PDA

View Full Version : computer driver problem

k98303
11-24-2006, 06:54 PM
i just formatted my computer today, and installed drivers one by one as usual. but, after i updated windows, my sound driver did not work. so i updated it from the driver website and it still does not work..
my computer is emachine (i will never get it anymore..) t5026, i've tried downloaded and installed all drivers necessary. i checked driver management, sound driver is properly installed, but there is a yellow exclamentory mark there..
here is how it looks like
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitlednm4.jpg

my sound driver is realtek high definition..
does anyone know wht is wrong and wht i should do
thanks

lost_in_bsd
11-24-2006, 06:57 PM
best bet is to find out if there is an irq conflict. the emacines were hell for that when i was working as tech. plug and pray and irq are the bane of those machines. if not try forcing the driver in, not using an installer, although does require more knowledge of puters

anyhoo thats just my 2 cents

[edit]

This is why i use linux and work at a company that uses linux

k98303
11-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by lost_in_bsd
best bet is to find out if there is an irq conflict. the emacines were hell for that when i was working as tech. plug and pray and irq are the bane of those machines. if not try forcing the driver in, not using an installer, although does require more knowledge of puters

anyhoo thats just my 2 cents

[edit]

This is why i use linux and work at a company that uses linux

sorry im a computer noob..can u go more specific on how i plug irq? or how to force the driveri in~ thanks ~

lost_in_bsd
11-25-2006, 12:56 AM
ummm if you do not know what im talking about i would recomend getting someone to fix it for you, bad things can happen. that I learned the hard way a long time ago and trust me you do not want to do that