PDA

View Full Version : looking for signal light screws

Taz_Tuff
11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Yup, the title is correct. I can't find a place in town (I only called maybe 4) that has what I need. I took the front signal lights out of my 1989 Chevy Silverado and built in a custom Ram Air system.

I recently found myself in need of putting the signal lights back in to pass an inspection but could not find the old lights. (I have moved, who knows where they ended up) I went to a place in town and bought two brand new ones, BUT they do not come with the screws to mount them.

I went through my drawers of misc. crap and can't find anything that will fit.

Anyone?

I don't get in here often enough, if anyone has any info if they could please PM me that woudl be great.

Thanks everyone.

dj_rice
11-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Canadian Tire has screws...TONS...find out which one has the same thread as yours...how noob can u be?

Taz_Tuff
11-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Are you 12 or something?

Tell you what, I'll pay you a nickle to go sift through those TONS of screws. Cause kid, I just don't have the time. I want to walk in, and get what I want first shot.

mo_money2supe
12-01-2006, 01:52 AM
^^ Wow, first time I've seen dj_rice get shot down like that, well, other than by women...OR Arif. :D

As for the screws, I would think for a 1989 Chevy, you can find plenty of equivalent models at most junkyards around town. At least those will be a guaranteed fit, and as long as you're willing to take it out yourself, for something that minor, the yards probably won't even charge you a penny (other than admission at Pick-n-Pull).

Taz_Tuff
12-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the tip, I am going to hit pick your part this weekend.

rc2002
12-01-2006, 10:28 AM
You can go to the dealer if you want to avoid searching.

If the lights are going to be mounted temporarily just to pass the inspection and then taken down afterwards, just tape them on.

Taz_Tuff
12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
I tried that, and I tried silicone, but in the cold weather it did not work.

I have till Monday so this weekend I will do the junk yard thing. Actually a buddy needed to go there anyways for something else and asked me for a ride so he can put the part in my truck, so the timing worked out good.