PDA

View Full Version : Yokohama Avid H4 vs. ES100 vs. Parada

variable_x
05-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Can you people please rate all the above 3 tires in terms of traction, comfort and wear? I am looking for a set of 205/45 R 16 tires. I would prefer to have a tire with light snow capability even though I have separate winter tires as you all know even spring here in Calgary have snow (like right now!!!) Thanks!!!

jdmakkord
05-09-2003, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't even rank avids in the same group as parada's imo.

Loose
05-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Parada' are ghetto! Hi-Rev Tunerz shit.

4wheeldrift
05-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by variable_x
Can you people please rate all the above 3 tires in terms of traction, comfort and wear? I am looking for a set of 205/45 R 16 tires. I would prefer to have a tire with light snow capability even though I have separate winter tires as you all know even spring here in Calgary have snow (like right now!!!) Thanks!!! Scratch the paradas from your list if you plan on using them in snow. Avid H4s are complete hockey pucks, they wear like iron but grip like crap. I don't know what the ES100s are like, they are supposedly an intermediate performance tire, so probably between the H4 and parada in terms of grip and wear.

REFLUX
05-09-2003, 05:47 PM
I have the H4's

go with the ES100's

variable_x
05-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Oh, yeah and I forgot to ask you guys where can I get these tires cheap. What are the reasonable prices for them? Thanks!!

04blackMAX
05-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Scratch the paradas from your list if you plan on using them in snow. Avid H4s are complete hockey pucks, they wear like iron but grip like crap. I don't know what the ES100s are like, they are supposedly an intermediate performance tire, so probably between the H4 and parada in terms of grip and wear.

why would u wanna use any Z rated tire in the winter..they all suk

4wheeldrift
05-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR

why would u wanna use any Z rated tire in the winter..they all suk Don't look at me, he wanted to use them in light snow.

Seanith
05-09-2003, 07:52 PM
I have had my h4s for several weeks, so they have seen it all already lol. They are pretty good, but i don't have anything to compare them to. Same size your looking at too...

variable_x
05-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by vsmSIR

why would u wanna use any Z rated tire in the winter..they all suk

It's mainly because that we do get snow falls in spring and summer here in Calgary and I do need my car to get to work. I don't want to change to my winter tires just for light snow like last week. And I do have a big hill in front of my home so my car do need some sort of traction in light snow.

Khyron
05-10-2003, 01:36 AM
Check out the Falken ZIEX 512s. Ultra high perf all season, I had mine on during the snow dump and they were fine.

Khyron

buh_buh
05-10-2003, 03:51 AM
I survived all winter on Paradas. Didn't get stuck once. But I wouldn't wanna do it again haha

Rydog
05-10-2003, 03:47 PM
I have the Avid in 17" style, and they suck donkey ass (pun fully intended!) in the snow. Just like mr. Drift said though, they are awesome for wear. i drive my car like there's no tomorrow and have to say that I'm ultra impressed with the wear. but like I said, they may say all season, but they ain't meant for the slippery stuff. rain is pretty decent though.

donz
05-10-2003, 04:14 PM
avid h4 are totally for all season, not really perfromance, however, they do grip better than some of the stuff at crappy tire. I wouldn't drive in the snow with either of the other 2. My friend just bought some yoko ES100 and they are performance tires for sure, and the tread wear is the same as the prada's more or less. If you are looking for thiese tires go to www.mytires.ca. I got a set of hankook tires for my sister's lude a couple of days ago and they seem to be awesome for the money. Ohh i have prada's and they are definately pretty good, however there are stickier ones out there if you really wanted.

Also prada's cost as much as es100, more or less.