PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone help....telus

Toma
05-09-2003, 05:10 PM
My celll phone died. I am with telus, with one year to go. Can I use other cellphones with telus, or do I have to buy one from them?

Whats this "unlocking" business etc?

Thanks,
TOma

Ben
05-09-2003, 05:35 PM
You can get another phone to work on telus if you provide them with the ESN number...it has to be network compatable though (ie) Fido uses GSM, which will not work on telus CDMA network.

So...no you dont have to buy a new phone, but the phone has to work on the network.

the-240sx-guy
05-09-2003, 05:44 PM
technically a bell cdma cell phone 'could' work on the telus network. but doesnt mean bell well let u

u have to get the master lock code, so that the phone can be reprogrammed with a telus number, roaming list ...etc

so IF you have the lock code and is a cdma north american standard phone, then yes it will work on telus

Toma
05-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Yeah, cause I am in Denver, and there are some nise phones cheap from a place that can "unlock" phones as well. I just did not know what to tell them telus uses as a system....

So....just buy a phone, have it unlocked and make sure it is CDMA compliant or whatever? Then call telus and give them the CDMA number?

IS that it? lol. And can I do it from here....I am dying without my cell ;)

Toma

Ajay
05-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Technically any CDMA phone will work on Telus but me working for a dealership can tell you that Telus no longer accepts foreign ESN's.

So if you buy a say...Sprint phone which is CDMA Telus won't allow it to be used on their network. Basically Telus is being bitches and unless the ESN exists in their inventory they won't let you use it.

Bell has a couple phones I'de like to put on Telus with my number and even I can't do it.

Ben
05-09-2003, 11:03 PM
can you blame them? They blow tonnes of coin building the best coverage...they want people to use their phones...everyone wants somethin for nothin these days it seems.