding ticket the other night. anyways the cop was a huge jerk but just doing his job i guess whatever. Anyways i was reviewing the ticket the other day and i had noticed the officer failed to mark down my postal code on the ticket. "The tiket has a place on it marked postal code but nothings there. From what i understand if a ticket is not filled out correctly it gets thrown out when you go to fight it. Does anybody know exactly what might happen with this ticket. any help would be great:thumbsup:

Well there is an area on the upper part of the ticket, where it says this information must be correct or somethin similar. I think it ends underneath the officers sig.

The speed and such are irrelevant as long as the money amount is on there.

Teggy
11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
adam c you know how i know your gay you jump to assumptions

teggypimp95
If you tell them the cop was rude and very disrepectful they should reduce the ticket or remove the demarits if you got any. I have fought all my tickets.

sr20dets13
really ..damn oh well..lol

Teggy
11-24-2006, 11:55 AM
well the cop was rude when i was pulled over i asked what i was exactly being pulled over for. he stopped look at me and said your starting to piss me off.

sr20dets13
11-24-2006, 11:56 AM
where was this? i got 1 friday too on country hills in n.w
and he was such a dick too!

adam c
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Teggy
adam c you know how i know your gay you jump to assumptions

good one :thumbsup:

u got caught speeding .. u come on here to post such a stupid question about postal codes not being on the ticket .. its just plain stupid .. stop speeding and pay the fine

sr20dets13
11-24-2006, 12:02 PM
OMg adam c...so would you like to tell us all your calgary's
perfect driver and never speed or has gotten ticketed?
if so then good for you..and if not then i suggest you calm down
budy..tegy got a ticket..and is curios if he can get away with it or
not..im sure if you had a ticket you wer unsure about youd ask
someone for advice..if he thinks it may get thrown out..myswell
find out for sure...right?

Teggy
11-24-2006, 12:03 PM
sorry adam........ i didn't know that my question wasn't intellegent enough to be presented to you in this way. ....... please forgive i don't know what i will do if you don't...... maybe i will post on the forums how can i get ADAM C to forgive me.......... anyways i'm sorry if i don't want to be a bitch and take this ticket up the ass... but i guess some of us like being the bitch hey adam

AzN'SKillZ
11-24-2006, 12:09 PM
i had a incident like this before, basically the police officer forgot to check the box that states wich location im suppose to go to for my first hearing. in the end, what ended up happening was the ticket got quached. what that means is the ticket is canceled due to mistake the officer made. BUT THE OFFICER HAS 6 MONTHS TIME TO RE-ISSUE THE TICKET. HE MUST GO TO UR HOUSE PERSONALY TO ISSUE IT.

adam c
11-24-2006, 12:11 PM
yea i got a ticket for speeding.. i was stupid for speeding and i paid the ticket i didnt complain about the cops attitude or try and get out of it

u break the law and get caught then pay the penalty .. how hard is that

benyl
11-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
If you tell them the cop was rude and very disrepectful they should reduce the ticket or remove the demarits if you got any. I have fought all my tickets.

Alberta no longer allow RO tickets. You will get points.

PS> all y'all are acting like a bunch of bitches. Cold weather got ya down?

sr20dets13
11-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Did ANYONE in this thread say it was hard to pay the ticket..
he is just curios as to what will happen with the ticket if there is
an error..dude you really need to calmn down..he got a ticket
maybe its one of his first and he wants to know what can be done
about it..and you expect us to beleive that when you get tickets
you dont bother getting it reduced or less demerits? wow i cant
beleive how mad him trying to pay less money to the government
makes you..sum people are just fuckeddddddddd!

adam c
11-24-2006, 12:22 PM
getting it reduced and trying to get out of it cause the cop didnt put a postal code is totally different things .. this issue has been brought up before

with my ticket. at the time if i knew it could have been reduced then i would have done so. i wouldnt complain to the crown and say the cop was rude so i could get out of it