PDA

View Full Version : No CC or debit cards WTF

88CRX
11-24-2006, 07:38 PM
WTF?

Credit cards and debit aren't working anywhere.... suppose to be overloaded from black friday in the states?

BlackArcher101
11-24-2006, 07:40 PM
WTF? Maybe it's just your bank or the stores bank? Cause I can use em just fine... and just did as well.

NickGT
11-24-2006, 07:41 PM
It was just on the news. Apparently it was some sort of software problem, unrelated to black friday... :dunno:

Sharpie
11-24-2006, 07:43 PM
wow same shit in okotoks....

88CRX
11-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by NickGT
It was just on the news. Apparently it was some sort of software problem, unrelated to black friday... :dunno:

gas station lady = noob :thumbsdow

figured she was full of shit

ronaldo
11-24-2006, 07:44 PM
everywhere in calgary was experiencing outages at some point in the day today....but now it seems to be back up and running smoothly

Justing
11-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

It was all the Monaris software, but everything is good to go now:thumbsup:

Stephen81
11-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm not at work anymore but that was a shit show this afternoon while we were trying to figure out what was going on. The only cards affected at our location were RBC and ATB:dunno:

max_boost
11-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Our POS was through Moneris and it was down between 2-5pm. I was still accepting C/C, just doing it the old school way, card imprints and process it later.

Cash is King! haha

CivicDXR
11-24-2006, 10:41 PM
The gas station by my house was a mess... people pumping gas, then finding out they couldn't pay... they eventually switched their pumps to pre-pay night mode...

Stephen81
11-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Our POS was through Moneris and it was down between 2-5pm. I was still accepting C/C, just doing it the old school way, card imprints and process it later.

Cash is King! haha

Our banking system isn't even Moneris, although I'm familiar with it, all our CCs still went through electronically but the first hour of customers beaking at me because their life revolves around their ability to use debit took about 3 years off my life.

dj_rice
11-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
The gas station by my house was a mess... people pumping gas, then finding out they couldn't pay... they eventually switched their pumps to pre-pay night mode...

So they got free gas then or what???

And wow ^^ VV both ur guys trucks are amazing but that red one is one fire :bigpimp:

signature7
11-25-2006, 12:33 AM
the switched there pump to prepaid mode? that shouldn't have worked either, but yeah someplaces you could use credit card some you couldn't and for a point in time it was all bank cards, it was a big mess...no one got anything free though i wasn't that big of a mess....manual imprints and punching in the numbers later will save retailers a lot of bucks and hassle...

toyboy88
11-25-2006, 12:47 AM
a few places still are down too.

Stephen81
11-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

And wow ^^ VV both ur guys trucks are amazing but that red one is one fire :bigpimp:

:hijack:

I gotta update my profile, I sold mine this fall...and the red IS hot...I couldn't get over the blue though haha

http://users.nexopia.com/uploads/1897/1897713/Tacoma1a.jpg

1-Bar
11-25-2006, 12:51 AM

Cash is King! haha

:werd: That's what we were doing....until cash out when the guys M/C didn't go through for a laptop :banghead: :banghead:

**note to self** call for authorization on big purchases...

Stephen81
11-25-2006, 12:54 AM
http://www.moneris.com/index.php?context=/aboutus/incident

i'm not comforted by the fact they're "not sure" what caused it

ex1z7
11-25-2006, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure if it's widely known but .. We had that in Ontario for the past few days as well..

??

~Leah~
11-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Moneris was down in the afternoon and my god... I just left my desk. I do store support for every Sport Chek and Coast Mountain in the country and was getting too many calls.... I'm interested to see how many customer complaints I have about this on Monday. Actually... no I'm not! :(

CivicDXR
11-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

So they got free gas then or what???

No, they were taking peoples licences or credit card until they could get to a bank machine and come back and pay them...

Originally posted by stephen_haxton

I gotta update my profile, I sold mine this fall...and the red IS hot...I couldn't get over the blue though haha

http://users.nexopia.com/uploads/1897/1897713/Tacoma1a.jpg

The pick between the blue and the red was the hardest decision for me...

max_boost
11-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Damn it I love that truck!

saiyajin
11-25-2006, 05:04 PM

IMO blue looks hawt

Altezza
11-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton
http://www.moneris.com/index.php?context=/aboutus/incident

i'm not comforted by the fact they're "not sure" what caused it

Moneris sucks. They have a lot of random problems which they don't have explanations for. They've caused such an administrative headache over the years for so many businesses. In one instance, an error (cause unknown) resulted in the double/triple charge of some our clients while not charging others at all. When you put through many thousands of transactions monthly, it's an awful pain in the pass to sort thru all of them. It's even worse when it happens more than once.

max_boost
11-25-2006, 05:22 PM
^^^

I have to :werd: you on that one. A few customers had a double charge on their credit cards from my restaurant. That would require me to physically process their cards TWICE. I called Moneris to bitch about it and they pinned it back on me. LOL Are you Focking kidding me? Idiots! :rofl: :nut: :dunno: :banghead:

Altezza
11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
^^^

I have to :werd: you on that one. A few customers had a double charge on their credit cards from my restaurant. That would require me to physically process their cards TWICE. I called Moneris to bitch about it and they pinned it back on me. LOL Are you Focking kidding me? Idiots! :rofl: :nut: :dunno: :banghead:

I'm not talking two or three...more like 400+ people double/triple charged each time!

1-Bar
11-25-2006, 06:16 PM
^wow so it is a problem. How's this for a senario. Customer returns $500 camcorder. Gets refunded twice (although only actually swiped once).

Our numbers come back, we are short that amount. Then we give a nice call to the customer and ask politely to have our $500 back.....oddly enough he came back yesterday. Nice guy (I know I wouldn't....)

CRXguy
11-26-2006, 10:36 AM

Should've chose BLUE. :thumbsup:

doublepostwhore
11-26-2006, 12:15 PM
sold a 58 WS panasonic with pvr/cables/warrenty/HT setup (component)/power like 8g worth of shit, customer walks out, we get a call from moneris telling us for the last 20 minutes all the debit we sent through shit the bed.

BlackArcher101
11-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
sold a 58 WS panasonic with pvr/cables/warrenty/HT setup (component)/power like 8g worth of shit, customer walks out, we get a call from moneris telling us for the last 20 minutes all the debit we sent through shit the bed.

What happens then? Does Moneris cover that or is it your responsibility to find the purchasers and do it again?

ashee
11-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Credit/Debit were working fine here?

Stephen81
11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
This shit is getting a little old...

Right @ 5pm today our debit/credit card payment system went down...I don't think this had anything to do with Moneris...the payment company my restaurant uses shit the bed (the words i was given over the phone) How fun is it to learn a dozen people how to properly take a manual imprint from a credit card who aren't even old enough to own one:banghead: argh.

I'm gonna be there all night now trying to make sure our books balance:(

schurchill39
11-26-2006, 11:47 PM
:werd: Medicine Hat was effected too!

Ajay
11-27-2006, 01:50 AM
I heard any place running Moneris in Canada and the US were affected by this.

At my store it was down from about 1-5PM on Friday but no glitches since then.

Rockski
11-27-2006, 02:12 AM
edmonton was down on friday