PDA

View Full Version : Compustar

HRD2PLZ
07-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Anyone know a good place (price and install wise) that sells either a compustar or something similar?

Thanks

gpomp
07-18-2002, 03:23 PM
A&B sound.

speedracer
07-18-2002, 04:43 PM
I'm looking for one too.
Compustar.

GT2NV
07-18-2002, 07:06 PM
yeah go to a&b, i can get you cost +10% as long as you get kronyk to hook me up with intake:thumbsup:

CRXguy
07-18-2002, 07:25 PM
I got mine done at Auto Dream.......very cheap!! I don't think you can get that kinda price anymore though, since they've changed owners.

Fluidic
07-18-2002, 07:35 PM
For my Explorer (way back in the day) I went to Impressions Auto Designz, purchased it from them and also had them install it... good price... great service... and splendid install work...

:) :thumbsup:

Peter

buh_buh
07-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
For my Explorer (way back in the day) I went to Impressions Auto Designz, purchased it from them and also had them install it... good price... great service... and splendid install work...

:) :thumbsup:

Peter
how much is a great price?

Fluidic
07-18-2002, 08:19 PM
HAHAHA... I dunno... like 450 or 500 installed...

It was a long time ago... back in my Ford Explorer driving days...

jaylo
07-18-2002, 11:35 PM
auto dream, I can hook u up w/ a very good deal...

van
07-18-2002, 11:56 PM
Yeah for the Rav4, my mother got her compustar alarm for 500 bucks on sale. haha

max_boost
07-19-2002, 01:10 AM
Yah I need to get myself a compu-star alarm too! I had one on my Prelude and my sister has one on her Impreza.
I think I'm going to A&B sound in Shawnessy since I know the installer there

speedracer
07-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by jaylo
Hook me up :thumbsup: but I don't want install as I can do it myself.

buh_buh
07-19-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by jaylo
hey hook me up too

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-19-2002, 03:28 AM
yeah go to a&b, i can get you cost +10% as long as you get kronyk to hook me up with intake

Yah i get the same type of deal at a&b but i think its Cost + 10 Points not percent and the point value changes from department to department

Kronyk
07-19-2002, 03:35 PM
Yeah I, know to of the guys that work in car audio in A&B in Shawnessy too, so I guess your out of luck black94gt. But I"m meeting up with the guy from integration tonight so ill talk to him for ya.

Import_Girl
07-19-2002, 04:02 PM
auto dream we supply and install compustar for 550...if your vehicle has a chip in the key than you need to bring us an extra key or we can get one for you for $80...it suggested that installation of starters be done soon because around the middle of august instalation of compustar is crazy busy....

speedracer
07-19-2002, 04:44 PM
So how much would it cost for just the Compustar (gen 3)?

HRD2PLZ
07-19-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Import_Girl
auto dream we supply and install compustar for 550...if your vehicle has a chip in the key than you need to bring us an extra key or we can get one for you for $80...it suggested that insalation of starters be done soon because around the middle of august instalation of compustar is crazy busy....
Does that include keyless entry and remote start or are those extra? Whats the average install time?

jaylo
07-21-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

Hook me up :thumbsup: but I don't want install as I can do it myself.

Yeah just come down @ Auto Dream, Import_girl will be there, but I don't know about not installing it there, he likes to do installs all the time...

jaylo
07-21-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

hey hook me up too

Actually talk 2 Import_Girl she will hook u up w/ the compustar's

REdOX
07-21-2002, 10:05 PM
Any word on the new compustar with the vibrating remote?

jaylo
07-21-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by REdOX
Any word on the new compustar with the vibrating remote?

nope none yet

REdOX
07-21-2002, 11:58 PM
Damn.. I really want that one. I'm thinking of trading in my 2000AS model for that one. The range increased considerably after they switched to the different freq. band and it's nice to have it when you're at a movie theatre or church or something.

Last I heard there was problems getting FCC compliance due to high amount of radio waves packed into that small remote.. I heard it wasn't safe.

sexualbanana
07-22-2002, 09:38 PM
i was supposed to get some foglights installed at autodream today, but something came up and i completely missed the appointment. hope they're not mad. import girl, do u work at the cash??

HRD2PLZ
07-23-2002, 08:28 AM
Okay, I'm ready for my compustar now! Suppose I need to go buy one and book my install date...:dunno:

eightfive
07-23-2002, 10:43 PM
computstars don't work, thefts know how to get threw them..WATCH OUT!!!!

REdOX
07-23-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by eightfive

If it pages me and I run to my car and see someone messing with it I'd say it works well.

Is there some way that it will not page me?

As with all alarm system, it is a theft deterrant.. not a guarantee.

max_boost
07-24-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by eightfive
Peace of Mind!

HRD2PLZ
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Thiefs can pretty much bypass anything. An alarm is merely a deterrent and like max_boost said, its peace of mind for the owner of the car :dunno: Just my .02

szw
07-24-2002, 02:15 PM
And you get a nifty key-fob. And we all love gadgets don't we??

Import_Girl
07-24-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
i was supposed to get some foglights installed at autodream today, but something came up and i completely missed the appointment. hope they're not mad. import girl, do u work at the cash??

awwww...you missed your apointment....how awfull....haha..just jokin..at the cash? you mean reception? yes i do all of the ordering and customer service/.....pretty much everything except major installs, but there are a few that i can do....

as for the compustar, $550 basic install install....$580 with everything(door locks)..no major difference, just door lock...but if you have a newer vehicle and your key has the chip then you need to bring us a key or we can get you one for $80....feel free to call auto dream if you have any questions

GT2NV
07-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

Yah i get the same type of deal at a&b but i think its Cost + 10 Points not percent and the point value changes from department to department
no its 10% i used to work there:thumbsup:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-24-2002, 07:34 PM
which a&b did you work at ?

silvercivicsir
07-28-2002, 12:45 AM
hmm Autodream I've seen some of his installs and well I say you get what you pay for. Hack hack hack..

buh_buh
07-29-2002, 01:04 AM
really? I've heard good and bad things about their installs.....

Import_Girl
07-29-2002, 10:57 AM
there is a new owner now...all of the instalers are really good, and they take there time. All of the people at auto dream are new,none of the old employees are here. You dont have to worry now, the new owner is extreamly good and has been doing this line of work for a very long time...

HRD2PLZ
07-29-2002, 12:27 PM
I was told at a&b that Auto Dream were hackers too...

Heres some prices I was quoted:

A&B Sound
$759 installed w/keyless entry
- remote start not available for a standard
- trunk output extra

Audio Concepts
$900 installed w/keyless entry
- w/remote start
- trunk output extra

Auto Temp
$779 installed
- w/remote start
- trunk output extra

All these prices were quoted on a 1999 Honda Accord EX 5-speed. Prices don't include GST. Prices also include by-passing factory security system.

Import_Girl
07-29-2002, 02:15 PM
I had my compustar installed at Auto Dream by the old owner, and after i started working for the NEW OWNER they took a look under the dash while they were installing a new stereo, and OMG it was such a mess....so i completly agree with you about the quality of work they used to do, but honestly our new insallers are some of the best that there are, they have worked at other import shops and have lots of experience...OMG $900 for compustar is CRAZY....:nut: Instilation is guerenteed against defects....I htink that if Nguyen (new owner) can install a engine, he can install a compustar....It is a difficult tast to clear Auto Dreams name after the old owner butchered it, i think the only way we are going to get arpund it is to change the name......any ideas

max_boost
07-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I was told at a&b that Auto Dream were hackers too...

Heres some prices I was quoted:

A&B Sound
$759 installed w/keyless entry
- remote start not available for a standard
- trunk output extra

The CompuStar system works with a standard. I would know cause I had it installed on my Prelude.

HRD2PLZ
07-29-2002, 06:08 PM
I know, but A&B won't hook up the remote start feature, which is :bullshit: cuz everyone else does :madred:

CRXguy
07-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Tell them to go fuck themselves then. What's the point of buying the CompuStar if they're not gonna hook it up?:thumbsdow :banghead:

HRD2PLZ
07-29-2002, 06:38 PM
I did :D He mumbled something about the remote start feature is unsafe because lots of people with a 5-speed park in gear. And when the car is started via remote, it'll jump :dunno: I never park in gear...

buh_buh
07-29-2002, 08:16 PM
you should park in gear at least on hills.

HRD2PLZ
07-29-2002, 11:57 PM
I do if I'm on the driveway at home or on the hill at work. Other than that I generally don't. I'm trying not to get in the habit of always parking in gear, so in the winter I don't leave it in gear and use the remote start.

max_boost
07-30-2002, 12:05 AM
I did :D He mumbled something about the remote start feature is unsafe because lots of people with a 5-speed park in gear. And when the car is started via remote, it'll jump :dunno: I never park in gear...

LOL That is lame

You can use the remote start on a standard car, sure you have to leave the gear in neutral but that is why you use the E-Brake!!!

I'm shocked that A&B sound won't install on a 5speed car

buh_buh
07-30-2002, 01:23 AM
yeah, but your supposed to park it in gear so in case the e-brake fails, your car won't go rolling anywhere. Just a precaution.

CRXguy
07-30-2002, 10:02 AM
yeah, but your supposed to park it in gear so in case the e-brake fails, your car won't go rolling anywhere. Just a precaution.

With the Compustar, you'll have to start parking it in neutral. I just try to avoid really steep inclines and such now.

szw
07-30-2002, 07:03 PM
A lot of places won't install on 5speeds cuz of the liability, but you can always find some places that will do it for you.

buh_buh
07-31-2002, 04:43 PM
how much is it for the Compustar not installed?

speedracer
07-31-2002, 04:50 PM

Well, it's an extra relay installed to prevent that (which by law now must be done). He prob failed simple electronics class :nut: or was just lazy or more likely a HACK.:guns:

Import_Girl
07-31-2002, 06:07 PM
It is safe to install compustar on a 5speed ...it doesnt make any difference because the starter has to be set in order to work...if you leave your car in gear you wont be able to start it....so you have the choice to use it ir not....cuz to set it you need to pull the e-brake then shut off the car.....there is no way it will start when you are in gear....imposible..so it is very safe...the only thing is that if you put your car in gear you just cant use the starter that time.....

We just recieved the new vibrating compustar....we hav installed one so far.....it is so sweet..the remote is a bit bigger than the last generation ....but the starting range is 1.25 miles...thats hella pimpin....$650 installed.....thats a sweet ass deal considering it brand new......:hitit:

CRXguy
07-31-2002, 06:20 PM
We just recieved the new vibrating compustar....we hav installed one so far.....it is so sweet..the remote is a bit bigger than the last generation ....but the starting range is 1.25 miles...thats hella pimpin....$650 installed.....thats a sweet ass deal considering it brand new......:hitit:

Oh shiiiiit. Time for me to buy a new toy!!!:D :thumbsup:

Ben
07-31-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Oh shiiiiit. Time for me to buy a new toy!!!:D :thumbsup:
Sell me the old

CRXguy
07-31-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Benny
Sell me the old

Who said anything about selling my old one?

REdOX
07-31-2002, 09:59 PM

Sweeeeet! I've been waiting for it since I first heard about it last October. Are you going to be there tomorrow (Thursday)? I wanna check it out.

REdOX
07-31-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Benny

Sell me the old

If I get the new one I might be selling my old one (2000AS model)

max_boost
07-31-2002, 10:14 PM
It is safe to install compustar on a 5speed ...it doesnt make any difference because the starter has to be set in order to work...if you leave your car in gear you wont be able to start it....so you have the choice to use it ir not....cuz to set it you need to pull the e-brake then shut off the car.....there is no way it will start when you are in gear....imposible..so it is very safe...the only thing is that if you put your car in gear you just cant use the starter that time.....

Oh dam that is such a sweet ass deal!! I think I need to get myself one of these!!

And is it $650+tax or includes tax?

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2002, 08:13 AM
I gotta go in and buy the compustar and make my install appointment now...ooohh, vibrating remote :D

silvercivicsir
08-01-2002, 03:08 PM
Hey guys how about a group buy? I think I have two people intersted in buying the alarm system. and if you guys want one too. maybe they can offer us a group discount ?

max_boost
08-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
Hey guys how about a group buy? I think I have two people intersted in buying the alarm system. and if you guys want one too. maybe they can offer us a group discount ?

Actually that sounds like a awesome idea. Count me in, anytime!

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm all over that. Makes 4 now?

Import_Girl
08-01-2002, 04:47 PM
If you guys want to do it at Auto Dream I am more than willing to hook you guys up...We are getting more in on wed next week. Because they are so hard to get and in very high demand they will go very fast once again, so if you guys want to do it that soon let me no the latest by tuesday next week and i'll hold them for you,,,,,you guys will be one of the first groups to get them. PIMPIN BABY..haha...anyway...the more people that get in on it the better the deal i can give you guys.

Another bonus of doing it quick is that For the MONTH OF AUGUST ONLY OUR PRICE IS $650 INSTALLED. After that it will be $730 installed......

the reason for this is that it is our product of the month....so if yuo want it there couldent be a better time than now...so let me how many if you are interested and i'll work out a price

Import_Girl
08-01-2002, 04:49 PM
For the vehicles that have chip in there key it is a little bit more but because not every one's vehicle has it i'll give the group price and then those who require the seperate modual can do that on there own, i think it is around $60-$80..

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2002, 04:54 PM
I'll definately take one. What are your hours? If you close at 6pm I won't be able to make it in until August 10th.

Import_Girl
08-01-2002, 06:07 PM
auto dream hrs are 10 am - 7:30 pm week days and saturday 11:00am - 5:00 pm......

Is any one else interested in group buy??

sexualbanana
08-01-2002, 06:49 PM
wish i had money

silvercivicsir
08-01-2002, 07:01 PM
i Just want the unit no install. can you get me a price ?

HRD2PLZ
08-01-2002, 07:09 PM
Yep, I will definately do it!

buh_buh
08-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Count me in for the group buy.
Is this for the vibrating remote one?

max_boost
08-01-2002, 10:36 PM
Ok guys, I think BuhBuh and I are going down to autodream this saturday so if you guys are serious, show the $$$ haha

buh_buh
08-01-2002, 10:39 PM
does that price include tax?

max_boost
08-01-2002, 10:41 PM
does that price include tax?

How about we pay cash and no tax! That comment just confirmed that I am asian haha

B18C
08-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

How about we pay cash and no tax! That comment just confirmed that I am asian haha

hahaha....it funny because it's true

szw
08-02-2002, 03:12 AM
So is it 650 or is there a group deal?

Also interested in just the unit, w/o install.

How about other, older units? How much are those forsale?

Doesn't even need to be compustar...a better alarm w/o starter is a-ok with me. Let me know whats available, thanks!

HRD2PLZ
08-02-2002, 08:11 AM
If I don't go away this weekend I can go down tomorrow (saturday) and show some $$$. I guess tha makes 3 of us for the group buy so far...

CRXguy
08-02-2002, 03:33 PM
If it's cash and no tax, I'm in!!

HRD2PLZ
08-02-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
If it's cash and no tax, I'm in!!

My Asian side is all over that!:rofl:

I think we all just want to know how much of a better deal do we get with a group buy? We already know the price for August is $650-ish installed. But, whats the price for the group buy?

speedracer
08-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Ok guys, I think BuhBuh and I are going down to autodream this saturday so if you guys are serious, show the $$$ haha

hehehe busted!

I want in too but no install. I like to do my own install on my car.

HRD2PLZ
08-02-2002, 03:48 PM
I'll go up on Saturday. Turns out I'm not going to go away this weekend, weather sucks.

Import_Girl
08-02-2002, 04:39 PM
we wont have the alarms in untill wed though.....i need a ## of how many there will be then i can work out the price for you guys.......and as per the GST well.....MAx boost i pm you already......but you guys seem to no the drill:burnout:

Import_Girl
08-02-2002, 04:42 PM
The old compustar goes for $550 installed....and if your key has a chip then you need a seperate module which is like $80....

most basic alarm we have is the autopage....i had one on my old car it not bad......it is $200installed

then we have Viper which is around $280 installed and the prices go up from there

buh_buh
08-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Import Girl, you should start a new thread asking who's in on this group buy.
So does the price include install? Is it any cheaper without install?

exr90
08-03-2002, 06:10 PM
yes, what is the price w/o install
there might be people who can afford to buy the alarm now, and install later...
also, i might have friends in Van. who might jump on this deal

btw, i got the 2WFM-AS for $325 taxes in + shipping from Toronto on a group buy

i also agree, you should start a new thread with details
and give people some notice, couple weeks min
:dunno: i dont know how you guys do things here....

eg.
Potential Buyers<10 $$alarm price + $$install price
PB > 10 $$alarm price + $$install price
PB > 20 $$alarm price + $$install price
etc...

Dirty_SOHC
08-03-2002, 07:29 PM
I am interested in the GB

TomTom
08-06-2002, 05:06 PM
you guys should consider waiting another month or so till DEI comes out with there new fm wireless 2way alarm. just a thought.

HRD2PLZ
08-06-2002, 11:07 PM
:dunno: too late for me. Everyone I know with a compustar is happy with it, so, I guess I'll jump on their bandwagon too...:rofl:

Import_Girl
08-07-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
hmm Autodream I've seen some of his installs and well I say you get what you pay for. Hack hack hack..

Excuse me but I am the new owner of Auto Dream since june first of this year. None of phong's old installer stayed working for me due to this reason. So don't comment my store this way again! untill you see hacks leaving my shop as of june 01. I install for seven years around calgary, and I do take pride in my work.

boi-alien
08-07-2002, 10:47 AM
i'd like the unit with no install

buh_buh
08-07-2002, 11:20 AM
crxboi, join our group buy.
it'll be cheaper that way.

boi-alien
08-07-2002, 11:22 AM
crxboi, join our group buy.
it'll be cheaper that way.

buh_buh i would, but i kinda want to know the price first before i join the group buy, cause i don't want to join and end up backing out on it

buh_buh
08-07-2002, 11:36 AM
i'll pm you the details.

jaylo
08-07-2002, 12:15 PM

Excuse me but I am the new owner of Auto Dream since june first of this year. None of phong's old installer stayed working for me due to this reason. So don't comment my store this way again! untill you see hacks leaving my shop as of june 01. I install for seven years around calgary, and I do take pride in my work.

werd!

Import_Girl
08-07-2002, 02:41 PM
there is a new thread for the new compustar group buy, all details are on there. as per the request for the old version with no install, i gave a quote on five, to ScCab, if you are interested please talk to him....it would be easier for me if one person was in charge of getting the #, so far it looks like Max Boos t will be leading the new one with install, and ScCab the old one with no install...provided it is ok with them to lead it

rsxxxcutie
08-07-2002, 03:13 PM
:hitit:

silvercivicsir
08-07-2002, 03:17 PM

:zzz: :zzz:

REdOX
08-07-2002, 10:49 PM
What's wrong with the work Quinn does? (Just asking). Because from what I've seen (at least the person I know that works there) they do a good job. All connections are sealed with a lot of tape for moisture, etc.