PDA

View Full Version : To the mustang drive that i beat last night...

DUBBED
05-10-2003, 12:16 PM
first of all... my car is not a VR6 its a 2.0... and im hoping that yours is anything but a 5.0... or you have something terribly wrong with you tranny... i was shocked and in awe in how far i was in front of you especially with 3 peeps in my car... if you are on this board im sorry for beating you on 3 consecutive lights...

lmao sorry im not trying to be an ass i just never thought i would beat any form of a mustang in my slow ass 2.0L GTi... hehe if that was anyone on here wats up!! i didnt hear too many friendly sounds from your side of the road... something wrong under the hood?:dunno:

fast95pony
05-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Ooops . Some Stang owner has a red face !!

Ben
05-10-2003, 04:19 PM
lol...I've given a few Stang owners a red face with My OLD ASS WINTERBEATER :rolleyes: 87 GTI...Feels good dont it, hahaha.

Now sure they were the V6 stangs but gust they same, they give ya the look of "I own the road in my base model stang" and then get worked, muhahahaha

DUBBED
05-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Now sure they were the V6 stangs but gust they same, they give ya the look of "I own the road in my base model stang" and then get worked, muhahahaha

thats exactly it too... he was riding my ass all the way down bow trail and driving beside me giving me that exact look... finally we got a light and well... you know the rest!!

:D

Sky
05-10-2003, 08:19 PM
I remember losing to a V6 Stang long time ago........with my stock Accord..........still waiting for one to meet at the lights.... this time will be different.... :)

Ekliptix
05-10-2003, 08:49 PM
I'll race =)

88 CRX
05-11-2003, 12:05 AM
What kind of stang did you race??? New or old... 3.8L or 4.6L. I can't see how you could have beaten either of them. Unless it was some old ass 4 cylinder.

SmelltheRubber
05-11-2003, 01:30 AM
Ive seen a few HURT-ASS wannabe 5L stangs. I know of one guy who just stuck the two 5.0 decals on his 4-cyl stang. And ive seen several other fake 5.0's too. Hope you didnt beat one of them...

jdmakkord
05-11-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Sky
I remember losing to a V6 Stang long time ago........with my stock Accord..........still waiting for one to meet at the lights.... this time will be different.... :)

Umm sorry, but there is no amount of bolt on's that would make your accord that fast, aside from nitrous or turbo! Reality sucks, but our accords are not fast!!!

DUBBED
05-11-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber
Ive seen a few HURT-ASS wannabe 5L stangs. I know of one guy who just stuck the two 5.0 decals on his 4-cyl stang. And ive seen several other fake 5.0's too. Hope you didnt beat one of them...

im thinking is is one of these u are speaking of... i could and still do not believe the guy have 5 litres under the hood... but who knows

itsnotaDUB
05-11-2003, 01:36 PM
props on a killah race fucking ford shouldnt mess with a dub, lol

Ben
05-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Meh, I got beat down extremely badly by a 5.0 today, knew I would lose anyways...god damn blower on it was louder than my car. Pulled away from me as if I was in reverse. :(

ConVict
05-11-2003, 05:46 PM
You probably beat a 4cyl stang. There is no way in hell, even if the guy lost a couple of cylinders that your 2.0 GTi could take a V8 stang. My winter beater probe with 110hp took two bran new 2.0 Golfs ( friends). My Summer probe has 100hp, and 150 more tq then my winter beater and I just keep with V8 mustangs... So nice try buddy.

jdmakkord
05-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
You probably beat a 4cyl stang. There is no way in hell, even if the guy lost a couple of cylinders that your 2.0 GTi could take a V8 stang. My winter beater probe with 110hp took two bran new 2.0 Golfs ( friends). My Summer probe has 100hp, and 150 more tq then my winter beater and I just keep with V8 mustangs... So nice try buddy.

Umm I've been in Bens gti, and it will hold its own against a lot of cars on the road! Tons of the mustangs on the road, even 5.0L's are beat to shit, and run slow. I would not be surprised if ben took one. Now a supercharged one on the other hand.....

Ben
05-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Umm I've been in Bens gti, and it will hold its own against a lot of cars on the road! Tons of the mustangs on the road, even 5.0L's are beat to shit, and run slow. I would not be surprised if ben took one. Now a supercharged one on the other hand.....

I think he was referring to DUBBED's 2.0L 8V :D

but thanks, haha

Car got a bit of a tuning today, but the damn cams have a bit of a lumpy idle to them...oh well, its neat.

DUBBED
05-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by ConVict

actually buddy the MKlV golfs are heavier... although they do have the same engines the chassis is bigger and bulkier... therefore slower... and my engine is not exactly stock either... cam, exhaust, chip, intake, make for a bit of extra hp... not to mention a beefy torquey pull...

and also if could read properly you would notice that i said in my first post that i hope this stang was anything but a 5.0L and that i could not believe that my SLOW ASS 2.0 could beat a mustang in ANY form ... in some posts after that, that this stang could be one of those with 5.0 badges and actually be a 4 cyl... so from first glance to someone who does not know shit about domestics it sure as hell could of been a 5.0L

but thanks anyway

so maybe next time BUDDY!!

ConVict
05-12-2003, 10:45 AM
It's all good BUDDY... I'll make you a deal, we can hook up and have a friendly race. Then I can see exactly how you would put up with a 5.0L. Fair enough :dunno:

DUBBED
05-12-2003, 11:33 AM
dude i guess you just dont get it...

I DONT THINK IT WAS A 5.0L... it had 5.0L badges... but i dont know shit about domestics so as far as i know it WAS a 5.0L with something desperately wrong with it... kinda like those fools who drive around with type R badges on dx civics... if you didnt know anything about cars you would think its a type r!!

racing you wouldnt prove anything... i know 5.0L are fast as fuck and that i prob wouldnt stand a chance!!

but the facts remain... I beat a mustang that said 5.0L all over it.... which is why i posted this in the first place is to see if he was on this board and if so he actually has a 5.0...

ConVict
05-12-2003, 02:14 PM
I just like racing people... thought I could talk you up to it haha:D

VWhooligan
05-12-2003, 02:46 PM
why dont you race something that would be even to you ConVict, why you wanting to race a 2.0 golf?? :shrug:

oh, and nice work on the kill DUBBED. If it was a V6 stang, I'm sure you coulda walked all over it. My old 2.0 Golf beat a few V6 mustangs. My new turbo golf however, rapes them.

talonboi
05-17-2003, 10:23 PM
hey convict did u work at a domo??

ConVict
05-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Sure did.... Welcome to Domo can I fill it for ya ? Can I check your oil or ash your windows ? Anything else for you today ?

What can I do for ya :D

NickGT
05-18-2003, 09:12 PM
can't ever trust the 5.0L badging on those riced up 4 bangers. Oh wait mine's kinda riced. LOL. Well at least there's no 5.0L badges. It just looks mean.

The easiest way to usually tell. Is look at the exhaust, dual usually (and i use the term loosely cause even this can be done to a 4 banger) means 5.0L. Plus you'll hear that V8 growl when beside it. Not some stupid high reving 4 cylinder. (5.0L by christmas for me.) :thumbsup:

A kill is a kill though, so good job on the mustang.

THREE40SEVEN
05-19-2003, 08:00 PM
4 cyl stangs have 88hp until in 1991 when they get 105...
They're kinda like a K car.

NickGT
05-19-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN

Yup

DUBBED
05-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN

lol well then it was a fair race!! hehe i feel shitty now

talonboi
05-19-2003, 11:53 PM
yo convict remember me?? i use to come to domo in a minivan cuzz i blew my motor on my talon a year ago...heheh anywayz sup?

ConVict
05-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by talonboi
yo convict remember me?? i use to come to domo in a minivan cuzz i blew my motor on my talon a year ago...heheh anywayz sup?

Haha the sad part is I do remember you. I feel the van situation, I have been driving a beater for a while now. Hows your talon coming along ? What about your brother ?
Long time no see man :thumbsup:

talonboi
05-20-2003, 08:40 AM
well as for my talon, im getting the motor rebuilt next week fianlly, as for my bros...in 2 weeks, and my other bros getting his supra back in june...so yeah no more vans for us hehehehe...
:clap:
whutz wrong with ur probe?

ConVict
05-20-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by talonboi
well as for my talon, im getting the motor rebuilt next week fianlly, as for my bros...in 2 weeks, and my other bros getting his supra back in june...so yeah no more vans for us hehehehe...
:clap:
whutz wrong with ur probe?
its a probe... nuff said :banghead:
should be out by mid june though ( knock on wood )