PDA

View Full Version : manual transmission lock up?

riced
11-26-2006, 10:56 PM
hey guys

i've got an 06 honda civic coupe (non-si)

and its only about 6 months old, recently i was driving down crowchild and i was in 5th, approached a red light and tried to shift down to 4 and IT LOCKS UP. it only goes into neutral and back into fifth no matter how far i pushed the clutch or how hard i tried to put it in.

when its in neutral, the shifter doesnt move left and right freely like it should, so i sat there in the middle of the road with my hazards on trying to figure out whats going on.

and all of the sudden it works again... it happened about 5 times already, only when im in 5th for a while and try to downshift.

i've only got an injen CAI installed, i can't think of any way that the CAI would be getting in the way of the shifter, i even got my friend to shift gears while i took a look at the cables in the engine bay... nothing.

im taking it to the dealer tomorrow, do you think they'll blame it on the CAI? and has anyone else experienced this? my warranty should be bumper to bumper, but i dunno.

thanks!

Tik-Tok
11-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Lol, I'd like to see them try and blame a transmission lock-up on a CAI, maybe if it were a chevy or ford they would though.

Do what I do, take your mods off before bringing it to the dealership for warranty work, just in case.

h_s
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
put the stock intake if possible, but other than that maybe your shift linkage bushing is freezing up, happened to me..

CivicTunr
11-26-2006, 11:24 PM
its a civic, enough said :D

lol j/k civics are good, just not a fan of the non-si, just take the mods off before you go. haha but as posted a cai and linkage is nowhere near eachother, and only if they are a sketchy shop will they blame it on that

CivicDXR
11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the new civics using cables instead of a linkage? I'd be looking at the cable and if u possibly kinked it or bent in the wrong way during the CAI install... once its been bent and kinked, the cable will ever be the same and u will possible have to get a new one...