PDA

View Full Version : Charger suggestions

Supa Dexta
11-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Just looking thru the canadian tire site, they have a couple of battery chargers on sale,

Motomaster Automatic 10/2A Battery Charger

Sale: $49.99
Reg: $74.99

Product #11-1567-0

* 10/2A useful for all 12V battery types including marine/deep cycle
* Cycles on and off when finished to maintain a full charge
* Automatically adjusts rate to prevent overcharging

the other one is slightly cheaper, so I assume this one is a touch better.. I'm pretty sure I've seen these motomaster chargers on some of my buddies garage floors, but I have no first hand experience with them, they look sort of cheap though.. My father has a charger that looks to be 30 yrs old, and was still ticking along on the farm the last I've seen, but I don't recall the name.. Hell I don't even really need a charger, just one of things thats handy to have.. any suggestions?http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/images/products/images/Automotive/Batteries/BatteryChargers/0111567_450_CC_181ec.jpg

marko polo
11-29-2006, 09:05 PM
i got that exact charger, hasnt failed me yet adn i use it all the time on my farm, definately worth the 50 bucks.

just dont expect this thing to start youre dead car right away in the morning cause it takes hella long to charge a dead battery

Cooked Rice
11-29-2006, 09:06 PM
yeah i got the same one, and it works fine.

Supa Dexta
11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
cool.. I won't need it for starting.. Just tending now and then.. I have one of those eliminator jumper packs or whatever they are called for jumps.. Its been a good unit, except the rubber/plstic coating on one of the cables cracked open last yr in -40, it was plyable, but as soon as it hit the cold the insulation hardened right up and cracked open.. Threw some electrical tape on it...

seer_claw
11-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Damn, I bought that exact one a few years ago on sale for $120. But it works really well and hasn't failed me yet. :thumbsup: