PDA

View Full Version : Stolen: Lexus 1UZ-FE engine

dogstar
11-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Im not sure if this is where a stolen item post goes.

I came home from dinner tonight and my garage lights are on.
This is not cool, as I havent been out there in a day or two.

Well, no one in the garage, but lots of stuff missing, most of it will go to a pawnshop im sure (cordless drill, some hand tools, ect), except one item that will be kinda hard to move.

Its a Lexus 1UZ-FE V8 engine, all aluminum, on a red engine stand.
not exactly something that most pawnshops are gonna give you $50 for, obviously someone knew who to sell it to, or is planning on using it in their car.

It looks a little something like this http://www.1uzfe.com/031204c.jpg
more pics avaliable here
http://www.1uzfe.com/engine_1.htm

If you see anyone trying to sell one, or someone gets drunk and brags about stealing one, lemme know please.
thanks all.

PS: this is up in the Edmonton area, but its not like Calgary is that far.

PPS: keep an eye on your shit this time of year folks, tis the season :(

EK 2.0
11-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Thread stickied for a lil more exposure...

Good luck with finding your mill mang...

AE92_TreunoSC
11-27-2006, 12:56 AM
that really sucks, I'll talk to some used toyota engine guys to keep an eye out for it

not many LS400s or tundras need motors though.

bmeier
11-27-2006, 01:03 AM
sorry to hear that.

Who knew you had the engine? someone came prepared because its not exactly the easiest or quickest thing to steal.

dogstar
11-27-2006, 02:28 AM
thanks for the sticky.

i doubt ill get it back, but i just dont want someone buying a stolen engine, nor do i want theives to profit from it.

itll probably end up getting sold for scrap at a recycler :(

as for who knew exactly what i had... maybe 10 people, ive got my own ideas for who, but i aint sayin nothin yet.

i agree though, its not exactly a common motor, only came in the GS400, LS400 and SC400, the tundra used an iron block variant.

Police
12-09-2006, 11:38 AM
it wont be sold for scrap, I highly doubt anyone would go through all the hassle of stealing a big V8 block just to sell for $20 haha