PDA

View Full Version : How a dealer cheats

Carboy
11-26-2006, 10:39 PM
g6QOZsIA3Uo

Slashin_
11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
its a suzuki i wouldn't believed the dealer if they told me they had a immobierzer(how ever u spell that) if its high end manufact then i would get it ie lexus,infiniti,benz,bmw..etc

Supa Dexta
11-27-2006, 08:50 AM
My yamaha has one, so suzuki could very well have them somewares in their lineup..

djayz
11-27-2006, 08:55 AM
doesnt the immobilizer have to be activated just like an alarm?

my civic has one and i can start it with duplicate keys but thats not what its there for. If i lock my car and open the door with the key and try to start the car it wont start. It has to be disarmed.

This guys alarm light was blinking so im guessing it was armed but i dont see how a spare key wont start it when there no chip in the master...meaning its just a regular key.

Carboy
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by djayz

my civic has one and i can start it with duplicate keys but thats not what its there for. If i lock my car and open the door with the key and try to start the car it wont start. It has to be disarmed.

This guys alarm light was blinking so im guessing it was armed but i dont see how a spare key wont start it when there no chip in the master...meaning its just a regular key.

the alarm light goes off no matter what key you use(I.E other suzuki sx4's keys), it is totally fake one.

arian_ma
11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by djayz

I think the way the immobilizer works is that there is a chip inside your key and THAT disables the immobilizer. Your civic probabyl doesn't have an immobilizer if you can turn the car on with a duplicate key unless you got a key with a chip in it and programmed the chip.

GQBalla
11-28-2006, 08:52 PM
^^^ werd...

i have a 2004 civic with immobilizer -

Carboy
12-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma

I think the way the immobilizer works is that there is a chip inside your key and THAT disables the immobilizer. Your civic probabyl doesn't have an immobilizer if you can turn the car on with a duplicate key unless you got a key with a chip in it and programmed the chip.
yes, that is right