PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!!! rx7 wont start!!!!

-QA-
11-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Help PLEASE!!! my car wont start...

i own a 1987 mazda rx7 N/A model

So the past few days the car has had a few problems starting up in the mornings... the battery has always been weak

2 days ago it was pretty rough and needed a jump start to get it going and yesterday i needed to boost start it...and finally today i try both and nothing!

I put in a new battery, gas line anti-freeze an the car turns but wont start...there is also this chuging sound as the motor turns.

dont know what to do... :confused:

PS

my garage is not insulated so i cant try and warm up the car either. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE?

azndragon1234
11-26-2006, 12:02 AM
could be your starter...since you got battery replace and all...and its a old car...

-QA-
11-26-2006, 12:04 AM
its not the starter...the motor turns but doesnt start meaning the starter is fine

swipey13
11-26-2006, 01:20 AM
so ur batteries arent dead? when u try starting the car, does the engine turn over? the motor could be flooded... rx7club.com people over there woule be able to help you:thumbsup:

sr20dets13
11-26-2006, 01:35 AM
man those things are so bad for winter..glad i sold mine lol
my guess is its probly flooded..try n coast down a hill n push
start it..see if that works...have you checked your oil and everything does anything seem to be unsusual?

swipey13
11-26-2006, 01:45 AM
^ yes, when i had mine, everything was fine, turning over not flooded, it stayed like that and it wasnt starting... then i decided to check my oil.. and there it was... no oil hahah. well almost no oil... check your oil... when mine didnt have oil it turned over but no start... filled it up and it started right away

turab16
11-26-2006, 01:56 AM
sometimes the feul is frozen if its too less...... i like to e line mine all the time :(

sr20dets13
11-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by -QA-
Help PLEASE!!! my car wont start...

i own a 1987 mazda rx7 N/A model

So the past few days the car has had a few problems starting up in the mornings... the battery has always been weak

2 days ago it was pretty rough and needed a jump start to get it going and yesterday i needed to boost start it...and finally today i try both and nothing!

I put in a new battery, gas line anti-freeze an the car turns but wont start...there is also this chuging sound as the motor turns.

dont know what to do... :confused:

PS

my garage is not insulated so i cant try and warm up the car either. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE?

i really doubt that would be it or the gas line anti freeze woulda
fixed that prob..unless hes totally outa gas..

swipey13
11-26-2006, 02:04 AM
indeed so u need to do is

check:
oil
gas
if its flooded ( unflood by pulling out egi fuse and crank over till all the fuel in the motor is gone or install fuel cut off switch... this is really handy for the rotaries... they love to flood )

i dont really want to get all technical in the unflooding part since that im too lazy to type all that crap hahah

atomic
11-26-2006, 03:13 AM
listen to swipey . it's flooded . pull the fuel pump fuse and try starting it . it'll catch and then run for a second, then put the fuse back in .

ercchry
11-26-2006, 03:19 AM
or your seals are gone. with mine they just went over night it sucked the car would start if you gave it some gas but would die as soon as you took your foot off and tons of smoke and ran really slow and rough.

-QA-
11-29-2006, 04:40 PM
OK the car is sitting in the garage...unfortunately my garage isnt heated so it's as if it's sitting outside.

I dont think it's the fuel because it was 3/4 full and i put in the gasline anti-freeze

Here's what i've done so far...

-new battery
-car is plugged in for the past few days
-Oil change
-tried to deflood (i have a fuel cut off switch and i tried the fuse)

at one point when it was cranking i heard a backfire but it didnt start :( could my exhaust somehow be clogged??? :confused:

Next im going to try spark plugs and im counting on thursdays -4 degrees to make the car warm enough to maybe start on its own.

ANYTHING ELSE ANYONE CAN THINK OFF THAT I CAN DO? :dunno:

ApexDrift
11-29-2006, 05:46 PM
get it towed to a mechanic and have it checked out...

:dunno:

best thing to do is go to the rx7club's FAQ page
and post a thread there maybe in the canadian forum... and your answer will come sooner or later...

Maxt
11-29-2006, 06:01 PM
pull the spark plugs, remove the egi fuse, turn it over with the plugs out to blow out the raw fuel.. The backfiring sounds like the plugs are fouled, dry them off, some times I burn the raw gas off plugs with a propane torch, give em a clean with a brush. REinstall. dont mix up the plug wires, the coil thats at the front of the car is the leading, those wires go to the bottom plugs, its a wasted spark setup, so either wire can go to either lower plug.
The trailing coil is near the brake booster booster those wires go to the to plugs, the front wire , front plug etc etc.

SinisterProbeGt
11-29-2006, 06:06 PM
pull your plugs clean them and dry fire them in the plug wire grounded on somthing to spark it.
While the plugs are out turn the car over. This should clear any vaopur lock and tell you if your seals are gone.
If you hear each section of the motor do 3 full revoultions you should be good.
Plugs back in, Fuel on and give it a try.
It always worked on my 88 rex when cold starting did not work.
Also there was a time I had semi-frozen oil. that will be hard for a rotary to turn through.

atomic
12-10-2006, 04:12 PM
lol omg this thread is f'n hilarious . two of us tell teh guy how to start his car by pulling a fuse . he doesn't understand enough about what we're saying so he thinks we're asking him to put more fuel in or something *Shrug* ... then two other ppl reply and ask him to pull his plugs and dry them off LOL

wtf!

-QA-
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
^^^^^ sall good man thanks for the help guys its working now :thumbsup:

atomic
12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
glad to hear . i still laugh when i read that maxt guy and the other suggesting to pull the plugs and dry them off .. LOL the best is burn the fuel with a propane torch . omg ROFL

rx7_turbo2
12-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by atomic
glad to hear . i still laugh when i read that maxt guy and the other suggesting to pull the plugs and dry them off .. LOL the best is burn the fuel with a propane torch . omg ROFL

Ya you're right that Maxt guy's a real retard. I mean he lives and works in Japan a couple months a year working at one of the best rotary specific shops building engines. He has a street driven peripheral port car, a 400+rwhp T51 bridgeport also street driven car, and has built the engines for the other high hp rotary cars on this forum. WTF does he know right? :rolleyes:

Maxt
12-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by atomic
Obviously you haven't got a fucking clue and a reading comprehension problem..