PDA

View Full Version : HD and Poor Quality Menu Help

The Cosworth
11-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Hey I recently got a HD Flat panel TV, the quality is amazing except for the menus of the DVD's.

I dont care but it is just starting to annoy me.

I have the Blue, Green, and Red (i think) cables attached and the movie quality is good but on almost ALL dvd's the menus look like their are white streaks covering a lot of the screen.

Anyone else seen this?

clem24
11-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Got a cam? Take a pic of or movie of your screen and post here. If in doubt why not just take it back and get new one?

The Cosworth
11-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I dont think there is anything wrong with the tv, or dvd player, i think it is just the way the menus are sent through the cables because once you start the movie everything looks bad ass.

clem24
11-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Try to isolate the problem. Could be your DVD player and not the TV. Try:

- Different DVD player
- Turn on/off progressive scan
- Try S-VHS connection
- Different DVDs

The Cosworth
11-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I have already tried different DVD's, it never used to do this on my old tube tv too.

Dont have the choice to try a different dvd player as I only have one.

I was just hoping I had a setting wrong or something and other people have experienced the same thing. Ill try the progressive scan, but not 100% sure how to do it

Oh well thanks anyway.

clem24
11-27-2006, 10:39 AM
I personally think it's the DVD player, not the TV. Did you try turning off progressive scan?

BTW, if you TV has a better line doubler/quadrupler (AKA progressive scan) than your DVD player (likely if it's a cheaper model), then just leave progressive scan off if that solves it.