PDA

View Full Version : The Fountain

Sprinter
11-27-2006, 04:19 PM
I was excited to watch this movie... my buddy was hyping it up from day one... and the poster and even the trailer seemed interesting... I was just wondering what other people's reaction were when they saw this movie

DepTrotter
11-28-2006, 02:03 PM
that movie was the gheyest shit i ever seen, i laughed so hard at the end it was pathetic

hjr
11-28-2006, 03:35 PM
i like hugh jackman, but thats not enough considering nothing in the film looks interesting.

waypastfast
12-12-2006, 01:41 AM
saw it......terrible movie!!

ZorroAMG
12-12-2006, 01:57 AM
The movie's genre/subject matter is going to be an acquired taste. I think it looks fantastic....can't wait to see it...perhaps the actor's perspective on it makes it more attractive for me..

sputnik
12-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
The movie's genre/subject matter is going to be an acquired taste. I think it looks fantastic....can't wait to see it...perhaps the actor's perspective on it makes it more attractive for me..

Agreed.

Darren Aronofsky movies arent your typical run of the mill movies.

I personally thought Pi and Requiem were great movies and look forward to seeing The Fountain.

freakin
12-12-2006, 08:48 AM
The Fountain was a very beautiful and well written movie. The cinematography is amazing as well. Go in there expecting to think about the plot as you watch it and you'll enjoy it. The story is layered with reocuring metaphor all over it. Don't expect a Sci-Fi action movie like it was advertised. I have a feeling that 99% of the people on this site will not like it.

Like Sputnik says, Aronofsky is not your typical writer/director. If enjoy his previous stuff, then you'll enjoy this one.

DepTrotter
12-12-2006, 08:59 AM
requiem for a dream was good

but this movie was total garbage

you sit there and think about it, and then you laugh out loud because its the gheyest shit you ever heard or "thought" about

b_t
12-12-2006, 09:36 AM
well I would assume you just don't get it then.. and would rather have garbage spoon fed to you like most other movies do nowadays. God forbid you have to think in a movie!

DepTrotter
12-12-2006, 05:37 PM
mein kampf

Sprinter
12-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by freakin
The Fountain was a very beautiful and well written movie. The cinematography is amazing as well. Go in there expecting to think about the plot as you watch it and you'll enjoy it. The story is layered with reocuring metaphor all over it. Don't expect a Sci-Fi action movie like it was advertised. I have a feeling that 99% of the people on this site will not like it.

Like Sputnik says, Aronofsky is not your typical writer/director. If enjoy his previous stuff, then you'll enjoy this one.

I can understand what you are saying... and I did see all the re-occuring metaphors... its just that the end, to me at least, wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Indeed the cinematography was well done considering they didn't have the budget to use expensive technology (a friend told me that they used chemical reactions for the effects in the movie). The Fountain did not stand out as well as I expected it to, but this is considering the fact that I've never seen his other movies... I heard great things & I will definitely watch Pi and Requiem.