PDA

View Full Version : Review: New Dynasty - Crowfoot

canadian_hustla
11-30-2006, 12:15 AM
This evening I decided to bring my relatives to dine at this restaurant. Normally there is good food, service, but today the food was absolute garbage and the service sucked.

New Dynasty Chinese Restaurant: Crowfoot
Food 0.5/5
Price 1/5
Ambiance 3/5
Service 2/5

Dinner buffet: All you can eat is $13.XX+ tax per head

for 3 people, the bill came to $42.00+ tip

The buffet food (ginger beef, rice, wonton's, + everything else etc etc) was absolutely dreadful, it was stale/old and rubbery or so tough that it couldn't be chewed. The beef dishes were basically comprised of beef ends with fat.

The selection was extremely poor, they only had approximately 14 hot dishes and filled most of the buffet area up with disgusting makeshift crab salads, and for dessert jello and carrott cake (didn't even try it).

The glasses were filthy, forks and knives were not clean, plates were dirty. Usually this particular location is not as good as the Silvercity New Dynasty, however this evening it was so bad that i had to write about it.

On a sidenote, when we were leaving I noticed that the water in the fishtanks that were behind the buffet was green (had a substancial amount of white foam floating on top of the water), they were so dirty that you could not see in them (no fish) not to mention there were pieces of wood blocking the windows.

I understand that this location has different management compared to silvercity New Dynasty, but I was embarassed to have brought my relatives after such a shitty dinning experience

this place sucks, stay away.

Slashin_
11-30-2006, 12:18 AM
buffet always suck enless u go van,T.O
if ur looking for chinese food go magic cooking house on 16thave n centre recently tried it and i refuse to go anywhere else

l/l/rX
11-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Slashin_
buffet always suck enless u go van,T.O
if ur looking for chinese food go magic cooking house on 16thave n centre recently tried it and i refuse to go anywhere else

this is the place right across from the brick right? in between subway and that moutain gear place right?
if so this place is soo good. one of the best places for chinese food in cgy IMO

That.Guy.S30
11-30-2006, 12:21 AM
if u want good chinese food in the crowfoot area go to snow palace (honda used car sales area). its not a buffet tho

nonlinear
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
what did you expect from a chinese buffet?

nos_efx
11-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Didnt the magic cooking house get shutdown from the city due to health issues?? lol

?????
11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by nos_efx
Didnt the magic cooking house get shutdown from the city due to health issues?? lol

Thats probably why it was good.

And if you want good Chinese food you wouldn't go to a buffet.

max_boost
11-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Next time make the drive and go to Golden Inn or Silver Dragon. It is consistently good at those restaurants. I've never had a bad experience there.

Sun Chiu Kee is also really good but the service is usually just so so and I'm fine with that. You usually have to waive someone down.

Buffets are generally hit and miss. It's always better on a busy night, during peak hours when food turns over quick. Sounds like you went on a dead night and staff was just too cheap to refresh things. I can somewhat relate, there are nights when my restaurant is dead, I usually just cook less and add more as people show up or I just discount their bill accordingly.

I could never charge $13/head for garbage left overs, that isn't right!

VW02
12-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Chinese buffets in Calgary suck. The food is 99% non authentic so why would you even bother going to New Dynasty which is one of the most white washed restaurants in Calgary...

Snow palace is pretty good :thumbsup: