PDA

View Full Version : My knee hurts!

old&slow
11-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Returned from work yesterday and felt fine. Had supper and couched out for a couple hours before bed. When I went to get up I had what seemed like swelling and tightness below the cap of my knee. Woke me during the night and now I can barely walk or bend my knee. Very tender to the touch.Seems like fluid on there!
There was no trauma to the knee whatsoever. Decided to stay home and rest it for fear of it getting worse. I'm on my feet all day at work.
Getting old sucks!

HHURICANE1
11-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Go see the doctor right away! It could be one of the staph infections running around. These things can be deadly. Rapid onset of symptoms is one of the warning signs. I've had these infections before and I can tell you they are no fun at all. It may not be one but better safe than sorry!

~Leah~
11-29-2006, 06:44 PM
My knees all of a sudden started doing that about 10 years ago for me out of nowhere... and havent been the same since. I, however, knocked my knee on the corner of a stair. But ever since, I have had patellafemoral syndrome, where there is fluid always sitting on top of the kneecap, and there is less underneath, which causes my patella to rub against my femur, causing pain, and grining the patella down.

I would probably just ice it and keep it elevated for now, and if the pain persists, I would go see a Sports Med type doctor, or even a physiotherapist about it.