PDA

View Full Version : has anyone experienced this frustration?

BigMass
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
anyone been frustrated with wanting to buy a new (used) sports car and having a hard time finding exactly what you want at a non-rip-off price, while at the same time looking at about 20-30 cars in the US fitting exactly the description youre after at about 1/2 the price you're ready to pay? Guess its time to find someone to import for me. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Surfing car forums from the US is majorly depressing knowing how good they have it down there when it comes to cars. The prices they complain about would seem like a steal up here. Not to mention they can actually find what they want with no problems what so ever. :drama:

BigMass
11-29-2006, 04:15 PM
QQ more n00b

pyar_deewane
11-29-2006, 04:33 PM
there is a guy on beyond that does importing from US for you...PremiereImports...dont know him..but you could give me a pm
:thumbsup:

ZedMan
11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Maybe you missed the sticky entitled "JAYMEZ's importing from the states thread"

Crymson
11-29-2006, 05:50 PM
The details of importing aren't the pain in the ass, it's just the details of trying to get a car remotely, and still protecting yourself.

Best bet, is to find the car you like, send a deposit and just fly down and get it and drive it back, otherwize it turns into a logistical nightmare. I tried really hard to ship a car up, because there was no way i could take time off work. I ended up finding what i wanted locally for a good price and in good shape, so i lucked out huge.

I messed around with trying to get a laywer with power of attorney to take possesion of the vehicle, and shippers who would take possession -- no one was very forthcoming with help in either sense, so i gave up.

BigMass
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by ZedMan
Maybe you missed the sticky entitled "JAYMEZ's importing from the states thread"

That's not the point. I know i can import, its the fact that i cant buy something i want inside my own country thats anoying. So now i need to go through the hassile of importing. Its more of a rant than anything.

QuasarCav
11-29-2006, 06:19 PM
The car I've been looking for is only available in Canada but I see all the prices for cars on G2ic and they are easily 20-50% off what you would see in Calgary.

theken
11-29-2006, 07:13 PM
go down to the states and buy one if its that big of a deal