PDA

View Full Version : BMW GALLERY CROWFOOT... what a joke

.civictyper.
11-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced nothing but shit service from the crowfoot bmw gallery. I am a younger guy (19) and everytime i take my car there I am treated like shit.. no one is quick to help me. and they never take my business as a priority. I may be young but my money is as good as anyone elses. Their service department is so disorganized. I had to phone 5 times and leave 2 messages before finally getting a call that my car was done ( 9 hours later for an oil change) ... so go down to pick up the car and they parked a 5 series in front on mine and lost the keys so i had to sit there for an hour before they finally got it out....they did not even appologize. For such a high quality product and company they sure lack customer service and care... :thumbsdow

On a even worse note i took my car in last week for a winter service (oil change, check fluids, hoses etc.) and today i am on way to school and my rad hose blows off and cracks my rad due to frozen coolant.... they didnt even mention anything to me about the condition on my coolant when i took it in for service. like wtf... I wouldnt have mind paying to get it flushed.. now i am faced with a huge bill thanks to their incompetence.
well thats my frustration for the day...

Let me know if you share my feeling about the gallery.. or if you know a good service writer that i should go to for now on.

And if you can recommend any other places to get my bmw serviced. Thanks. :drama:

Rarasaurus
11-27-2006, 09:31 PM
I cant say i have had bad service but i think it is riduculous that if u call in to get something done on your car it takes 3 to 4 weeks to even get in.... I had to change my tranny fluid and install a block heater myself cause i for sure coudlnt have waited a month for the block heater...I would expect a little better service, also considering its bmw there should not be a month wait for work.

GQBalla
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
oh man scott - thats sucks to hear about your car - sighhhhh so stupid

bmw gallery ftl

SuPhistiKatEd
11-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Too many BMW owners, and not enough (or big enough) dealerships to handle them. One more location wouldn't hurt any, but both dealerships have far outgrown their locations, and the same goes for many others.

But I can understand the frustration. It takes my father 3-4 weeks to get in just to swap tires/oil change every spring/fall on his E46.

Weapon_R
11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Calgary BMW :thumbsup:

Great service there all the time. It helps going to one advisor and one parts guy so you build a good relationship.

rodman71
11-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Haven't had any problems myself when I've gone there, but I have heard that both dealerships (which are owned by the same person BTW) have various problems. With no competition they don't need to improve I guess. But since hearing some of the horror stories I decided to start taking my car somewhere else. Try Sheni's Auto-Trend, they've gotten a very good name in the forum and I've had nothing but good service from them.

Good luck,
RM

stefan15
11-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeh, I'm 20 and get all of 0 respect at Calgary BMW.. stopped going there a LONG time ago. I go to www.autopartsonlinecanada.com for parts and if I need service or parts installed that I can't do myself I take it to Sheni's Autotrend... and they are really cool about everything. Expensive, and somewhat higher labour amounts (ie: longer to complete relatively basic tasks.. I do say relatively) but they do excellent work.

I too am confused about the whole block heater situation, and whether or not to do inline coolant etc. I think I am going to slap a polar pad on my oil tank etc.

Justing
11-27-2006, 11:44 PM
:thumbsdow BMW gallery for teh lose. Everytime i call for the service department i have to specifically ask for a real person or you will not get a call back.
For a better and more reliable BMW service shop try sheni's autotrend.

GT4rally
11-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
But I can understand the frustration. It takes my father 3-4 weeks to get in just to swap tires/oil change every spring/fall on his E46.

According to the BMW service department, the huge numbers of people that can't (or won't) change their own winter wheels over is the reason for the 2-3 week wait.

rodman71
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by GT4rally

According to the BMW service department, the huge numbers of people that can't (or won't) change their own winter wheels over is the reason for the 2-3 week wait.

LOL, That's a good one. In June I wanted to get a general inspection done at the Gallery and it was a 3 week wait then. :S

They just don't care 'cause they think we have no choice but to go for their crappy service.

Never again...

RM

funkedelic
11-28-2006, 12:13 AM
yeah they suck, i called in for an inquiry and they were suposse to call me back towards the end of the day.. they never did. I guess they don't take anyone younger then 30 seriously.

msommers
11-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by .civictyper.
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced nothing but shit service from the crowfoot bmw gallery. I am a younger guy (19) and everytime i take my car there I am treated like shit.. no one is quick to help me. and they never take my business as a priority. I may be young but my money is as good as anyone elses. Their service department is so disorganized. I had to phone 5 times and leave 2 messages before finally getting a call that my car was done ( 9 hours later for an oil change) ... so go down to pick up the car and they parked a 5 series in front on mine and lost the keys so i had to sit there for an hour before they finally got it out....they did not even appologize. For such a high quality product and company they sure lack customer service and care... :thumbsdow

On a even worse note i took my car in last week for a winter service (oil change, check fluids, hoses etc.) and today i am on way to school and my rad hose blows off and cracks my rad due to frozen coolant.... they didnt even mention anything to me about the condition on my coolant when i took it in for service. like wtf... I wouldnt have mind paying to get it flushed.. now i am faced with a huge bill thanks to their incompetence.

Let me know if you share my feeling about the gallery.. or if you know a good service writer that i should go to for now on.

And if you can recommend any other places to get my bmw serviced. Thanks. :drama:

Would you mind writing a small blurb on here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151370&highlight=mechanic+thread

2m0a0x2
11-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Gallery sucks.

signature7
11-28-2006, 09:24 PM
i've never had a major problem especially when the price was worth over a grand they had no problem helping me but i remember when i was asking for clips which cost 2 dollars a piece the guy acted like an asshole like he was doing me a huge favor...

hingkit
11-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I want to voice the positives for the gallery:
- As like all places, they are short in staff and the wait time is long... but service is still good.
- I recieve a loaner every time I bring my car in, even for something small like a oil change. (Recived a new 530xi last oil change)
- I left a voice mail to their service department last Friday and they called me back within an hour. However, thier next booking available is not for another 3 weeks though.
- Its my second vehicle from them and I am in the 20s.
- IMO .... overall experience with them have been good .... just don't let them wash your car if u don't want swirls =).

ShOwOfF
11-29-2006, 12:42 AM
I vouch for gallery too, i've had great service. Most recently, I had to wait 2 weeks to get my car in for an oil change but they offered me a saturday as an alternative, but I wasn't able to make that. It took about 2 hours and at the one hour mark, I got a visit from my service writer in the lounge to let me know that it was going to take another little while and asked if he could buy me a coffee. I couldn't ask for more.

.civictyper.
11-30-2006, 12:00 AM
hmm intresting, they have had my car for three days now.. never offered me a loaner.. but they did give me a thousand dollar bill for a new rad. :dunno:

BigMass
11-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ShOwOfF
I vouch for gallery too, i've had great service. Most recently, I had to wait 2 weeks to get my car in for an oil change but they offered me a saturday as an alternative, but I wasn't able to make that. It took about 2 hours and at the one hour mark, I got a visit from my service writer in the lounge to let me know that it was going to take another little while and asked if he could buy me a coffee. I couldn't ask for more.

i could. Mr. Lube 15 min, free coffee and newspaper, great service and perfect oil change.

IncredibleToad
11-30-2006, 12:22 AM
sorry to hear scotty, ps i stil havent seen any of the cars yet, WASUPWIDAT!?!?

canadian_hustla
11-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by .civictyper.

yeah I am 23 and I am not a fan either, back when i owned my 7'er and went to get parts at the parts counter they would spend at least 5-10min on the phone making me wait. I would basically be forced to browse their expensive BMW paraphanalia.

The only good thing is that they wash your car for you before they give it back after a servicing.

canadian_hustla
11-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

yeah I am 23 and I am not a fan either, back when i owned my 7'er and went to get parts at the parts counter they would spend at least 5-10min on the phone making me wait. I would basically be forced to browse their expensive BMW paraphanalia.

The only good thing is that they wash your car for you before they give it back after a servicing.

plus i had a buddy who used to work there, apparently he accidentally had a small fender bender with some of the display cars, anyways they told him he would have to pay it back in cash or they would garnish some of his wage.

they ended up not giving him his last paycheck as a result of this.

smontyLS1
11-30-2006, 12:47 AM
they've always been good to my dad. the long wait time is everywhere, stadium nissan is booking at least 2 weeks in advance and there are 3 other dealerships. at the x5 launch they said the new service department in the south is going to have 27 working bays. If they have enough smart techs to work there I think this waiting game wont be an issue,

2m0a0x2
11-30-2006, 05:51 PM
For me, they're actually very nice. Always on time with everything, returning it clean, respectful, everything.

However, ti's a different story for my dad. When he brings his car in, they are so absolutely stupid it's not even funny. They don't know about any TSB's, and they refused to do a TSB even when my dad printed it out and handed it to them. And then, they wouldn't honor a tire recall that hit some of the earlier run-flat tires on the early E60's. My dad had to go through dunlop for that, and got resistance from gallery's service manager the whole time until they finally did it.

Another time, my dads buddy bought his 7 in and they lost his license plate. He had to go get a new plate himself. My question is.... WHY was his plate gone? Were they using his car as a demo? Probably.

XylathaneGTR
11-30-2006, 06:06 PM
I brought a vehicle there to have a quick inspection before i was going to buy it. I made the apointment with them, and gave them EVERY single detail about the car, and the owners name and phone numbers. He called me later that day to inform me he dropped the car off. The inspection was supposed to be done the next morning. The tech/service writer guy assured me it would be done at 8clock, and would take about an hour. On my way to work that morning, i stopped by the dealership at about 830 hoping to catch the car on the lift.
I walk in, and they had NO fucking idea what i was talking about. So after talking with them for quite a while, they FINALLY let me go down to the basement, and sure enough, there was the car sitting there, all alone. I made a work order for this car and they allowed me to prepay for the work the day before, yet they had NO record of ANY of this being done. While i was there, the owner called me and asked what was up at BMW. They called him at about 7 that morning and left him a voicemail asking why his car was there. WTF?
So it took about an hour and a half for them to finally fucking get everything going and figure things out. So i got a call later that day with the results of this inspection. One of the things the guy i was dealing with earlier that morning said that the rear 3rd brake light wasn't working, and they weren't sure why and it would be about 400 dollars for them to figure out why. I found this a little odd...why? BECAUASE THAT VEHICLE NEVER EVEN CAME WITH A 3RD REAR BRAKE LIGHT. So i was a little surprised that the tech quoted me on something that this series never even had. So i went down there after work and the man i originally booked this with was there, and explained to me that the guy doing this inspection was new, and might have made a mistake. Yeah, i can see that, but the car never even had this part, so how he told me it wasn't working and quoted me on it when it was plainly obvious (he even described to me what they would do to fix it) made me really question the rest of the inspection.
I'm still kicking myself for not buying this car, but the reason i didn't was because of the rest of the results of the inspection (there were a lot of small suspension issues that i didn't want to deal with, and the total sum came to around 4,000 w/ labor. eff that.) But if this noob ass tech was too retarded to catch something so obvious as the 3rd rear light, did he screw up the rest of this too?

I've heard a lot of good stories and i even have friends that work there, but i've heard some pretty fucking bad stories too. ugh.

bspot
11-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Whats the difference between a porcupine and a BMW dealership?

:D

I heard they charge over $80 to put on winter wheels. $60 to install a fog light bulb. What a joke.

Dayclone
11-30-2006, 06:39 PM
The Calgary BMW gave me good service and I'm only 17...
but honestly oil changes and stuff like that takes a long time...
plus their moving to a newer location.

Steve

stevo31
12-01-2006, 12:12 AM
yeah ive always HATED the service there
im only 16 and i definitley realize they know i cant afford a new bimmer but fuck i spend more there than most of their other customers and i still get treated like shit.
the people at the parts deparment just dont take me seriously at all and always loose parts and screw things up.
a GREAT place to bring bimmers is to 2squared. The people there are super nice and there work is excellent. They specialize in german cars and youll save a bit of money as well. The overall service and quality there is much better and a bit cheeper than the gallery.

2002civic
12-01-2006, 05:23 PM
yeah i'm 21 and its the same and my dads gone to them with his e46 since they opened and he has great things to say

max_boost
12-01-2006, 11:49 PM
I called 3-4 times and left multiple messages for the business manager and he never called me back. Oh well!

Other than that, saleswise, Malcolm is awesome. No experience with service as I bring my car to CAlgary BMW since it's very close to work.

old&slow
12-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Maybe they are breaking down too much nowadays and the garages cant keep up with all the new business! :)

GT4rally
12-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, I had my car at Gallery last week for sevice and they were GREAT! My service rep, Jason, bent over backwards to make sure my car was done right.

The surprising part was that my car was looking a little rough (since the paint had quite a few cratches and parking lot rub marks) and when I got the car back, not only did they wash it, but it had been power polished!!!! I didn't ask them to do that and I wasn't charged for it! Sweeeeet!

SpoonEK9@STRD
12-03-2006, 04:07 PM
(-20) Silver Hill Acura. Worst dealership on the planet, sold us a brand new lemon, it was back in the mechanic shop ever 2 weeks because the engine light kept lighting up...we hardly got to drive the vehicle
(0) Stadium nissan mechanics, good too deal with. Mechianic work was clean, but all my clips were broken, factory intake wasnt installed properly. Vacuum lines wernt clamped properly.
majorly disapointed to see all the clips broken.
(-1) Brasso nissan, worst service sales people...very rude. period.
(+1) Sunridge nissan, kam at parts is wicked to deal with...

2002civic
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
(-20) Silver Hill Acura. Worst dealership on the planet, sold us a brand new lemon, it was back in the mechanic shop ever 2 weeks because the engine light kept lighting up...we hardly got to drive the vehicle
(0) Stadium nissan mechanics, good too deal with. Mechianic work was clean, but all my clips were broken, factory intake wasnt installed properly. Vacuum lines wernt clamped properly.
majorly disapointed to see all the clips broken.
(-1) Brasso nissan, worst service sales people...very rude. period.
(+1) Sunridge nissan, kam at parts is wicked to deal with...
hmm isnt there a thread about other dealerships? i think this is BMW specific as its in the BMW section of the forums and talks about the BMW gallery

MrPid
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
.... It takes my father 3-4 weeks to get in just to swap tires/oil change every spring/fall on his E46.

There are plenty of shops (and even sponsors of this board) that are more than capable of handling these relatively simple tasks that are at techically competent levels equivalent or better than a BMW dealership...

why persist? Does the B in BMW stand for brainwash?

.civictyper.
12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
fuck i just spent 1100 for a new rad and block heater.. and i get in my car today and the check control comes on telling me to check the coolant... so i look in the resevoir and there was no coolant in it ... like wtf. you think they would do the job right??? :thumbsdow

the only good thing i got out of my experience at the gallery was a free car wash lol... im sure it was included in that $1100 bill :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Loose
12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Damn, I did the rad on my car and it about $350 in parts with a new rad, hoses, and fluid, and no warning lights at all...

I hate dealers...

tapout
12-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Great service there all the time. It helps going to one advisor and one parts guy so you build a good relationship.

:werd: calgay bmw ftw

DC328is
12-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

those fools at Calgary BMW screwed up my car.
they were suppose to buff a part they scratched
they msutve used a really dirty pads that was dipped in sand.

they basically sanded down my car... got them re repaint it.

wts
12-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Stop your whining and just go buy a Lexus.

Justing
12-13-2006, 07:21 PM
^^ But i'm not a 60 year old man that can't handle too much stimulation.;)

.civictyper.
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Stop your whining and just go buy a Lexus.

thinking about it lol

Dayclone
01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeh some people these days at dealerships are gay.

They like to jump to conclusions heh but yeh goodluck!

2shy4u
01-11-2007, 06:25 PM
BMW = German = import parts = Expensive costs.

Quit your bitching if you cant afford to get a BMW, and pay for it when it breaks. Get something cheaper next time.

Or get a mustang. i know all you import fans hate domestics.. but hey they are cheap. so cant beat that.

andres_mt
01-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 2shy4u
BMW = German = import parts = Expensive costs.

Quit your bitching if you cant afford to get a BMW, and pay for it when it breaks. Get something cheaper next time.

Or get a mustang. i know all you import fans hate domestics.. but hey they are cheap. so cant beat that.

WOOSAH!

Time to loosen the jock-strap.

Whitetiger
01-11-2007, 07:31 PM
:rofl:

bg_27
01-12-2007, 04:11 PM
i have never had a problem with crowfoot, my parents and my brother haven't had problems there either, I have a lot of friends who service their bmw's at the gallery and never had any problems.

An example is my brother (20 yrs old) took his e46 3series in recently to crowfoot, to get a part replaced, they told him it could be done the same day, they called at the end of the day and said it wouldn't be done and they didnt have any loaners but they went out and rented him an enterprise rental car till his car was ready in 2 days, he didnt even have to ask.

phrozeone
01-12-2007, 04:34 PM
whats the problem? just find a differant shop, there is more then one place to get shit done. who gives a shit? obviously alot of people in this thread :poosie:

sexterhardon
02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
I was just in there today, and same thing as some of the other guys, i walk in, two guys sitting there look up and just look back down by the service entrance. I guess same thing as you guys, its because im 18. I got quoted at 800 for new rotors in the front and machine the rears with new pads at one place, and when i called bmw, they said 700 for new rotors all around and new pads and new sensors. When i told this to the other guys, they said it was a pretty sketch deal, and to watch and see. So after having it done (with terrible service, someone talked about if you miss the shuttle they will give you a cab --- not for me. I waited around for an hour and a half for a ride to the u of c) i checked the rear rotors, and there is rust around the outside. Now i am pretty sketch about that, so if anyone knows whether or not thats "normal" for new rotors to have rust spots around the outside i would love to know. For things like this it isnt even the money, its just these smug fuckers who treat you like shit and then try to rip you off because you are young...

so yea is rust around the outside normal on brand new rotors?

QuasarCav
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sexterhardon
I was just in there today, and same thing as some of the other guys, i walk in, two guys sitting there look up and just look back down by the service entrance. I guess same thing as you guys, its because im 18. I got quoted at 800 for new rotors in the front and machine the rears with new pads at one place, and when i called bmw, they said 700 for new rotors all around and new pads and new sensors. When i told this to the other guys, they said it was a pretty sketch deal, and to watch and see. So after having it done (with terrible service, someone talked about if you miss the shuttle they will give you a cab --- not for me. I waited around for an hour and a half for a ride to the u of c) i checked the rear rotors, and there is rust around the outside. Now i am pretty sketch about that, so if anyone knows whether or not thats "normal" for new rotors to have rust spots around the outside i would love to know. For things like this it isnt even the money, its just these smug fuckers who treat you like shit and then try to rip you off because you are young...

Short answer: Yes.

sexterhardon
02-13-2007, 07:32 PM
yes they ripped me off or yes rust is normal, i checked about 10 minutes after they gave it to me

scat19
02-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Ive been there a plenty (gallery), im 19 presently, been there when I was 17....

I've had the cab home (all the way out to springbank) if there is no shuttle, or courtesy driven with a new car by some guy...

Not a bad experience, but since i've become really knowledagble about this car DIY is a big thing now, want it done right, do it yourself.

Kaos
02-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Considering they left your car outside, where it's snowing, rust will happen. Its not plated with anything to prevent rust. It's normal.

Hollywood
02-17-2007, 10:43 AM
yes they ripped me off or yes rust is normal, i checked about 10 minutes after they gave it to me

The rust will occur if the rotors are exposed to other metals, things like water, hands etc. It means the rotors were not treated which are a cheaper type. I have aftermarket dipped rotors and no rust ever. I even dont drive the car much so its left wet for weeks on end, still no rust.

I hate rusty rotors its a pet peive of mine.

I was thinking about getting a 335i coupe. But I seldomly hear positive things about BMW dealerships and service AFTER buying one. Someone can say take it to the other bmw dealerships but it becomes and inconvenience since i am closer to crowfoot. As time goes buy I lean more towards the evo X instead...

:dunno: