PDA

View Full Version : witnessed an accident

afrotl
11-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi beyonders I just witnessed a guy total the back of his honda Accord on Memorial drive right by the Barlow Trail Train Station, about 20 minutes ago. I was going 80 when he just Zoomed past me a few minutes later a see a car spinning out of control a few meters away. He hit the median and ended up on top off it then bounced off and ended up on the other side of the road. He finally came to a halt and the trunk of his car was smashed in and all the contents in his trunk was all over the street. I stopped to make sure he was okay and to help him collect his stuff of the road.
He was fine but was piised cos of the damage to his car.

Anyways to make a long story short this is just to warn you guys that it is slippery out there especially on Memorial Drive going towards Deerfoot. The road looks dry or clean but do not let it fool you.

al-ti2d
11-24-2006, 11:03 PM
thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Sharpie
11-24-2006, 11:04 PM
good thing he didn't hit another car or a person..

nusneak
11-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I would have pulled over and laughed :D

afrotl
11-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by nusneak
I would have pulled over and laughed :D

Lol I was calling him an idiot in my head cos every one was being cautious and still doing the speed limit but I guees it was to slow for him.

harv91
11-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Wow atleast you got out and helped. Man if i ever see an accident i'd help the person who ever it was. Alot of pricks just keep driving even though it could mean saving someones life. Makes me happy to know theres a few good guys out there :thumbsup:

HiSpec
11-25-2006, 02:35 AM
I rather help him out (while laughing in my head) making sure he doesn't drive away and endanger other people.

Lo)2enz0
11-25-2006, 04:09 AM
i witnessed one like this, well similar

about 2-3 years ago

driving to school and i was behind this suv (probably 40-50 feet behind him) and all of a sudden his far flew across the 2 lanes, than corrected and over the median and into this other cars windshield. i was in such shock that i just kept on driving.
next time your on sarcee trail SW, when you come up the hill and than it declines and than gradually turns to the right, there are about 4 foot tall barriers there because of this.

glad to hear that you stopped for the guy

3G
11-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I seen a civic/EL 96-00 silver that crashed on memorial by the zoo, looks like he lost control and hit the st george drive under pass, cops were already there so i didnt stop. memorial wasnt too bad i was doing 85-90 down there @ mid nightish wasnt too bad

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by 3G
I seen a civic/EL 96-00 silver that crashed on memorial by the zoo, looks like he lost control and hit the st george drive under pass, cops were already there so i didnt stop. memorial wasnt too bad i was doing 85-90 down there @ mid nightish wasnt too bad

I think I saw the same one... had some advan stickers and some rims on... and a huge spoon sticker on the back window?

SilverBoost
11-28-2006, 12:41 AM
-30 and slippery? Are you sure?

:D

max_boost
11-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Well he'll live and learn.
I wrote off my 00 Prelude in weather like this almost 5 years ago. Speeding down Glenmore at 140kms with bald RE92's.

Yup, not fun.

nos_efx
11-30-2006, 10:04 AM
He got what was coming to him, he's lucky he didnt hurt anybody.

nadroj23
12-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by harv91
Wow atleast you got out and helped. Man if i ever see an accident i'd help the person who ever it was. Alot of pricks just keep driving even though it could mean saving someones life. Makes me happy to know theres a few good guys out there :thumbsup:

this is honestly one of the many things i like calgary the most for. whenever there is an accident there are 10 cars pulled over ready to help....makes me glad to see people still care for others...there have been situations where i havent pulled over but thats becauyse there was already so many people there i would just be standing around.

but :thumbsup: to OP for being a stand up guy :D